Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-18-2006   #1
WILLIEG
Veteran

Default Who Should We Draft In 3 Rounds?

Just wondering other Texans fans opinions on who we should draft depending on the availability of needs for other NFL teams. Draft thread only PLEASE!
WILLIEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #2
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Bush
Best OT
Best Defensive Player
Best TE
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

1 Bush or VY
2 Daryn Colledge LT from Boise St.
3 Davin Joseph OG from Oklahoma
3 Cedric Griffen CB Texas
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #4
adrianshrev
Rookie

winston, ot-miami
scott,ot-ut
wilkens,dt-michigan
griffin,cb-texas
thomas,te-texas

adrianshrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #5
Spoda
Veteran

mario williams(from trading down)
best T
best TE (from trading down)
best G
best CB/S or another guard
Old 01-18-2006   #6
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

in the third round we are probally looking more for our type of linemen. Some of the undersized guards will be prime for the picking here.

If winston falls to the second like is being project now, and we take mario, which is hoped, then in the third...i would be inclined to still look for some OG or maybe even a LB.

The third round is a ways down, and all depends on who is taken in the first two rounds. If we go bush then OL, we need defensive help badly. There are too many scenerios right now to narrow down a third round pick without naming the picks in the other rounds.
Old 01-18-2006   #7
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Bush or trade
K Parham/ A Hodges
Eslinger good fit for zone blocking
Mangold good fit for zone blocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-18-2006   #8
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Assuming we take Bush and then the top OL with the second, then I would think a TE followed by either another OL or a CB.

De Oppresso Liber

Last edited by edo783; 01-18-2006 at 02:47 PM.
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #9
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 5042 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

1 - RB, VY or trade down (AJ Hawk, Mario Williams or D'Brick Fergurson)
2 - Bobby Carpenter - LB or best OL or TE
3 - LB, CB, OL or TE (depending on 2nd pick)
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #10
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
Assuming we take Bush and then the top OL with the second, then I would think a TE followed by either another OL or a CB.
I agree for the most part.
1st round: either trade down and grab a defensive player (Mario Williams or maybe a DB would be the most ideal), trade way down and grab an OLineman other than D'Brickashaw Ferguson, or draft Reggie Bush.
2nd round: if Eric Winston falls to #33 grab him as the steal of the draft, otherwise get the next best OT or a guy like Davin Joseph. Hopefully we can trade down and have two high 2nd rounders and get both of them.
3rd round: If we take Bush at #1, look for another interior OL (assuming we get a OT in the 2nd round). If we trade down and already get our two OLinemen, look for either a good, fast WR or a good CB/coverage FS or a 4-3 DE if we don't get Mario in the 1st round. If a steal of a TE is available then get him too, as we have the top two picks in the 2nd round. Maybe look for an athletic LB in the 3rd round for depth and/or to replace Greenwood in a year or two when he's cheaper to get rid of.
4th round: Again look for fast WRs/CBs/LBs to add as depth and challenge for a starting spot or get a TE if we haven't already done so.
5th, 6th, 7th: BPA
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #11
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

1. The Prez, VY or trade down.
2. Jean-Gilles, Pope, Bing (if he falls) or Manny Lawson
3. Griffin and maybe Carpenter if we're lucky
Old 01-18-2006   #12
Eyeguy
Veteran

Trade down to #4 get Jets # 36, 68 & '07 #1
Trade # 68 for '07 #2

#4 D. Ferguson OT UVA
#33 Jean-Giles OG GA
#36 L. Pope TE GA
#65 T. Howard LB UTEP
#66 D. Slay DB Tx Tech

'07
(2) #1
(2) #2

Based on players available from 1/10 mock draft @ concensus draft service
Eyeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #13
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

1.DBrick
2.Bobby Carpenter
3.Best Guard
3.Best Center
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #14
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeguy
Trade down to #4 get Jets # 36, 68 & '07 #1
Trade # 68 for '07 #2

#4 D. Ferguson OT UVA
#33 Jean-Giles OG GA
#36 L. Pope TE GA
#65 T. Howard LB UTEP
#66 D. Slay DB Tx Tech

'07
(2) #1
(2) #2

Based on players available from 1/10 mock draft @ concensus draft service
We can find OLinemen that better fit our system than Ferguson and Jean-Gilles (Eric Winston and Davin Joseph would be a better tandem). I still don't like taking a TE in the early 2nd round and Pope is probably the least likely of all of them to drop that far anyways. If we switch to a 4-3 we need to look at a DE sometime during the 1st day, and I'd prefer more of a coverage S than a hard-hitter like Slay.
Old 01-18-2006   #15
Eyeguy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
We can find OLinemen that better fit our system than Ferguson and Jean-Gilles (Eric Winston and Davin Joseph would be a better tandem). I still don't like taking a TE in the early 2nd round and Pope is probably the least likely of all of them to drop that far anyways. If we switch to a 4-3 we need to look at a DE sometime during the 1st day, and I'd prefer more of a coverage S than a hard-hitter like Slay.
I respect your opinion to disagree on your choice of players. Do you agree that we need to trade down?
Eyeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #16
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeguy
I respect your opinion to disagree on your choice of players. Do you agree that we need to trade down?
I think it would be best for our team to trade down assuming we use those picks intelligently, but at the same I can see how Bush could benefit the offense, once again if used properly. I think Kubiak would figure out how to maximize our offense's efficiency with or without Bush, and I think he could pull for us to trade down to address the OLine and defense.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read