Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-18-2006   #1
P_Buchanon
Rookie

Default Carr isnīt the future!!!!!

Lets do it to Vince Young! After these season weīve nothing to lose... And without a few injurys in the lines, we can beat many teams... Donīt draft Reggie Bush!!!!!! Domanick is more talented than Carr... He will make his play with Vince... And Dunta and Phillip will receive most interceptions in a Season!! This is the future of Cornerbacks!!!!
P_Buchanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #2
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Buchanon
Lets do it to Vince Young! After these season weīve nothing to lose... And without a few injurys in the lines, we can beat many teams... Donīt draft Reggie Bush!!!!!! Domanick is more talented than Carr... He will make his play with Vince... And Dunta and Phillip will receive most interceptions in a Season!! This is the future of Cornerbacks!!!!
PBuc, were you allocated to the NFLE?
Old 01-18-2006   #3
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Your a little late for Oktoberfest!!

Hmmmmmm, beeeeeer!
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #4
P_Buchanon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
PBuc, were you allocated to the NFLE?
No Iīm not allocated... Just a fan...
Old 01-18-2006   #5
P_Buchanon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharton
Your a little late for Oktoberfest!!

Hmmmmmm, beeeeeer!
Oktoberfest is in Munich... Iīm from cologne, thats not the same world!!! here is time for carnival in 5 weeks
Old 01-18-2006   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

well now greetings from Texas, very interesting topic not to mention your World Famous Kolsch Biers, tell me there is one called Dom? and that its short for Dominack Davis

actually there are several I have wanted to try but are not available in the states such as PJ Fruh, Paeffgen & Hellers Malzmuhle. I have tried a Reissdorf about three years ago and it was outstanding

Back to Carr for a minute, he is damaged but repairable. the question "is it too late" needs to be addressed, can the new coach (Gary Kubiak-alledgedly) save his career with the Texans like he save Jake Plummers career after Arizona? Alot of questions need to be answeared first. NFL Football is such a team game & you need outstanding leadership to bring all the talent together and so far for whatever reason he has been a failure. It is very tempting to take our hometown champion Vince Young his leadership skills are unquestioned, his athletic ability unmatched, throwing accuracy much improved.

Tough call, I think I need a Cologne Kolsch to get me through this draft
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #7
P_Buchanon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
well now greetings from Texas, very interesting topic not to mention your World Famous Kolsch Biers, tell me there is one called Dom? and that its short for Dominack Davis

actually there are several I have wanted to try but are not available in the states such as PJ Fruh, Paeffgen & Hellers Malzmuhle. I have tried a Reissdorf about three years ago and it was outstanding
Back to Carr for a minute, he is damaged but repairable. the question "is it too late" needs to be addressed, can the new coach (Gary Kubiak-alledgedly) save his career with the Texans like he save Jake Plummers career after Arizona? Alot of questions need to be answeared first. NFL Football is such a team game & you need outstanding leadership to bring all the talent together and so far for whatever reason he has been a failure. It is very tempting to take our hometown champion Vince Young his leadership skills are unquestioned, his athletic ability unmatched, throwing accuracy much improved.

Tough call, I think I need a Cologne Kolsch to get me through this draft
I work for the reissdorf brewey
I think its too late for Carr... He donīt get better the last years... And Vince is the chance to draft the new generation of QB... And Dom will be better if he had another rusher on his side!!!
Old 01-18-2006   #8
BeerFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to BeerFan

you know, a guy with the handle "P_Buchanon" can't really be trusted for his player evaluation skills.
Old 01-18-2006   #9
P_Buchanon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerFan
you know, a guy with the handle "P_Buchanon" can't really be trusted for his player evaluation skills.
Cause of the handle i canīt really be trusted??? Thanks of your acceptance...
Old 01-18-2006   #10
BeerFan
Veteran

man, ive only been here a week. im a new guy too.

i didnt mean you couldnt be trusted, like, "keep that man away from those children! he might destroy them!"
not my intent.

im just saying you might be wrong about Mr. Carr. thats all.
Old 01-18-2006   #11
P_Buchanon
Rookie

Quote:
man, ive only been here a week. im a new guy too.

i didnt mean you couldnt be trusted, like, "keep that man away from those children! he might destroy them!"
not my intent.

im just saying you might be wrong about Mr. Carr. thats all.
Allright... But why would you hold on Carr?? He had 4 years... And in no year he had any chance to be like a most improved player... he was a disappointing no. 1 pick!!
Old 01-18-2006   #12
BeerFan
Veteran

if i recall correctly, Elway, Aikman, Young, Brees, and Gannon all got off to slow starts too. the most important thing for a QB, the offensive line, has never even been tolerable. Carr is still a very talented player, lets fill the holes around him instead of scrapping the entire team.
Old 01-18-2006   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

sorry I had to take a break in the action to submit some beer entries wow are you kidding me you work for reissdorf brewey? Maybe we should make this the all beer thread instead, or how do I aquire Reissdorf in Houston?

Actually your both right so here is the solution. The Texans can bring in Kubiac for the blessing but I asssume he already has signed off, and finish contract talks with David Carr, then the Texans go ahead and draft Vince Young. unlike Carr he is going to have the luxury of developing without getting thrown to the wolves, at least initially. Carr will continue to develop and improve & as he maximizes his worth and another team really needs a QB we trade him for a 1st rd draft pick. Vince assumes control of the team and the rest as they say......is history
Old 01-18-2006   #14
P_Buchanon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
sorry I had to take a break in the action to submit some beer entries wow are you kidding me you work for reissdorf brewey? Maybe we should make this the all beer thread instead, or how do I aquire Reissdorf in Houston?

Actually your both right so here is the solution. The Texans can bring in Kubiac for the blessing but I asssume he already has signed off, and finish contract talks with David Carr, then the Texans go ahead and draft Vince Young. unlike Carr he is going to have the luxury of developing without getting thrown to the wolves, at least initially. Carr will continue to develop and improve & as he maximizes his worth and another team really needs a QB we trade him for a 1st rd draft pick. Vince assumes control of the team and the rest as they say......is history
Sorry... I dont know if you can aquire Reissdorf in Houston... I just can tell you that we export to b. united in redding... thats our wholesaler in the USA...
Old 01-18-2006   #15
BeerFan
Veteran

so then we will have spent two #1s on quarterbacks, one of which would be traded.

you dont get #1 picks a whole lot, so wouldnt it be better to draft somebody who we would keep in addition to Carr?
Old 01-18-2006   #16
P_Buchanon
Rookie

Quote:
so then we will have spent two #1s on quarterbacks, one of which would be traded.

you dont get #1 picks a whole lot, so wouldnt it be better to draft somebody who we would keep in addition to Carr?
That would be great... But I think that Bush is not the right player for Houston... But maybe its possible with Carr and Bush...
But the OL problems will stay.... Thats a big problem... also for Vince...
heīs fast, but not fast enough for the hole defense line of our opponent!!
Old 01-18-2006   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Buchanon
Sorry... I dont know if you can aquire Reissdorf in Houston... I just can tell you that we export to b. united in redding... thats our wholesaler in the USA...
DHO DHO DHO :brickwall
Old 01-18-2006   #18
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:

#1's are spent more on QB's than any other position, not only is it the most important position, the highest paid & the hardest to find you can never have too many good QB's- this according to many GM's. we still have like seven more picks + free agency & a new coach/system coming. This way if Carr's play improves it not only helps the Texans & Vince Young it adds depth in case of injury, builds trade value & in the long run working with Kubiac will only help Vince prepare for the NFL so when its his job full time he will be ready
Old 01-18-2006   #19
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

akili smith was a bust.....should the bengals have not used that #1 pick on carson palmer?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #20
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
akili smith was a bust.....should the bengals have not used that #1 pick on carson palmer?
David Carr is hardly a repeat of Akili Smith.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read