Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-17-2006   #1
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Another Game/Bet

In honor of Mexican_Texan's idea of the game for the rookie of the year and the previous Carr Avatar bet, I propose another game. Lets have a lets choose the Texans first pick game. Everyone makes a pick out of four choices: Vince Young, Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart, and Trade Down. Once the picks are in, all the people in the specific camps will choose avatars that reflect their choice. Then at the draft, the people with the choice that the Texans end up doing, get bragging rights. The people who lose must change their avatar to the winning choice for 3 weeks! Who's in?!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #2
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

By no responses I take it that nobody is interested?

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 01-18-2006   #3
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst
By no responses I take it that nobody is interested?
I'd be interested, but it does not seem completely organized. The trade down option is very broad.
Old 01-18-2006   #4
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
I'd be interested, but it does not seem completely organized. The trade down option is very broad.
Yeah, the trade down one is broad. I was thinking of just doing a Vince vs Reggie game, but the very real fact is we couyld easily trade down. If that happened, the game would end quite anticlimatically and everyone would be a loser. I figured add in the trade down and make it broad becuase there are so many ways to go. I thought about a Trade Down Dbrick, Trade Down Mario, Trade Down Hawk, but then that Might be too big. What do you think?

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 01-18-2006   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

How 'bout you just leave the three choices. BTW, this should probablay wait until the combine as some players' stock can skyrocket or go down the toilet. I'm jus' sayin.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006   #6
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
How 'bout you just leave the three choices. BTW, this should probablay wait until the combine as some players' stock can skyrocket or go down the toilet. I'm jus' sayin.

SOunds good. So its Reggie, Vince, or trade down. We start at the combine!

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 01-19-2006   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

if we trade down Casserly will need to be looking over his shoulder every moment, every day.....its not worth it, just Bush or Young trading down just means you think your smarter than the next guy & like that ever happens
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-19-2006   #8
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hmmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst
In honor of Mexican_Texan's idea of the game for the rookie of the year and the previous Carr Avatar bet, I propose another game. Lets have a lets choose the Texans first pick game. Everyone makes a pick out of four choices: Vince Young, Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart, and Trade Down. Once the picks are in, all the people in the specific camps will choose avatars that reflect their choice. Then at the draft, the people with the choice that the Texans end up doing, get bragging rights. The people who lose must change their avatar to the winning choice for 3 weeks! Who's in?!

What about those of us who think that the Texans will draft one particular way, but your own personal preference is something different?

I think that the Texans will take Bush, but I would prefer them to take Young.

Whoever is the pick, if someone makes a slick avatar of them, I'd be likely to use it though. GO NEW TEXAN!!!!!
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006   #9
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
What about those of us who think that the Texans will draft one particular way, but your own personal preference is something different?

I think that the Texans will take Bush, but I would prefer them to take Young.

Whoever is the pick, if someone makes a slick avatar of them, I'd be likely to use it though. GO NEW TEXAN!!!!!
In that case you get your choice: you can go with your head, or with your heart. In any case it is a game and should be fun. Plus, we all get a slick looking avatar at the end of the day we can use for a while and a great player! Seems like a win-win-win situaiton in my mind!

-awtysst on 4/28/2011

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read