Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-17-2006   #1
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

Default Add another 2 mil to our cap

houstonprofootball.com has an article about bradford not meeting incentives in his contract that allows us to add that money to our cap space!!! Finally bradford does something good for this team!!!
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #2
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsfanatic
houstonprofootball.com has an article about bradford not meeting incentives in his contract that allows us to add that money to our cap space!!! Finally bradford does something good for this team!!!
I think Bradford should be moved to a position on the line.

The Unemployment line, that is.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #3
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
I think Bradford should be moved to a position on the line.

The Unemployment line, that is.
Sound like the correct career decision for him. Best of luck, don't let the door hit ya in the backside.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #4
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

we can definitely use that money to throw around at and lure in some FA's...by wish is still bentley but im not sure on how he would fit into kubiaks scheme of things....can anyone enlighten us on that one??

What are some of the things this scheme is going to require? which players on this team are likely to stay or fit into this scheme? and finally what attractice FA's out there would fit into his scheme???
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #5
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Now we've got money to re-sign Wells.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we should make an effort to keep bradford once our key re-signings and FA signings are done. He would be good depth for us.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Bradford is a track guy trying to play football .... Sure he's fast but that does no good if you cant find a seam in the zone or catch the ball ..... he has possibly the worst hands Ive ever seen for a WR .... I like the un-employment line for him .

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-18-2006   #8
P_Buchanon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
I think Bradford is a track guy trying to play football .... Sure he's fast but that does no good if you cant find a seam in the zone or catch the ball ..... he has possibly the worst hands Ive ever seen for a WR .... I like the un-employment line for him .
Youre right, but which other player should catch the ball, a 4th round rookie?? or should we get an fa receiver?? I think Corey stays for 1 year more...
Old 01-18-2006   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Buchanon
Youre right, but which other player should catch the ball, a 4th round rookie?? or should we get an fa receiver?? I think Corey stays for 1 year more...

If that 4th round rookie is a better reciever then yes , he should see the field instead ....I really think that they MUST upgrade the #2 WR position before this offense can be productive .

Remember that Bradford was a FA last season and NO TEAM offered him a contract . To me that says he isnt good enough to ride the pine for many a team in the league .... If thats the case why should he be the #2 here ? Because he's fast ? .... Fast doesnt matter if you cant utilize it .

I was at one time a Bradford supporter ..... I just dont think he's worth the roster spot now considering his contributions . The contract money and roster spot would be better served on a project with potential than what he can give .

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #10
P_Buchanon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
If that 4th round rookie is a better reciever then yes , he should see the field instead ....I really think that they MUST upgrade the #2 WR position before this offense can be productive .

Remember that Bradford was a FA last season and NO TEAM offered him a contract . To me that says he isnt good enough to ride the pine for many a team in the league .... If thats the case why should he be the #2 here ? Because he's fast ? .... Fast doesnt matter if you cant utilize it .

I was at one time a Bradford supporter ..... I just dont think he's worth the roster spot now considering his contributions . The contract money and roster spot would be better served on a project with potential than what he can give .
Right, but I donīt think there would be a rookie to put him on the #2, and Mathis is not a #2, just a returner... that means thereīs only 2 receivers... Andre Johnson and the RB Domanick Davis... So we had to trade in my opinion... Trade Carr and letīs get a receiver for the #2 and a pick for next year..
Old 01-18-2006   #11
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Bye bye Bradford!
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #12
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I guarantee you that Mathis is at least a better #2 than Bradford. Bradford is the worst receiver on this team and we've cut rookies that were better receivers than him. Mathis, Armstrong, Gaffney--they're all better than him to varying degrees. I say we cut him because replacing him as our last resort receiver should be really easy.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #13
TreWardTxn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsfanatic
we can definitely use that money to throw around at and lure in some FA's...by wish is still bentley but im not sure on how he would fit into kubiaks scheme of things....can anyone enlighten us on that one??

What are some of the things this scheme is going to require? which players on this team are likely to stay or fit into this scheme? and finally what attractice FA's out there would fit into his scheme???
LeCharles has been a productive and steadily improving pro, but he is quite a bit bigger than Denvers average O-linemen, who need to be nimble enough to get to the second level on those stretch plays. I haven't seen the Saints much, but I think they utilize more man blocking than zone. The guy Kubiak would want at center is still in college at Minnesota, name is Eslinger, looks to be like another Kevin Mawae...
TreWardTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #14
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

doesnt bradford owe US money....i mean, if his contract was incentive based........surely we deserve a refund

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #15
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Reggie Wayne or Moulds as our number 2 would be great. I know people will say we can't afford either one, but it would be great if we could find a way.
Old 01-18-2006   #16
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyvice
Now we've got money to re-sign Wells.
Now we go money to trade Carr and absorb the cap hit.
Old 01-18-2006   #17
cadahnic
All Pro

Look for Reggie Wayne to wind up in Philly and Eric Moulds I have no clue due to his age. They would both be nice additions, but they will also cost a good deal. Moulds obviously would be cheaper, but he has been productive most of his career. I think Mathis and Gaff can man the #2 and 3 receiver spot and a rookie or Armstrong would be a solid 4. The rookie I would like to see would be a fast guy not as fast as mathis, but close to Johnson with decent hands. Only place we are going to find him though is at a small school.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #18
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I heard them mention on 610 am that Bradford's nickname when he was with the Packers was "50/50". Those were the odds that he would catch a given pass thrown his direction.
Old 01-18-2006   #19
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Favre always said it was like throwing to the Keystone Cops when Bradford was on the field. Never knew where he would be or if he might catch it or not.
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #20
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
I heard them mention on 610 am that Bradford's nickname when he was with the Packers was "50/50". Those were the odds that he would catch a given pass thrown his direction.

that was the funniest thing i've read all day...i spit coke on myself

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read