Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-17-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Time Capsule: Carr's scouting report before the draft

http://espn.go.com/ncf/seniorbowl/carr.html

wow.. I need to find out what they said about other players.. I am not sure who did the scouting report and how reliable they were.. Makes me wonder.. Has the Texan ex-coaching staff ruined him or was the NFL just "too fast"
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Escape Ability B+ Can run and has quickness.

*edit* funny because for 4 years I thought Carr escaped pretty well

Last edited by Wolf; 01-17-2006 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-17-2006   #3
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow. Good Stuff. It should give the team/fans some hope. You pose a good question, I think he will thrive under Kubiak.
Old 01-17-2006   #4
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

I think his ability and quickness were kept in check a big part of the season. Hopefully we'll see more of that next season w/ Carr. The Texans need to Woosah or something.
Old 01-17-2006   #5
TexansMVP
Probowler

Nice find on the article.
TexansMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #6
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Can throw the short ball too hard at times. Did show the ability to take something off the ball on screen passes. It's an area he can work on.
he hasn't improved on this MUCH in 4 years of playing. He did improve last year, slightly, IMHO, but not enough to say he was good at it, though. He also doesn't realize that a blocking TE, not know for his catching ability does not get the same hard, over the head area, speed ball, on a short pass as a WR or DD might. QB's have to adjust for the player somewhat and Carr doesn't do that well at all, IMHO.

Quote:
Can run and has good speed, but the thing he does best is throw from the pocket -- he's no Donovan McNabb.
this is probably the most accurate statement I have seen to date on Carr and his ability overall.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #7
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Character : Solid. Married with a child. He's a leader.

This is the line I thought was the funniest. Just hasn't shown any of this ability yet.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-17-2006   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharton

This is the line I thought was the funniest. Just hasn't shown any of this ability yet.
except that he has 2 kids now
Old 01-17-2006   #9
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharton

He has shown a lot of leadership qualities. He makes plays when most couldnt. He has willed our team to first downs and some victories. He gets up after each hit and demonstrates the willingness to move through adversity. He is quite a leader. He is just on a bad team, and coached by a very poor staff.
Old 01-17-2006   #10
pskinny
Veteran

In his 5th year, Carr threw for over 4800 passing yards, 46 TDs, 9 Ints, and 5 Rushing TDs.

http://gobulldogs.collegesports.com/...r_david00.html
pskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #11
wrestler4life
Veteran

I agree, and thus we do not need VY
wrestler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #12
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Well that just shows how even the scouts go wrong we all knew carr would never make it in the NFL for the love of Life David isnt even the best QB to come out of fresno state and that is a sad thing to say. david is what you can really call a product of the system that had no chance in the NFL ala akili smith heath shuler tim couch. may be carr would of had a chance if he went to and established team to late now we wont ever know the kid is shot in the head. i just hope we can get something for him in a trade.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #13
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
He makes plays when most couldn’t.
Yep, running out of bounds for a 2 yard loss and a sack are really great plays.

Quote:
He has willed our team to first downs and some victories.
Who cares about first downs and 2 victories last year. I am impressed!

Quote:
He gets up after each hit and demonstrates the willingness to move through adversity.
He's tuff, I'll give him that one. But, Its how you react to adversity that makes you great. You either step up to the challenge or you fall back. Since Carr regressed this year, I'd say he didn't do so well in the leadership category. Also, given how much he gets paid, anyone would stick around for a paycheck. Just because he didn't quit the team doesn't mean he performed well under adversity.

Yep, David is quite a leader
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #14
bigcarlos
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts
Well that just shows how even the scouts go wrong we all knew carr would never make it in the NFL for the love of Life David isnt even the best QB to come out of fresno state and that is a sad thing to say. david is what you can really call a product of the system that had no chance in the NFL ala akili smith heath shuler tim couch. may be carr would of had a chance if he went to and established team to late now we wont ever know the kid is shot in the head. i just hope we can get something for him in a trade.
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts
I understand what you are saying but If it weren't for the "system" in college.. could you not agree that Capers "system" wasn't fitting Carr's style in the pros? I am not saying Kubiak (by reports are he is our coach) can turn things around (I hope he can) for David, but I'd like to see a coach show some confidence in his QB and a QB (along with the team) have confidence in their coach... (mind what the players said off the field, it didn't look like it on the field on both sides of the ball)
Old 01-17-2006   #16
bigcarlos
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
He has shown a lot of leadership qualities. He makes plays when most couldnt. He has willed our team to first downs and some victories. He gets up after each hit and demonstrates the willingness to move through adversity. He is quite a leader. He is just on a bad team, and coached by a very poor staff.
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

my thing is scouting report (and yes they can be wrong) is Carr had a future

Is it the game is too fast for him or did the Texan ex-coaches and the whole philosophy just ruin him?

What I see out of Carr is he can make pretty much every throw yet reading defenses he either can't or he just hasn't had enough blocking up front to allow him to let the game slow down for him.. he still watches the rush in the pocket (not to blame him) instead of going to the next level and looking downfield and "feeling" the rush.
Old 01-17-2006   #18
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
http://espn.go.com/ncf/seniorbowl/carr.html

wow.. I need to find out what they said about other players.. I am not sure who did the scouting report and how reliable they were.. Makes me wonder.. Has the Texan ex-coaching staff ruined him or was the NFL just "too fast"
Two Words: Pass Protection.

Carr has what it takes, but because of poor coaching, bad schemes, bad luck(Tony Boselli), indecisiveness from coaches, all this has made him look bad.

I am telling you right now. If we let this kid go, he is going to pull a Steve Young and go to another team and lead them to the promise land over and over again, on his way to the Hall of Fame. All he needs is a season of good pass protection to get his confidence back.

Last edited by LBC_Justin; 01-17-2006 at 11:14 PM.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Scouting Reports, just like newspaper headlines are written to sale papers & magazines. Let's take a look at othe ESPN.com scouting reports, and see if they hit the mark or not. I wonder what they had on Ryan Leaf or Akili Smith, even Drew Brees and Eli Manning.

The media machine gets going on these guys, and just like you have people on this forum writing their ideas, their delusions in the form of posts, so to you have these analyst...... except they get paid to do it.

For this to have any meaning, we need to know who wrote it, and what their track history is.
Old 01-17-2006   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
Scouting Reports, just like newspaper headlines are written to sale papers & magazines. Let's take a look at othe ESPN.com scouting reports, and see if they hit the mark or not. I wonder what they had on Ryan Leaf or Akili Smith, even Drew Brees and Eli Manning.

The media machine gets going on these guys, and just like you have people on this forum writing their ideas, their delusions in the form of posts, so to you have these analyst...... except they get paid to do it.

For this to have any meaning, we need to know who wrote it, and what their track history is.
Soooo, that applys to all the Vince hypers also, correct?

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read