Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-17-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default (Realistically) what are you hoping from the new coaching staff?

besides the ole 16-0 and go to the super bowl... (which isn't going to happen this season)

What are you hoping the new Coaching staff can do?

REALISTICALLY!!

1) I know our OL isn't great, but I can't imagine it being THAT bad .. yet I do think we need McKinney to move out of Center.

2) I hope we get maybe a Defensive Coordinator that can squeeze the talent out of P-Buc..
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #2
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72472 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

A coach that builds around our players' strengths while protecting their weaknesses and does the opposite to our opponents.

This alone will make almost all of our players play better than they have in the past.

I'd also like to see a fair evaluation of each player by performance on the field, not number of years in the league, salary, or anything else.

Last edited by Runner; 01-17-2006 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Reorganize Thoughts
Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #3
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
I'm looking for one thing - a coach that builds around our players' strengths while protecting their weaknesses and does the opposite to our opponents.
this is what plummer said of kubiak. and im sure youve already read it - but just to show everyone else that he CAN build around player's strengths
Quote:
"I'm actually lucky to have had a chance to be coached by him," Plummer said. "He's given me confidence, put me in situations where I can function so I can utilize my talents.

"Not only does Kubes understand offense, but he understands defenses so well that he puts all of us in positions where we can do what we're best at. He doesn't ask certain guys to do things they aren't good at, me especially."
Old 01-17-2006   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72472 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdude730
this is what plummer said of kubiak. and im sure youve already read it - but just to show everyone else that he CAN build around player's strengths
Fantastic - it's like a breath of fresh air.
Old 01-17-2006   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

very true, because Capers offense didn't help Carr much.. I am not dogging Capers, but when you are a ball control offense... you have to have an OL.
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #6
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
very true, because Capers offense didn't help Carr much.. I am not dogging Capers, but when you are a ball control offense... you have to have an OL.
Yep, and it's every player on the team. For instance, the first couple of years we had Dre he made a living off of slants - where were they this year? He can run that route quickly, break the first tackle with his size and strength, and gain good yardage.

I think we'll see more of that next year.
Old 01-17-2006   #7
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I expect the running game to step up a notch, the passing game to open up before our eyes like a cherry blossom, and the defense to come together in their hatred of other teams and express that emotion eloquently by destroying them. Is that too much to ask for, I submit it is not.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-17-2006   #8
Texan Gal 312
Veteran

For Coach K - I expect him to hire the best possible offensive and defensive coordinators and let them do their jobs. There are a lot of head coaches that were fired, they got to be head coach because they were very good coordinators. Take a serious look at some of these people.

Hire an offensive line coach that can coach the line as a unit. I still don't believe our guys are totally untalented, they just never performed as a unit.
Texan Gal 312 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read