Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-17-2006   #1
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default Mel Kiper Mock Draft

Mel Kiper Jr. is going to have his first mock draft board. I heard he has the Texans trading away their first pick. That's just rumor though. Take it for what it's worth.
Old 01-17-2006   #2
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Its comin on on sports center in a few minutes.
Old 01-17-2006   #3
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
I heard he has the Texans trading away their first pick.
Then he's assuming the Texans will do something smart for a change.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #4
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mel Kiper Jr. is going to have his first mock draft board. I heard he has the Texans trading away their first pick. That's just rumor though. Take it for what it's worth.
I think it was posted on ESPN Insider and he has us taking Bush with the 1st pick. It is posted over at the Jags MB but there is no link.
Old 01-17-2006   #5
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

I'm just going off what my friend said. I work in TV, he works in TV for ESPN, and he was just passing off late info.
Old 01-17-2006   #6
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Its out. And he has us taking Bush. Leinart to NO, Young to Titans, Drbrick to Jets, and Mario to GB rounds out top 5.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #7
Boris
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 Boris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVP

he also has LenDale going to Minnesota in the late teens..... not even the 2nd RB taken.
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-17-2006   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

His argument for D'Angelo makes you wonder why he wouldn't be the first RB taken.
Old 01-17-2006   #9
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Um, isnt Kiper the same guy that said we should draft Harrington way back in 2001???

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #10
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Um, isnt Kiper the same guy that said we should draft Harrington way back in 2001???
yes, i believe so.

does anyone have a link?
Old 01-17-2006   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

His board will change more than a stripper on saturday night before the draft comes around. He keeps doing it so that he can say "I had that guy sloted...".

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #12
Afrokid
Rookie

2006 Draft Projection

* denotes underclassman

1. Houston -- *Reggie Bush, RB, USC
2. New Orleans -- Matt Leinart, QB, USC
3. Tennessee -- *Vince Young, QB, Texas
4. New York Jets -- D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
5. Green Bay -- *Mario Williams, DE, NC State
6. Oakland -- A.J. Hawk, LB, Ohio State
7. San Francisco -- DeMeco Ryans, LB, Alabama
8. Buffalo -- *Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon
9. Detroit -- Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt
10. Arizona -- DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis
11. St. Louis -- *Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland
12. Cleveland -- Chad Greenway, LB, Iowa
13. Baltimore -- Tamba Hali, DE, Penn State
14. Philadelphia -- *Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State
15. Atlanta -- Michael Huff, DB, Texas
16. Miami -- *Winston Justice, OT, USC
17. Minnesota -- *LenDale White, RB, USC
18. Dallas -- Jimmy Williams, DB, Virginia Tech
19. San Diego -- *Ko Simpson, DB, South Carolina
20. Kansas City -- *Ashton Youboty, CB, Ohio State
21. New England -- Bobby Carpenter, LB, Ohio State
22. Denver (from Wash.) -- Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
23. Tampa Bay -- Derek Hagan, WR, Arizona State
24. Cincinnati -- Claude Wroten, DT, LSU
25. New York Giants -- *Ernie Sims, LB, Florida State
26. Chicago -- *Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia
27. Carolina -- *Anthony Fasano, TE, Notre Dame
28. Pittsburgh -- *Antonio Cromartie, CB, Florida State
29. Jacksonville -- Thomas Howard, LB, UTEP
30. Indianapolis -- *Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota
31. Denver -- *Darnell Bing, DB, USC
32. Seattle -- *Chad Jackson, WR, Florida

Breakdown by positions in first round

Quarterbacks -- 3
Running backs -- 4
Wide receivers -- 3
Tight ends -- 3
Offensive linemen -- 2
Defensive linemen -- 5
Linebackers -- 6
Defensive backs -- 6

Most by school in first-round projection

USC (5) -- Bush, Leinart, Justice, White, Bing
Ohio State (4) -- Hawk, Holmes, Youboty, Carpenter
Texas (2) -- Young, Huff
Florida State (2) -- Sims, Cromartie
Afrokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #13
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Carpenter to NE makes sense. I wanted him to drop to the 2nd though.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #14
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

mercedes lewis and winston have fallen off quite a bit on most peoples draft boards. they went from the top the second round.
Old 01-18-2006   #15
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

Is that Kiper's actual mock?!?!? OMG if it is, that guy is ignorant. He gets paid for this, he shouldn't make these kinds of mistakes.

7. San Francisco -- DeMeco Ryans, LB, Alabama
That won't happen. Ryans isn't good enough for the top 10 and isn't big enough for the 3-4 D the 49ers run.

As of right now (precombine) these picks are huge reaches, if those teams draft those guys they might as well trade down and get a few more picks.

22. Denver (from Wash.) -- Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
23. Tampa Bay -- Derek Hagan, WR, Arizona State
I doubt Kiwi falls that far, and I doubt Hagan rises that high and have the Bucs take him when Marcus McNeil is still on the board.

25. New York Giants -- *Ernie Sims, LB, Florida State
If Giants do draft an LB it won't be Sims, or at least not before the combine, especially when you have a bigger and faster guy, Howard, still on the board.

27. Carolina -- *Anthony Fasano, TE, Notre Dame
A crazy pick before the combine, if he had said Mercedes Lewis it would be different.

30. Indianapolis -- *Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota
I don't think Maroney falls that far, but crazy things can happen in the draft.
Old 01-18-2006   #16
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodAa
As of right now (precombine) these picks are huge reaches, if those teams draft those guys they might as well trade down and get a few more picks.
I dont know about Hali, but Cutler is very high on a lot of teams boards. Cutler would have been the 2nd QB taken behind Lineart if VY didnt come out.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
I dont know about Hali, but Cutler is very high on a lot of teams boards. Cutler would have been the 2nd QB taken behind Lineart if VY didnt come out.

I think Hali is the exception to the rule & Cutler is close the examples yoda gives are correct, in my opinion and hence forth receives high marks for being both specific and accurate
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006   #18
YodAa
All Pro

the biggest reason I don't see the lions taking cutler is for the same reason I don't see the Saints taking Vince, their hungry for a winning season and they don't have time (fanwise) to develop a QB when their entire offense is already built as well
Old 01-19-2006   #19
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodAa
the biggest reason I don't see the lions taking cutler is for the same reason I don't see the Saints taking Vince, their hungry for a winning season and they don't have time (fanwise) to develop a QB when their entire offense is already built as well
The lions maybe, but are the saints really "developed" offensivly??
Old 01-19-2006   #20
YodAa
All Pro

Developed as in all the tools have been brought into the team (Horn, Stallworth, and McAllister) for them to succeed with just one piece missing, that being Leinart.

Also I know I've listed in other threads 2 big reasons for why the Saints wouldn't take Vince with the 2nd, but actually there are 3 big reasons. The 3rd being that last year the Saints drafted an RT in Jammal Brown, and we all know that one of a QBs most important tools is his LT but in Lienart's case, a Southpaw, his is an RT......... hmmmm who would I choose if I was them?!?! man tough..... cough Leinart cough lol

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read