Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-17-2006   #1
hellojohnnyboi
Rookie

Exclamation This Is Why David Cant Do Anything

GREG ROMAN!

The Texans QB Coach has never coached nor played quaterbacks in his life.

He started out as a Strength And Conditioning/Defensive Quality Control Coach with the Panthers, then Offensive Quality Control and Offensive Assistant with the Panthers, then Assistant Offensive Line Coach with Panthers, then Tight Ends Coach with Texans, and all of the sudden he is the QB coach for us.

Did he recieve that position just because he has coached for a while. I honestly dont think an O-Line Assistan/TE coach should ever have the immediate position of QB coach at a young franchise with a young QB.

JEEEZE Capers is gone if only Casserly could leave too.
hellojohnnyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Chris Palmer for the first three seasons was basically Carr's quarterback coach.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #3
hellojohnnyboi
Rookie

And notice in those 3 seasons (besides injury) he performed better.
Old 01-17-2006   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can think of 3 other good reasons:

1) Casserly is our GM, 2) Pendry was our O-line coach, 3) Pendry was or OC.

Do you get the feeling that I wasn't impressed with Pendry?

Last edited by HJam72; 01-17-2006 at 02:02 PM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #5
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

It actually has a hell of a lot more to do with the fact that Carr's name isn't Vince Young, he hasn't won a Rose Bowl, and he didn't go to UT.
Old 01-17-2006   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

This is not news for the Texans, nor coaches rounding themselves out for career development.

Carr can do many things that an average paid QB can do.
Old 01-17-2006   #7
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojohnnyboi
GREG ROMAN!

He started out as a Strength And Conditioning/Defensive Quality Control Coach with the Panthers, then Offensive Quality Control and Offensive Assistant with the Panthers, then Assistant Offensive Line Coach with Panthers, then Tight Ends Coach with Texans, and all of the sudden he is the QB coach for us.

Did he recieve that position just because he has coached for a while. I honestly dont think an O-Line Assistan/TE coach should ever have the immediate position of QB coach at a young franchise with a young QB.

This can't be true is it?
Old 01-17-2006   #8
hellojohnnyboi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
It actually has a hell of a lot more to do with the fact that Carr's name isn't Vince Young, he hasn't won a Rose Bowl, and he didn't go to UT.
WOW! JEREK! How ignorant and one sided can you be?!

Look at this...Carrs best college season VS Youngs best

DAVID CARR

Year G-GS Att. Comp Int Yds. Pct. TD LG
2001 13-13 477 309 7 4,308*.648 42* 70

*Led Nation

VINCE YOUNG

2005 13-13 325 212 10 3,036 .652 26 --
Old 01-17-2006   #9
hellojohnnyboi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbourda
This can't be true is it?
yes it is true kbourda, another great hiring rather than firing by casserly and capers..
Old 01-17-2006   #10
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 76755 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

So are you saying Carr is a better college player than young? So then reasoning on this board would dictate Vince would be a worse QB than Carr?
TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #11
hellojohnnyboi
Rookie

No what I'm saying is that Carr put up much better numbers than VY and alot of people think VY will NOT be the best QB in the draft. And in the 01-02 draft the man was DAVID CARR he recieved 71% of the votes of who should be the number 1 pick of the draft... Vince Young has recieved 56%....

What I am saying is that Vince is in such high demand here bc he is a longhorn and is a hometown boy, but you have to realize the potential of bust.

Also, we have our QB of the future. I DO NOT want to accept that fact but I have to...

BTW NO ONE should be dissapointed if Reggie Bush's name is called.

BTWW I dont agree with Carr as our QB and I DONT necessarly agree with us taking VY or RB...but im thinkin wat is best for the team, not me..
Old 01-17-2006   #12
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Woe is me!!Poor David. Maybe we should just go spend a ton of money and get him the perfect team and when he still under performs after another 4 years we should just keep paying him and get him a lineman that fixes his hair between series. I mean Boo-hoo. It isn't EVERYONES fault but Carrs. He shoulder the responsibility of making himself better and being a leader. He has done neither.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #13
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's an even bigger question. Why is CC still employed here as the GM? How many more drafts does he have to **** up for someone to take a hint? How much more "insight" does he offer til someone sees it as BS and calls him on it? This is really not a story I cared to hear about right now. If that was the case, I could have been his QB coach. I could have at least told him, "Hey, once you leave the pocket, throw the ball away. It beats rushing and getting killed." Amazing!
Old 01-17-2006   #14
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
WOW! JEREK! How ignorant and one sided can you be?!

Look at this...Carrs best college season VS Youngs best

DAVID CARR

2001 13-13 477 309 7 4,308*.648 42* 70

*Led Nation

VINCE YOUNG

2005 13-13 325 212 10 3,036 .652 26 --

...Somebody wanna pull up Jason White's stats?

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #15
Dennis007
Rookie

Quote:
GREG ROMAN!

Excuse 1000000000000000001 - Any more?
Dennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #16
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan281
...Somebody wanna pull up Jason White's stats?
451/278 61.64% 10INT 3,846yds 40TD 158.1 rating.

A pretty poor example IMO, since White wasn't even drafted and was definitely not a consensus top 10 prospect like the guys we're talking about. He had 2 blown knees and pretty much everyone knew he wasn't going to cut it in the NFL.

Last edited by JDizzle; 01-17-2006 at 05:06 PM.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #17
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
So are you saying Carr is a better college player than young? So then reasoning on this board would dictate Vince would be a worse QB than Carr?
That's what I have been saying for a long time now. VY is going to be like Vick, who isn't that good of a QB.
Old 01-17-2006   #18
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

and CArr had absolutely no TE to throw to, the last few games when he started to play better also coincided with more catches by Rivers... imagine if we had a legit TE what that could do for Carrs game,
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264425 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
I'll admit, before Vince said he would enter the draft, QB was the least of my worries. But with Vince available...... I'm not so high on Carr. I've defended him from day one, and supported him. I think if you put most NFL starters in Carrs shoes, our season wouldn't have been any different at all. There are three maybe four, that I think would have made a difference, given us more wins.

Dante Culpepper, Donavan McNabb, Bret Favre, Jake Plummer, and Michael Vick.
These may not be the "type" of QB you want on your team, & that's fine. I can understand that. All these guys are better than David Carr, and most NFL quarterbacks at making plays on the run. Making something out of nothing, and putting wins on the board. Vick, he isn't like any of those other guys, because he can't throw on a consistant basis. But he makes plays, and he wins games.
Of course, in my mind, Drafting Young says I'm not going to pay a lot for talent on the offensive line. Or that I'll be happy with the run blocking we are getting from our Offensive line. I do expect my Lineman to improve their performance next year, and beyond, but that will be through technique, and coaching. By keeping Casserly, and looking at the money we've payed our lineman, I can't imagine our direction is anything else. It's inconcievable to think year after year, player after player we sign these goofy contracts to the same type of players, and expect to have a pocket passer.

I don't know what to make of David Carr. But I don't think this team is set up for him to be succesful.
Old 01-17-2006   #20
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle
451/278 61.64% 10INT 3,846yds 40TD 158.1 rating.

A pretty poor example IMO, since White wasn't even drafted and was definitely not a consensus top 10 prospect like the guys we're talking about. He had 2 blown knees and pretty much everyone knew he wasn't going to cut it in the NFL.
All Texan281 was saying is dont compare statistics because it's really dumb since they both came from different places.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read