Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-17-2006   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Sports Illustrated top 20 in the draft

I wonder if this writer went to UT also.

LINK
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #2
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I wonder if it matters?
Old 01-17-2006   #3
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
I wonder if this writer went to UT also.

LINK
This changes everything now we have to draft VY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #4
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Interesting

Lots of hype time between now and end of April

Bad Leinart picture--they used a pick with a knee brace in it.

What is the status of Ferguson's health? Anyone know?
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #5
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Seems like another nation sports writer is huge on Young. Taking him would be sweet but if we do decide to trade down, grabbing AJ Hawk with our first pick and then the tackle out of Auburn with our second pick sounds like the way to go to me!
Old 01-17-2006   #6
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
Seems like another nation sports writer is huge on Young. Taking him would be sweet but if we do decide to trade down, grabbing AJ Hawk with our first pick and then the tackle out of Auburn with our second pick sounds like the way to go to me!
McNeill would be absolutely terrible in Kubiak's scheme...The guy simply can't move...He's big and is a good run-blocker, so he'll make a good RT for someone, just not us...

Staying on topic, if Stewart Mandel says it, it must be true...That guy is one of the biggest draft gurus on the planet...
Old 01-17-2006   #7
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
Lots of hype time between now and end of April

Bad Leinart picture--they used a pick with a knee brace in it.

What is the status of Ferguson's health? Anyone know?
Not sure on his heath status but I didnt realize that he was so undersized. At 6'5'', 289 lbs he is going to look like a tooth pick next to some of those befensive linemen he could be facing.

I was also taking a look at Mario Williams, who some people have said could be the next Peppers. He seems more of a run stopping DE at 6'5'' 290 lbs than a finness pass rusher.

The more I see these different prospects the more I'm liking AJ Hawk.
Old 01-17-2006   #8
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
McNeill would be absolutely terrible in Kubiak's scheme...The guy simply can't move...He's big and is a good run-blocker, so he'll make a good RT for someone, just not us...

Staying on topic, if Stewart Mandel says it, it must be true...That guy is one of the biggest draft gurus on the planet...
I dont know how accurate this is
40-time: 4.97

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...usmcneill.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Young
2. Leinart
3. Bush
4. Hawk
5. White
6. Mario Williams
7. Huff
8. Ferguson
9. D. Williams
10. Ngata
11. Hali
12. Greenway
13. Holmes
14. Ryan - See, im not the only one high on this guy.
15. Kiwi
16. Davis
17. Dumervil - Meh...
18. McNeil
19. Calhoun - Another guy I am really high on.
20. Bunkly - I dont really like Bunk.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #10
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
I dont know how accurate this is
40-time: 4.97

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...usmcneill.html
I don't really trust those 40 times though...Reggie McNeal ran in the 4.2s at A&M's pro day last year and he is listed at 4.35...AJ Hawk ran a 4.45 at OSu's pro day and is listed at 4.52...Vernon Davis ran a 4.41 at Maryland and is listed at 4.49...

Regardless of this, I'm not too concerned with the 40 times of O-Linemen...I'm more concerned with agility, quickness, and explosion off the snap...From what I've seen McNeill does not possess these attributes...
Old 01-17-2006   #11
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4741 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Lendale White over Deangelo Williams? Come on. Williams was a workhorse back for the past 2 years at Memphis and put up close to 2,000 yards in both of them, while White actually had less carries than Bush did this year.

What's the point of this thread, anyways? I could dig around and find a slew of other 'big boards' that have Leinart and Bush over Young, but what's the point of doing that other than engaging in some childish fanboy debate over who's better?
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #12
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle

What's the point of this thread, anyways? I could dig around and find a slew of other 'big boards' that have Leinart and Bush over Young, but what's the point of doing that other than engaging in some childish fanboy debate over who's better?
Its an SI article. Not just a random draft website, that updates every few weeks.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #13
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Stewart Mandel was one of the first writers outside of Austin who got big on the Horns early, when everybody else was screaming USC. So when the Horns won, he has been (appropriately) leverage to throw accolades on the team/QB he favored. This isn't a bandwagon he has jumped on. And I only saw Young and Huff on there. If he was a real Horn lover this year, he could have put a lot more names on that list.

I think that many of UT's seniors will be drafted in the first or second round. This is a natural reaction to being the winning team in the National Championship. Whether it is inflated or not is another thread, but look back a couple of years to when OSU won the championship. A lot of Buckeyes went Pro that year.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #14
Long-Spurs-Texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle
Links?
Old 01-17-2006   #15
eclem5
Rookie

Gen. Custer was a leader too. Is he a leader really?
eclem5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #16
eclem5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
I bet you wanted the Seahawks to draft Brian Bosworth, enough with the man crushes already
eclem5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #17
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4741 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long-Spurs-Texan
Links?
You completely missed the point of that remark.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #18
BREAZE
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclem5
Gen. Custer was a leader too. Is he a leader really?
No, its all made up. A whole bunch of witnesses got on the phone and all agreed to pull the sheets over everyone's eyes...
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #19
Htown34s
Veteran

I agree with Mandel's take on him:

"To anyone still trying to find fault with Young's unconventional style: Give it up, already. Young is a better passer than Michael Vick and, while Vick might be a tad faster, Young is a "smart" fast -- he's dangerous but not reckless. He's also the most endearing leader I've ever covered -- you could tell the entire Texas team marched to Young's beat. The only thing that would preclude Young's NFL stardom is a reactionary coach who tries to mold him into something he isn't."

If you draft VY, let Vince be Vince. Maybe a John Elway on steroids type.
Old 01-17-2006   #20
jmerog
Veteran

I heard that VY once threw the ball toward the endzone, blow his own hole in the line, sprinted down field ahead of the ball,hurdling tacklers along the way and leaped into the air catching the ball just as time expired. Is it true? Is it true he once ate lightning and crapped thunder? What a fine human and supurb American.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read