Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-17-2006   #1
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer
Default I was wondering...

has any team ever traded up to the #1 spot to draft a runningback?

I was just thinking that's a huge risk to take by doing that. More often than not runningbacks dont live up to their hype in the NFL. Trading 2 first round picks just to select one seems like a huge risk to take.

Hopefully Casserly/Reeves will find some sucker to pull off a blockbuster with.
Old 01-17-2006   #2
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
Two examples that immediately popped into my head:

1. The Oilers traded with Tampa Bay to get the #1 pick and take Earl Campbell (How can you call yourself a Texan and a football fan and not know this?)
2. The Bengals traded with Carolina and drafted Ki-Jana Carter.
Old 01-17-2006   #3
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Two examples that immediately popped into my head:

1. The Oilers traded with Tampa Bay to get the #1 pick and take Earl Campbell (How can you call yourself a Texan and a football fan and not know this?)
2. The Bengals traded with Carolina and drafted Ki-Jana Carter.
Well the only thing that the Oilers and Texans have in common is that they're from the same city so it's pretty easy to call myself a Texan fan.

I loved the Oilers but I was just a kid in the run-n-shoot era and honestly didnt follow football at all when i was a toddler so I missed watching the great Earl Campbell do his thing for our city.
Old 01-17-2006   #4
Glacier
Veteran

Quote:

I was just thinking that's a huge risk to take by doing that. More often than not runningbacks dont live up to their hype in the NFL. Trading 2 first round picks just to select one seems like a huge risk to take.

Hopefully Casserly/Reeves will find some sucker to pull off a blockbuster with.

didn't Ditka bet the ranch on Ricky Williams when he was in New Orleans?

Edit: my bad....Ricky went 5th in that draft.....
Glacier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #5
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Well the only thing that the Oilers and Texans have in common is that they're from the same city so it's pretty easy to call myself a Texan fan.
I wasn't questioning your support of the Texans. When I said "Texan", I was referring to being a member of this state, not a fan of the football team. I'm just surprised someone wouldn't know that since it is brought up here so often.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read