Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-16-2006   #1
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad
Default Carrs' option due before S.Bowl. Will Kubiak even have a say?????

The title speaks for itself.
If the Broncs go to the Bowl then Kubiak will not even have a chance to evaluate Carr face to face. Option due 2/2 and the Bowl is 2/5
Oh, wait I know what they'll do.
They'll get to know each other over the phone. (against NFL rules)

I remember a date I once went once where I met the girl over the phone through a friend. We told each other what color shirt we'd be wearing. Well I wore a different color at the last minute before leaving the house. Thank God I did. That girl was Ubafubu-ugly with frizzy hair.

I hope Kubes win one and comes to town en fuego but this worries me. He's the only guy we've got (sort of) who can truly evaluate him without any biases.
Old 01-16-2006   #2
Mario Williams
Rookie

I think they use the option no matter what either way. Carr isn't leaving for nothing.
Old 01-16-2006   #3
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush
I think they use the option no matter what either way.
Man, I ought to get in line. I can do absolutely nothing for his franchise too.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #4
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I thought it was March 1st or 2nd, but then I found this - which says it's February (oops) 19th.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9055466

Whatever it is, Kubiak needs to be here by a week from today. Go Steelers.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #5
BREAZE
Veteran

2/19 is the deadline...he has plenty of time.
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #6
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BREAZE
2/19 is the deadline...he has plenty of time.

do you guys really believe that Kubiak hasn't already weighed in on this? this decision, either way, has been made, IMO
Old 01-16-2006   #7
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Somewhere I heard 2nd but they must've said 7th. Sounds similar. My bad. Mods, end thread plz.
Sponsored links
Old 01-16-2006   #8
BREAZE
Veteran

I don't know, its been a while since we last spoke...
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #9
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

It's still not enough time for my liking. Kubiak needs to get more time to figure out why (at least as *I* see it) some of the players are so frustrated with Carr.
Old 01-16-2006   #10
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

If Carr isn't signed then he cannot be used for potential "trade bait". No option: He's a UFA and we'll recive no compensation.

He'll be resigned, but that doesn't mean that we'll keep him. No need for anyone to freak out when he's signed. It's going to happen.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #11
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip
It's still not enough time for my liking. Kubiak needs to get more time to figure out why (at least as *I* see it) some of the players are so frustrated with Carr.
names please and sources ...
Old 01-16-2006   #12
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
I'm sorry, but do I have to type IMO also, or is "at least the way *I* see it" sufficient?

I do not think that Walker and Robinson wanting Young is about just Young.
Old 01-16-2006   #13
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Interesting, but it gave me another idea. Maybe a cooling off period is needed because the players are probably frustrated about a lot of things: being 2-14, dealing with bad coaching, not knowing if Carr is any good, heck - they're probably frustrated at having to play in 110 degree heat because it gave them an "advantage".

Also - do we even know that Kubiak will talk to the players about this sort of thing? It's not like they will have formal team meetings or anything. Many players are out of town until they have to be back. Do you think he'll conduct phone interviews?

I'm not clear on what this whole new coach process is going to be.
Old 01-16-2006   #14
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm sorry, but do I have to type IMO also, or is "at least the way *I* see it" sufficient?

I do not think that Walker and Robinson wanting Young is about just Young.

no not at all but I was hoping you'd link us to the sources for these assertions ....
Old 01-16-2006   #15
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Who are you Chris Mortensen. Do you treat these MB's as your "reliable Sources".

The things you hear from the most of us are things we've heard in the past but forgot to write down "names and sources" for you unpaid intern types fishing for a story.
Old 01-16-2006   #16
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Carr is going to get signed and or franchised to facilitate a trade we will get something in return for our lemon.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #17
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
Who are you Chris Mortensen. Do you treat these MB's as your "reliable Sources".
nope .... that would be utter folly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
The things you hear from the most of us are things we've heard in the past but forgot to write down "names and sources" for you unpaid intern types fishing for a story.
saying that players want Young as if they're unhappy with Carr deserves some backup .... did you hear it on TV, read it in the Chronicle, or overhear it in the line at Kroger's?
Old 01-16-2006   #18
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

saying that players want Young as if they're unhappy with Carr deserves some backup .... did you hear it on TV, read it in the Chronicle, or overhear it in the line at Kroger's?
I heard it in line @ Kroger. I was standing in line behind Walker, AJ, and Peek as they were stocking up on toilet paper and eggs getting ready for a visit to Carr's house.

Guess they don't really like him after all, IMO
Old 01-16-2006   #19
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Walker's quote comes from the Chronicle while Texans were watching the Rose Bowl. The date should be 1/06. (Something to the extent that Young "needs to be drafted number 1.")

Can't say I've heard of Robinson saying anything.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #20
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Gary Walker freaking out on Carr on the sideline says a lot to me and that they have made it known they want the Texans to take Young says even more.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read