Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-16-2006   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Another outsiders view of the Texans situation

Quote:
The Texans want to hang on to Carr, who has fooled a lot of scouts but darn few NFL teams. If they pass on Young to choose Bush because they think Carr is legit, they can expect to be vying for the first overall pick and searching for another new head coach in the next three or four years.
His observation in that paragraph is my fear.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...id=18170&rfi=6
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #2
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

What is the delcotimes and how long did it take you to find this article?
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #3
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
What is the delcotimes and how long did it take you to find this article?
I have a newsgrabber on TexansTalk.com that finds new stories all over the net on the Texans and their rivals every hour. It's interesting seeing how writers across the nation view our situation. Delcotimes is a site for a local Philly newspaper.
Old 01-16-2006   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Man you really dug into the depths of hell to find that article, I've never heard of that site nor that writer before.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #5
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Based on that paragraph..im not going to read the rest of the article. Nothing about this team fooled any NFL team. Our coaches were predictable in everything they did.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #6
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Nothing about this team fooled any NFL team.
That's exactly what he said.
Old 01-16-2006   #7
SESupergenius

He'll be a totally different QB in a west coast style offense.
Sponsored links
Old 01-16-2006   #8
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
That's exactly what he said.
eh.. in that paragraph he said that nothing Carr did fooled any NFL team.. which is true.. but its true of every aspect of the team, not just Carr.. and that falls on the coaches. I dont think thats a viable reason to say we must get VY.. unless he is also saying we MUST get A.J. Hawk, Hlatoi Ngata, Dbrickashaw Ferguson, Reggie Bush, Ko Simpson, Jimmy Williams..etc..etc.. to replace all the other players who didnt fool anybody.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #9
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
I hope you're right if they decide to keep him.
Old 01-16-2006   #10
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbourda
I hope you're right if they decide to keep him.
Stop....you're scaring me. Quit it.
Old 01-16-2006   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article
The Houston Texans blew it the last time they had a tough decision to make. Their choice of quarterback David Carr over defensive end Julius Peppers is largely why they’ve earned the first overall pick in the draft for the second time since tabbing Carr four years ago.
Based on this statement from the article, we should not draft Young or Bush, but rather Mario Williams!! (or maybe A.J. Hawk?)

I've always said we'd need a defensive lineman before a QB. That's always the order of importance....right?
Old 01-16-2006   #12
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Stop....you're scaring me. Quit it.
I don't mean to. Since people are quick to say scrambling QB's don't last in the NFL, you can say the same thing about a QB learning the West Coast Offense. It's not the easiest offense to pick up. But if they do pass on Young and keep Carr, I hope he can be the exception rather than the rule.
Old 01-16-2006   #13
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Whoa, I just had a flashback to the Lions message boards I used to frequent three years ago.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #14
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Whoa, I just had a flashback to the Lions message boards I used to frequent three years ago.
yea I guess you are right, the coaches we had a pretty good offensive system. Carr should have been league MVP under that system.

Flash forward yourself to Steve Young from his days with the lowly Bucs or maybe flashforward yourself to Matt Hasselbeck when in his 4th year he threw for 15 TD's and 10 int's (Carr had 14 and 11.)
Old 01-16-2006   #15
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

one can only hope....also, if we do switch to a west coast, VY would have just as much if not more trouble picking it up. obviously this is not an argument that can be made for those in favour of VY/against Carr...
Old 01-16-2006   #16
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
one can only hope....also, if we do switch to a west coast, VY would have just as much if not more trouble picking it up. obviously this is not an argument that can be made for those in favour of VY/against Carr...
I don't think this is a very valid argument. I'm not a VY honk but considering the West Coast offense consists of shorter throws, quick releases, etc I'd think VY would excel. Jack Pardee was on the other day and said he needs to be in an offense like the Colts where they spread it and let him throw those quick passes. I know theirs isn't the prototypical but it is a version.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 01-16-2006 at 08:10 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #17
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Flash forward yourself to Steve Young from his days with the lowly Bucs or maybe flashforward yourself to Matt Hasselbeck when in his 4th year he threw for 15 TD's and 10 int's (Carr had 14 and 11.)
Don't you mean flash back?

Anyway, if David Carr ever makes the Hall of Fame, wins multiple Super Bowls, or even leads his team to a conference championship then I guess I'll agree with your point.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #18
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If I recall, people were trying this bit before the season with Aikmen or someone.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #19
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Based on this statement from the article, we should not draft Young or Bush, but rather Mario Williams!! (or maybe A.J. Hawk?)

I've always said we'd need a defensive lineman before a QB. That's always the order of importance....right?

noooo you've got it all wrong ..... he need to build (or buy) a time machine, go forward in time to about 2012 and see how all these guys have worked out ... then come back and draft .... imagine Tagliabue's face when he reads the card ... with the first pick in the 2006 NFL Draft the Houston Texans select ... from Ohio State University, Linebacker, AJ Hawk .....
Old 01-16-2006   #20
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
His observation in that paragraph is my fear.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...id=18170&rfi=6

Just a quick observation a little off the topic.

Alternative history is an interest of mine. Who knows if Julius Peppers would have excelled coming to an expansion NFL team?

There are few players who are so good that they shine on a bad team. We've have had a few. But you will never know.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read