Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-16-2006   #1
BeerFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to BeerFan
Default Senior Bowl? Who's coaching?

we were NOT a good team last year. don't the really bad teams get to coach the Senior Bowl? or is it a rotation type thing?
Old 01-16-2006   #2
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

It is offered to the coaching staffs from the two worst teams, although since we don't have a coaching staff at the moment we're not in it. I believe it's the Titans an 49ers since they are the highest two teams in the draft that did not fire their head coaches.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #3
BeerFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to BeerFan

i think that coaching the senior bowl is a huge advantage in the draft. its kind of like an exclusive tryout. i wish we could coach it. damn you capers, for sucking and what not
Old 01-16-2006   #4
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I'll bet it is a nice advantage as it is basically an extended week-long tryout for 50 some college players.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #5
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
It is offered to the coaching staffs from the two worst teams, although since we don't have a coaching staff at the moment we're not in it. I believe it's the Titans an 49ers since they are the highest two teams in the draft that did not fire their head coaches.
That's right - it's Fisher and Nolan.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #6
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
I'll bet it is a nice advantage as it is basically an extended week-long tryout for 50 some college players.
Worked out real good for us. Here some guys that Capers and Cass said they were sold on after the Senior Bowl:
Wand
Joppru
Old 01-16-2006   #7
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
Worked out real good for us. Here some guys that Capers and Cass said they were sold on after the Senior Bowl:
Wand
Joppru
exactly what i was thinking
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-16-2006   #8
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

um.. wasnt Davis one of em too?

and why in the hell do people keep passing judgement on Wand and Joppru? i swear some people just dont listen, dont read, dont learn, dont care.. whatever.

For one.. How can you say that Wand is a bust? I will agree that he isnt a probowler.. ill even agree that he may never be more than a backup...and may even eventually be a bust.. but he hasnt hardly gotten looked at. When he was the LT, he was given no help... and the majority of the sacks he gave up came from the interior of the oline collapsing and pushing carr into the guy that Wand was blocking.

No he didnt look like a hall of famer out there.. but whos to say what might become of him? he may become a great RT.. heck.. they said he was a 3 year project and they only gave him 2 before they threw him to the wolves. I swear.. people have NO patience. Everyone isnt a superstar in their first few years. Especially not small school prospects and Olinemen.

As for Joppru. Never injured in college.. he wasnt injured until he came here. If we draft Vince Young and he gets his leg broke and never plays a down.. will he be a bad pick? or just an unlucky situation? I dont think you can blame Casserly, Capers, or Joppru for that situation.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read