Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-16-2006   #1
Capster67
Veteran

Default London Gone

I just read that London was hired by the University of Virigina to be their defensive coordinator. Good luck Mike and thanks for a great year of work with the defensive line!
Capster67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #2
bdiddy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capster67
I just read that London was hired by the University of Virigina to be their defensive coordinator. Good luck Mike and thanks for a great year of work with the defensive line!
Do you have a link? I was hoping we could retain London.
bdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #3
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Indeed London was one of the few coaches on the team that I would not have minded seeing stay here, but then again I'm glad to see he got a good coaching opportunity elsewhere.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #4
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

I wish him the best.
Old 01-16-2006   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 304149 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish all our former coaches the best in life. No use wasting any of our life's finite energy to hate.
Old 01-16-2006   #6
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdiddy
Do you have a link? I was hoping we could retain London.
Confirmed,kffl.com.

Quote:
NCAA | London hired as defensive coordinator
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:07:57 -0800

The University of Virginia announced they have hired Houston Texans defensive line coach Mike London as their new defensive coordinator.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #7
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

hey can someone fill me in on coach hoke

people were saying that texas A&M might want him, or is he staying with the texans?
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-16-2006   #8
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23
hey can someone fill me in on coach hoke

people were saying that texas A&M might want him, or is he staying with the texans?
A&M already signed a defensive coordinator so Hoke won't go there. I wouldn't be surprised if Kubiak keeps Hoke on as DB coach or maybe even defensive coordinator.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #9
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
I wish all our former coaches the best in life. No use wasting any of our life's finite energy to hate.

Great point !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: London Gone

London just got hired to replace Al Groh as head coach at the University of Virginia.

I don't remember London much from the Texans. Anyone have any insight?

Feel free to move this to the college football forum

Last edited by gtexan02; 12-09-2009 at 01:37 PM.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Al Groh is Kubiak's buddy and Schaub's former coach.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009   #12
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Except for GM's. I wish Casserly's stupid face the worst in the future.
Old 12-09-2009   #13
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone know if Virginia is changing there defense? They usually run a 3-3-5 and with London as there DC, I sense that they may switch to a 4-3.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009   #14
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1283 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Does anyone know if Virginia is changing there defense? They usually run a 3-3-5 and with London as there DC, I sense that they may switch to a 4-3.
UVA usually ran a pure 3-4 under Groh, though they may have used a 3-3-5 look this year. I didn't waste much time watching the Hoos play this season--one of the dreariest teams in all of college football.

It's an open question as to whether London keeps the 3-4 or goes to a 4-3. It took UVA about five years under Groh to fully "get" the 3-4 defense, and they really only got good at it when London came back as the defensive coordinator after leaving the Texans. Of course, having Chris Long helped, but previous UVA defenses featured NFLers like Chris Canty, Ahmad Brooks and Darryl Blackstock while underachieved mightily. That's why Schaub set so many passing records in Charlottesville: the Hoos had to throw during his time there.

If London can figure out the QB position, UVA can be good again. What doomed Groh was that his QB play deteriorated each year after Schaub (whom Groh inherited and then benched on multiple occasions) until finally bottoming out the last few years.

I was surprised folks had such good things to say about a position coach who was here during the 2-14 abomination. Did you all think London did a good job with the 2005 defensive line?
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read