Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-16-2006   #1
bdiddy
Veteran

Default O-Line In Kubiak's Scheme

Pure speculation

Kubiak's first meeting with the current o-line: "Each of you is to lose 10-20lbs. by training camp."

Look at our o-line, no one weighs under 300lbs. Compare this to Denver where only on player (Foster) weights over 300lbs. Most of the Denver o-lineman are 285-295lbs. They are quick, good feet, athletic. We need this because the scheme employs so many pulling guards and centers, as well as a lot of bootlegs, and QB nakeds.
bdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it means guys like seth wand are going to have a hard time.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Pull out your game tapes from the 7-9 season - make a list of the lineman you see that actually pulled and led the RB down field. You might be surprised. Big and fast is as good as small and fast. Big and slow is the problem.
Old 01-16-2006   #4
JohnGalt
Rookie

Rep Power: 10 JohnGalt is on the Pro-Bowl ballotJohnGalt is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
No, it actually means guys like Seth Wand are going to excel. Wand could be the quickest player on the line.
Old 01-16-2006   #5
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

a guy like D'brikshaw Furgeson seems like a perfect fit for this type of scheme.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #6
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

i was just wondering about hodgdon and what some people were saying about him before he was drafted. he seems like he might fit. he also had time at RG in college if we do go after bentley.

Quote:
On drive blocks, he is not the type who will knock people off the ball, as he is more of a position-and-turn type who excels at getting on and cutting off linebackers Has enough foot speed and body control to pull and lead on sweeps.
had a 40 time in the 5.3 range as well
linky
Old 01-17-2006   #7
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

denver's o-line would leave you to believe that ferguson would be a perfect fit but not really...ferguson's main weakness is on run blocking...the perfect lineman in this years draft for kubiak's style would be both setterstrom, eslinger, mangold, scott, matua, allen, and justice...especially the two minnesota's lineman are perfect for the scheme
Old 01-17-2006   #8
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdude730
i was just wondering about hodgdon and what some people were saying about him before he was drafted. he seems like he might fit. he also had time at RG in college if we do go after bentley.

had a 40 time in the 5.3 range as well
linky
They would put Bentley at OG and Hodgdon at C before they do it the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
denver's o-line would leave you to believe that ferguson would be a perfect fit but not really...ferguson's main weakness is on run blocking...the perfect lineman in this years draft for kubiak's style would be both setterstrom, eslinger, mangold, scott, matua, allen, and justice...especially the two minnesota's lineman are perfect for the scheme
I agree, Ferguson can't run block very well so I don't see him as a very good fit, I'd like to add Eric Winston to your list because he is quite mobile for an OT as well and he is much stronger and a better run blocker than Ferguson.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #9
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...icwinston.html

I think Winston would be a good pick because, due to his injury (knee injury in 2004), I think we can pick him up in the 2nd/3rd round. The Texans may even bench him for the year to let his knee heal and start playing him in 2007. He has the speed that I think Kubiak will be looking for.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #10
bdiddy
Veteran

Default Ideally

My Wish List include:
(1) Sign LeCharles Bentley; and
(2) Draft Colledge (I think we can get him with the first pick in the second round, if not trade Morency and a switch of third rounders to a team picking low in the first round).
bdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #11
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I would like Bentley, but my trepidation is that he will cost too much against the cap. We are already going to add a lot of money with Bush/Young, so I don't think we will have room to bring in lots of free agency. I am hoping we pull an offensive lineman in the second and a CB/Safety/TE in the third.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read