Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-16-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Joey Porter is an *****

Thats all I can say about this fool. First with the comments about how Peyton and Colts are cheaters, and now this:

"When they did that, they really want Peyton Manning and these guys to win the Super Bowl. They are just going to straight take it for them. I felt that they were like 'We don't even care if you know we're cheating. We're cheating for them."

Even if you believe it (it was sort of questionable), let it go. You won the game! Quit whining about EVERYTHING. Sheesh

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=2294214
Old 01-16-2006   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

PS: The title was a synonym for not intelligent, and not a cuss word, so Im not really sure why it was bleeped. But please don't think Im here cussing in titles and everything. Not my style!
Old 01-16-2006   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

He is free to whine, but there is a check and balance for that and I am sure he will be fined. Football is an emotional game, but those emotions can cost you the game or money if not checked.
Old 01-16-2006   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 277266 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Players are people, too...so they have just as much of a chance as the rest of us to be fools.
Old 01-16-2006   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sure you don't like what he said, but I'm sure the guys in his lockeroom like it. That is the card the Steelers have played all week.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #6
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I smell a MAJOR fine in the wind.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #7
txhoosier
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Players are people, too...so they have just as much of a chance as the rest of us to be fools.
players are people...but they are people who...getting paid millions of dollars, are held to a MUCH higher standard of behavior than say...joe schmoe who does not represent his company...nor an entire city, in public...

...and they have more of a chance than the rest of us to act like fools, because the ones who act up have WAY more opportunity to have a mic shoved in their face than anyone.

Before you go complaining that I'm just a bitter Colts fan...I'll give credit where credit is due...Pittsburgh came out and put the beat down on the Colts.

The officiating was HORRIBLE yesterday, on both sides of the ball. Porter needs to shut his &*$^)*!^&#)$*(&^!#)($*&!#$(*&#$()*&(_%^&!#$(_*%&!) (#^$*!&)^#*&$ mouf. (the cursing is me being a bitter Colts fan...LOL)
Old 01-16-2006   #8
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

Refs admit mistake...

NFL: Polamalu overturned interception the wrong call

NEW YORK -- The NFL said the referee made a mistake: Troy Polamalu caught the ball.

The league acknowledged Monday that referee Pete Morelli erred when he overturned on replay Polamalu's interception of a Peyton Manning pass Sunday in the playoff game between Pittsburgh and Indianapolis.

Mike Pereira, the league's vice president of officiating, said in a statement that Morelli should have upheld the call, made with 5:26 left in Pittsburgh's win over the Colts.

link
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #9
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
I smell a MAJOR fine in the wind.
Too bad the refs cant be fined
Old 01-16-2006   #10
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhoosier
players are people...but they are people who...getting paid millions of dollars, are held to a MUCH higher standard of behavior than say...joe schmoe who does not represent his company...nor an entire city, in public...

...and they have more of a chance than the rest of us to act like fools, because the ones who act up have WAY more opportunity to have a mic shoved in their face than anyone.

Before you go complaining that I'm just a bitter Colts fan...I'll give credit where credit is due...Pittsburgh came out and put the beat down on the Colts.

The officiating was HORRIBLE yesterday, on both sides of the ball. Porter needs to shut his &*$^)*!^&#)$*(&^!#)($*&!#$(*&#$()*&(_%^&!#$(_*%&!) (#^$*!&)^#*&$ mouf. (the cursing is me being a bitter Colts fan...LOL)
What someone gets paid is irrelevant to their behavior, lifestyle, dress, or whatever. This is about one of the lamest takes in sports, IMO. If you have beef with what was said about the refs (which by the way should be fined heavily) that's cool. But don't act like what he said was out of line or unjustified. Yes, they won but the NFL doesn't admit to this mistake if the Steelers lose. You can bet your bottom dollar on that. And yes, you are a bitter Colts fan! BTW, how does it feel to win 14 games and be on the sidelines watching with the Texans? *lmao*
Old 01-16-2006   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 277266 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Smile

Quote:
IMHO, this is one of the fundamental problems in our society. Why do we hold these guys up to a higher standard? They are entertainers, first and foremost. No different than overpaid actors, rock stars, or anyone else for that matter.

But we, the people, are fools to hold these guys up to any higher standards just because they can catch or throw a football. What about being a professional jock makes them above any one of us? Money? Fame? If these are the only qualifications, we are truly one shallow society.

Entertain me, but don't raise my kid. That's my job.
Old 01-16-2006   #12
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

I agree with Joey Porter, after watching the game it really looked like the refs wanted Indy to win and its even more beleiveable after watching the NFL kiss the feet of Dungy and Manning all season long. You can call him a whiny baby or w/e you want but just remember the Rockets last summer and how we felt when our team lost because of a bunch of contreversial calls
Old 01-16-2006   #13
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

I dont blame Porter for his reaction it seems like they were going againts the Colts and the Refs the refs tried hard to give that game to the Colts.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #14
txhoosier
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
IMHO, this is one of the fundamental problems in our society. Why do we hold these guys up to a higher standard? They are entertainers, first and foremost. No different than overpaid actors, rock stars, or anyone else for that matter.

But we, the people, are fools to hold these guys up to any higher standards just because they can catch or throw a football. What about being a professional jock makes them above any one of us? Money? Fame? If these are the only qualifications, we are truly one shallow society.

Entertain me, but don't raise my kid. That's my job.
who said anything about raising your kid? If you think that this is one of the fundamental problems in our society, you need to read the newspaper a little more often. There are some REALLY bad things going down around the world, bro. Personally...I think that people who fail to take responsibility for their actions is one of the biggest fundamental problems in our society. But that's not my fault...LOL.

When he takes the mic...he represents his company, the Pittsburgh Steelers, the parent company, the NFL, and the city of Pittsburgh. Similar to an executive who would represent a company in front of the media, he needs to learn how to speak without making himself look like an !d!0t, his company look bad for hiring an !d!0t, and the city for having to deal with such an !d!0t.

The fines from the NFL will support what I say here. You are taking things WAAAAY out of context.

Last edited by txhoosier; 01-16-2006 at 09:12 PM.
txhoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #15
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 23884 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale Gator
Refs admit mistake...
Quality. What's bad is they made some odd call like his knee wasn't on the ground when the ball popped out.. amazing thing is his entire body was when he caught it.

Wonder what if the Colts would've won based off that miss call, since the Steelers probably would've taken more time off the clock and more momentum at that point. Would we still have gotten a "hey, my bad" response from the nfl and refs?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #16
txhoosier
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbourda
If you have beef with what was said about the refs (which by the way should be fined heavily) that's cool. But don't act like what he said was out of line or unjustified.
So..what is it? Is it something that he should be fined for? Or is it something that is in-line and justified? You contradict yourself in back to back sentences!!! LOLAY!!!
Quote:
And yes, you are a bitter Colts fan! BTW, how does it feel to win 14 games and be on the sidelines watching with the Texans? *lmao*
More contradiction...you call me a "bitter fan", then follow up that statement with your own bitterness.

You are a good poster...
Old 01-16-2006   #17
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

can anyone say jeff van gundy?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #18
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Porter should be fined. But to put it in perspective, and not making light of the this Colt fan's chagrin, but Porter is the type of guy we need on our defense.
Old 01-16-2006   #19
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So..what is it? Is it something that he should be fined for? Or is it something that is in-line and justified? You contradict yourself in back to back sentences!!! LOLAY!!!

More contradiction...you call me a "bitter fan", then follow up that statement with your own bitterness.

You are a good poster...
If you can't understand English, there is no contradiction, you just don't understand English. And i'm not a good poster, i'm a great one!
Old 01-16-2006   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime
Too bad the refs cant be fined
Actually, I think they do get fined for the blown calls. Can't remember, think it was NFL Networks, but the head of Reffs said something about it.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read