Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Will Witherspoon

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
Anyone watch him for Carolina this weekend? He is a Free Agent after the season and has had a monster year. He is weakside linebacker but they said he filled in nicely for Morgan when he was out. Nose for the ball and tough. Just looking at the landscape.

bdiddy

Waterboy
HoustonFrog said:
Anyone watch him for Carolina this weekend? He is a Free Agent after the season and has had a monster year. He is weakside linebacker but they said he filled in nicely for Morgan when he was out. Nose for the ball and tough. Just looking at the landscape.
Good call, I would love to stick him in the middle of our defense with Wong and Greenwood on either side. I don't think he would be outrageously expensive either.

texan279

Hall of Fame
bdiddy said:
Good call, I would love to stick him in the middle of our defense with Wong and Greenwood on either side. I don't think he would be outrageously expensive either.
To get anyone to come here from a team that is going to the NFC championship game is going to be expensive. I mean, we had to overpay Wade to get him here from Miami.

bdiddy

Waterboy
The Panthers are not in great cap shape and have multiple defensive FA. I think it is possible to get him, but yes it would cost good money. I have no problems spending top money so long as the player is worth the money (e.g., Witherspoon, LeCharles Bentley).

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
texan279 said:
To get anyone to come here from a team that is going to the NFC championship game is going to be expensive. I mean, we had to overpay Wade to get him here from Miami.
I was thinking with their money tied up in Morgan as their MLB and giving him the shot, it might be enough to lure a guy away. This has been his one big year and maybe he wants to be "the man" somewhere else. You may be right though. Just a guy who I think would give the D some attitude.