Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-16-2006   #1
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Profiles in Leadership by Dunta Robinson

I can play a lot better, Robinson said. I did some good things, but if you want to be great, at the end of the season you have to evaluate yourself and say there are things you can do better. Thats the way I feel. There are some things that I can do better, and it starts in the off-season.

http://houstontexans.com/news/news_d...php?PRKey=2351
Old 01-16-2006   #2
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

What would we do without this guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #3
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
What would we do without this guy.

no kiddin... This IMO is Casserly's best pick in any round. Personally, I was like WHO?? when they made the pick.. and he has done nothing but prove to me that he was worth being picked even higher than the #10 spot we got him at.
Old 01-16-2006   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
I can play a lot better, Robinson said. I did some good things, but if you want to be great, at the end of the season you have to evaluate yourself and say there are things you can do better. Thats the way I feel. There are some things that I can do better, and it starts in the off-season.

http://houstontexans.com/news/news_d...php?PRKey=2351
I like D-Robs no-BS style and self criticism.
Old 01-16-2006   #5
Doom Capers
Veteran

I remember when he was drafted, I was clueless. I had to call a buddy to get some info on him. Now he is like my favorite player. Totally killer pick on Casserly's part.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #6
TexansMVP
Probowler

Nice read. I hope this rubs off on some of the other players.
TexansMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #7
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Love ya Deep Steel Blue!

I really like the way he plays so much bigger that his size. He has laid some people out with the way he hits, he is got great athletecism. Not only did he begin to display leadership on the field during games in only his 2nd year, the way he carries himself and dedicates himself to getting better is exactly what this team needs. We need a couple dozen more with the same attitude. I really appreciate some that leads by example. Fanatastic draft pick!
Old 01-16-2006   #8
SnakeOilTanker
Veteran

he wasnt out of complete nowhere, he was the 2nd rated DB behind DeAngelo Hall
SnakeOilTanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #9
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

I think ur reffering to the Bruce TD? The one where he was playing a short zone and the safety was responsible for the deep ball? Despite the fact he was playing the short zone, he almost got back and tipped the ball, coming about an inch short..
Old 01-16-2006   #10
SESupergenius

Wait, wasn't that a Capers pick? Or are all good picks Casserly's and all bad picks Capers?
Old 01-16-2006   #11
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Drob is from USC so it may have been McNair's pick

Yah Dunta is the man. If he ever leaves this team im gonna get mad at whoever let it happen.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #12
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

d-Rob is awesome. It was an overall bad season for everyone. It's amazing that Mathis was able to make the Pro-Bowl thru this horrendous season. I do look forward to D-Rob being in the Pro-Bowl as a Texan in the future.
Old 01-16-2006   #13
bdiddy
Veteran

D-Rob is going to be a leader of not only the defense but the entire Texans team for years to come.
bdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

A. Glenn did got out of his way to take Dunta under his wing and I think we have Glenn to thank for alot of the professionalism and views that Dunta has. In my opinion letting Glenn go was a big mistake. I do think that Dunta will turn into Glenn. Glenn was always the one to step up and give the lockeroom speech and I can see Dunta stepping into that role.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #15
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdiddy
D-Rob is going to be a leader of not only the defense but the entire Texans team for years to come.
Man, I hope you are wrong there. Leader of defense is fine but if a CB is the leader of our whole team that is pretty sad and it tells me no one else has stood up. BTW, you want your leaders on the field. As good as Dunta is, he is helpless when we are on offense. Having a leader at the QB position would be nice however that may not happen anytime soon.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #16
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

nothing wrong with a CB leading the team I think. At least in a "cheerleader" kind of way. Obviously he isnt gonna be calling the plays on defense, but that doesnt mean he cant fire people up and keep everyone focused.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Probably win the Rams game.
yeah, because we all know blaming one man for a loss in a team sport is the right thing to do....

I think D.Rob will be one of our defensive superstars over time. His attitude, talent, and work ethic will make him a force to be reckoned with in years to come. We just need the rest of the defense to be effective to make him successful.
Old 01-16-2006   #18
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
I do think that Dunta will turn into Glenn. Glenn was always the one to step up and give the lockeroom speech and I can see Dunta stepping into that role.
Too bad he cannot play QB
Old 01-17-2006   #19
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Drob is from USC so it may have been McNair's pick

Yah Dunta is the man. If he ever leaves this team im gonna get mad at whoever let it happen.
Anyone know who USC's QB is?? Left tackle?? linebacker?? Since Dunta's our superstar why not build our team with Gamecocks instead of all these longhorns I keep hearing about.
Old 01-17-2006   #20
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Edited to nothing.

Last edited by Runner; 01-17-2006 at 12:49 PM.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read