Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-16-2006   #1
adrianshrev
Rookie

Default I was just wondering outloud

i was just wondering outloud what the true needs of the team are...2 ot, c, a number 2 rec, a good backup te, i think if u step back and look the guards r ok just have to be allowed to play not be passive....on defense changing to 4-3, a good dt that is run stopper, a good fast cb, another hitting safety...i think we have a good cast of 4-3 lbs....i think that fa could bring us a good wr many r out there...if we trade down i think we could get a good ol in the 1-2 rounds and find a solid runstopper on d....lets fix both lines and see where we r...what do u think
adrianshrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #2
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianshrev
i was just wondering outloud what the true needs of the team are...2 ot, c, a number 2 rec, a good backup te, i think if u step back and look the guards r ok just have to be allowed to play not be passive....on defense changing to 4-3, a good dt that is run stopper, a good fast cb, another hitting safety...i think we have a good cast of 4-3 lbs....i think that fa could bring us a good wr many r out there...if we trade down i think we could get a good ol in the 1-2 rounds and find a solid runstopper on d....lets fix both lines and see where we r...what do u think
Offensive line, tight end, safety, and defensive line off the top of my head.
Old 01-16-2006   #3
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

I think the one thing this team doesnt have a glaring need for is a run stuffing defensive tackle. Seth Payne is very good against the run. Robaire Smith would be a DT in the 4-3 and has the size and strength to play the run well. Travis Johnson will line up as a tackle and so would Jerry DeLoach. Gary Walker could fill in at tackle or as a run stopping defensive end. Same can be said for Cory Sears. So yeah.. I see no need to draft a defensive tackle in the upcomming draft.
Old 01-16-2006   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Cory Sears?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Cory Sears?
Do we need an emoticon for rhetorical?
Old 01-16-2006   #6
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Cory Sears?
My bad.. I was thinkin of my Madden game I guess... damn not having those rosters updated... we do still have Junior Ioane (sp) right?
Old 01-16-2006   #7
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I do recall Casserly's comment on 610 the other day in response to the question about moving to a 4-3. He said if it happened, there would be a "surplus" in defensive tackles.

I was surprised nobody called, and pinned him down on that.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-16-2006   #8
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Madden is a fun game, but it really is a curse when evaluating NFL talent. My recommendation: Keep the two as separate and distinct as possible, and absolutely never mention "Madden" in a post about a player's skills.
Old 01-16-2006   #9
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Madden is a fun game, but it really is a curse when evaluating NFL talent. My recommendation: Keep the two as separate and distinct as possible, and absolutely never mention "Madden" in a post about a player's skills.
First off.. it wasnt the skills that got me confused.. it was just the rosters. But Madden actually does a pretty solid job of rating players correctly. There's a site that put a Madden sim up against the top sports line picks and Madden got the picks right more than 60% of the time. Right up there with the best of the betters.
Old 01-16-2006   #10
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianshrev

I like the thought process behind this, using the old cliche "the games are won and lost in the trenches". If we upgrade our lines it will translate to an overall improvement of team performance. Although our D-line already has a leg up on the O-line.

So I would say 2 OL, CB, Safety, #2 WR (Reggie Wayne, did you see his performance against PIT?? He was awesome and will be a UFA this year), TE (D. Thomas), and a DT.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read