Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-16-2006   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bob McNair: Bush Pick NOT a Lock

McNair has denied the ESPN report according to JM

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/3589395.html

Someone earlier hit the nail on the head when he said something like the only thing that is guaranteed before the draft is misinformation.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #2
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

i agree, and all they have said is that Bush will be the first pick, if you live outside of Houston thats obvious (the vince young for #1 pick reside in 281/713 dominated area codes)

But all that really says is that we are not crazy and a trade is still an option. Someone trades up to take Bush ....

I think McNair is having a real PR problem at this time he should be keeping the information near zero until a coach is signed. Let Casserly and Reeves evaluate players and prepare for the draft. Enjoy Kubiaks run and hope he makes it to the superbowl becvause that will give us another public relations boost.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #3
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/3589395.html

Someone earlier hit the nail on the head when he said something like the only thing that is guaranteed before the draft is misinformation.

I don't find it too unbelievable that an intermediary of Bush/USC?Pete C/Bush's potential agent contacted an intermediary of the Texans and inquired about the Texans' intentions .... in either case McNair will deny it as will Pete Carroll .... then again maybe none of it happened ...
Old 01-16-2006   #4
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the find. This is just part of the dance called deception. I doubt the Texans even know what they will be doing at this moment.
Old 01-16-2006   #5
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Thanks for the find. This is just part of the dance called deception. I doubt the Texans even know what they will be doing at this moment.
I hope so because it was becoming frustrating at the information being run around. As a GM, owner, etc you just don't lay out your cards like that. Not only that but I'm sure that info had McNair scrambling because they could lose picks for tampering.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #6
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns

Now, let's see . . . that would be the same JM that says they are definately taking Vince Young? .
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #7
BREAZE
Veteran

Let the back pedaling begin. I wonder how many more times we will read, "Texans deny reports from an ESPN article" until 4/29. So far we are 2 for 2 and we are only into mid-Jan.

A Monday morning butt chewing with the PR guys would be a good idea right about now. To reveal your hand this early in the evaluation process is dumb...or was it intentional? The report whether true or not subconsiously confirms a want and worth, essentially raising one's value...
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-16-2006   #8
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BREAZE
A Monday morning butt chewing with the PR guys would be a good idea right about now. To reveal your hand this early in the evaluation process is dumb...or was it intentional?
Of course its intentional, the motive being to convince everyone how badly
you want Reggie and thereby induce an even higher bid for your #1 overall.
Jeez, you wouldn't say something wishy washy like "guess we will keep our
#1 unless another team maybe wants it to take Reggie". Whether or not you
really want Reggie that bad is beside the point. Like the ole man says, they
might get a Godfather offer (or maybe a couple or three).
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #9
BREAZE
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Of course its intentional, the motive being to convince everyone how badly
you want Reggie and thereby induce an even higher bid for your #1 overall.
Jeez, you wouldn't say something wishy washy like "guess we will keep our
#1 unless another team maybe wants it to take Reggie". Whether or not you
really want Reggie that bad is beside the point. Like the ole man says, they
might get a Godfather offer (or maybe a couple or three).
It impacts more than just Bush's stock...values go up for some and down for others...mind games.
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #10
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Exactly. They are not going to "show their cards" about any of this. But they will play the disinformation game like all the rest of the teams do. It's smoke and mirrors. And these "inside sources" that these sports writers have? C'mon!
Old 01-16-2006   #11
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

If I were the Texans, I would find the "leak" (Casserly?), and have him supply info to Mortenson that you want the other teams to hear.
Old 01-16-2006   #12
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
If I were the Texans, I would find the "leak" (Casserly?), and have him supply info to Mortenson that you want the other teams to hear.
How do you know they aren't doing that already?
Old 01-16-2006   #13
LCOOL
Rookie

Quote:
That is why We all have to wait for the draft!
LCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #14
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This type of stuff is Casserly's strong suit. He has a good relationship with the media and is often used a source for "insider" information. Part of the notion (false) that Casserly is/was smart (or least until this year) came from the fact that his buddies in the media never questioned him. Expect all kinds of Texans "leaks" over the next three months.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #15
bdiddy
Veteran

Default Story Is Valid

Pure Speculation, please do not take as absolute true.

The story is true, however, from what I am hearing he told Carroll that if the team keeps the first pick they will draft Bush. Mr. McNair noted that if the right trade presented itself he would not guarantee Bushes selection.

The Texans are quite displeased about this information being leaked because it did not come from them. The leak came from the Broncos organization and it was not Kubiak. That being said McNair is a free man and can change is mind if the right trade possibility presents itself. The team is now in lockdown mode not letting any info out.

Last edited by bdiddy; 01-16-2006 at 10:40 AM.
bdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #16
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Because he's been so criticized for moves, trades, draft picks, etc, and overall blamed for last season's disaster. . . the popular presumption of course, is that Charley is now dumber than a fence post . . . among the fans, that is.

But, in the slightest and remotest chance that other teams are actually buying into that . . . .I can see where he could use that to his advantage.
Old 01-16-2006   #17
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek
Default They Are Chronic Writers, Not Fortune Tellers

Where, out of curiousity, does the notion come into play that the words of the Chronic writers (or any media, for that matter) should be viewed as 100% factual?

These guys will invent a story where one does not exist. That is the fact. One says we are taking Bush, no doubt. Another in the next cube over knows we are going to grab Vince. The same goes for ESPN, for that matter.

This is sensationalistic writing, pure and simple. While it makes you wonder why they don't give the fiction section a try, I would hardly by stock on their tips. Take it with a huge grain of salt and enjoy debating it, sure: but don't try to take it to the bank. You're gonna be disappointed.
Old 01-16-2006   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Exactly. They are not going to "show their cards" about any of this. But they will play the disinformation game like all the rest of the teams do. It's smoke and mirrors. And these "inside sources" that these sports writers have? C'mon!

I sure hope so...... I must admit, I panicked, and went into draft Vince mode, as soon as the Texans said they were going to use the pick to draft Bush.... That just didn't make any sense atol
Old 01-16-2006   #19
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it just me or does anyone else realize the deadline for all eligible underclassman to declare for the 2006 NFL draft was 4:00 est. yesterday. which makes the timing of this disclosure very interesting and telling to say the least that should be all you need to know right there & the Texans now have both the top talents available for their choosing which both happen to be underclassman
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #20
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

This is a message from McNair to Texan fans...

(i.e.)

"I hear you loud and clear"

Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read