Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-15-2006   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Lightbulb THE NFL DRAFT 7 Round Texans Mock.

Trade with NY at #4, for their 2nd round pick this year, and 1st pick next year.

Round1 #4:
Name: Mario Williams
Position: DE
Height: 6-6
Weight: 285
School: North Carolina State

Round2 #32:
Name: Winston Justice
Position: OT
Height: 6-5
Weight: 300
School: Southern California

Round2 #35:
Name: Darnell Bing
Position: SS
Height: 6-2
Weight: 220

Round3 #65:
Name: Davin Joseph
Position: OG
Height: 6-3
Weight: 315
School: Oklahoma

Round3 #66:
Name: Anwar Phillips
Position: CB
Height: 6-1
Weight: 182
School: Penn St.

Round4 #97:
Name: David Thomas
Position: TE
Weight: 245
School: Texas

Round5 #129:
Name: Paul Pinegar
Position: QB
Height: 6-4
Weight: 230
School: Fresno St.

Round6 #161:
Name: Wendell Mathis
Position: RB
Height: 5-10
Weight: 195
School: Fresno State

Round7 #193:
Name: Pierre Woods
Position: OLB
Weight: 247
School: Michigan

Cheers.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #2
texman8
Veteran

Good mock....the more I think about it,trade down makes more sense for Texans. I would ask more for #1 pick.....switch firsts, extra 2nd and 4th this year and extra 2nd in 2007. Love Mario in first, Justice,Ok.....don't care for Bing in 2nd ( he didn't look that good in Rose Bowl) a real good MLB for our 4-3 defense,instead.....I like Barrick Nealy as a QB prospect instead of Pinegar ( we don't want 2 QBs from Fresno State,do we? )
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #3
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I definitely like the overall idea, although I don't think Davin Joseph will fall to the 2nd round. Some people lately are putting Eric Winston all the way down into the 2nd round, so if he falls that far I'd definitely pick him up there, but I still don't see him dropping that much, but I do think your plan will help the team a lot.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #4
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Good job, but the 32 pick is the last pick in the first round and Winston Justice has become a first round pick.
Old 01-17-2006   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
Good job, but the 32 pick is the last pick in the first round and Winston Justice has become a first round pick.
Alright, give me Daryn Colledge from Boise St.

Ill take him any day, after the game he had with Kiwi.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #6
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NFL DRAFT
Trade with NY at #4, for their 2nd round pick this year, and 1st pick next year.

Round1 #4:
Name: Mario Williams
Position: DE
Height: 6-6
Weight: 285
School: North Carolina State

Round2 #32:
Name: Winston Justice
Position: OT
Weight: 300

Round2 #35:
Name: Darnell Bing
Position: SS
Height: 6-2
Weight: 220

Round3 #65:
Name: Davin Joseph
Position: OG
Weight: 315
School: Oklahoma

Round3 #66:
Name: Anwar Phillips
Position: CB
Height: 6-1
Weight: 182
School: Penn St.

Round4 #97:
Name: David Thomas
Position: TE
Weight: 245
School: Texas

Round5 #129:
Name: Paul Pinegar
Position: QB
Height: 6-4
Weight: 230
School: Fresno St.

Round6 #161:
Name: Wendell Mathis
Position: RB
Height: 5-10
Weight: 195
School: Fresno State

Round7 #193:
Name: Pierre Woods
Position: OLB
Weight: 247
School: Michigan

Cheers.

Good effort.
I think we should get the jets third rounder this year as well, but maybe I am just too greedy. I really am not sure Jospeh hangs out until the third round. I had him going late in the first round. Also, do we really need another rb? We already have DD, Hollings, Wells, and Morency. Maybe a position where we are weak like CB would be a better idea. I like your David Thomas pick. As a fourth rounder he'd be a steal and the MATHIS of this draft.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #7
Eyeguy
Veteran

A trade between Texans and Jets for 1st round picks should bring Texans Jets '06 2nd,3rd and '07 1st.

Value of # 1 = 3000pts
Value of #4 = 1800pts

1200pts =
#1 (equal to '06 #49)

Trade Jets #68 to intrested team for '07 2nd rounder.

This gives Texans:
(2) 1st round picks
(2) 2nd round picks

If done properly 9 young starters. Major impact for new head coach.
Eyeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-17-2006   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeguy
A trade between Texans and Jets for 1st round picks should bring Texans Jets '06 2nd,3rd and '07 1st.

Value of # 1 = 3000pts
Value of #4 = 1800pts

1200pts =
#1 (equal to '06 #49)

Trade Jets #68 to intrested team for '07 2nd rounder.

This gives Texans:
(2) 1st round picks
(2) 2nd round picks

If done properly 9 young starters. Major impact for new head coach.
Good research. I would, however, sacrafice a pick or two for Abraham. He would put them over the cap I believe, so that is a a very realistic posibility.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read