Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2006   #1
texan61
Rookie

Default New Dream o-line

I want your imput on who you think our dream line will be next year.
texan61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

LT: Orlando Pace backed up by Walter Jones
LG: Steve Hutchison backed up by Alan Faneca
C: Olin Kreutz backed up by Jeff Saturday
RG: Will Shields backed up by Larry Alan
RT: Willie Roaf backed up by Seth Wand. Haha just kidding
Old 01-15-2006   #3
texan61
Rookie

How about you be realistic.
Old 01-15-2006   #4
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

it was a dream oline, correct?
Old 01-15-2006   #5
texan61
Rookie

Yes, but be realistic.
Old 01-15-2006   #6
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

LT Ferguson
LG Pitts
C Bently
RG Hutchinson
RT Marcus McNeil

This would be nice. And realistic.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #7
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

LT- d'brick
LG- hutchinson(FA from the seahawks)
C-bentley(FA from the saints)
RG-jean-gilles
RT-Pitts

Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-15-2006   #8
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Pitts, Giles, Bently, Luitu, Wiegert/Wade
And a new freaking TE.
I would also look for a new RT in next years draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #9
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
Pitts, Giles, Bently, Luitu, Wiegert/Wade
And a new freaking TE.
I would also look for a new RT in next years draft.
Did you read my mind or what? I was looking on how to spell Lutui, when your post appeared.

Personally, I think it is very realistic for next year.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #10
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man
Did you read my mind or what? I was looking on how to spell Lutui, when your post appeared.

Personally, I think it is very realistic for next year.
I guess I should have checked my spelling first to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.

Last edited by Bubbajwp; 01-15-2006 at 08:44 PM.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #11
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Pitts Wiegert Bentley Joseph Colledge
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #12
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

LT = Daryn Colledge
LG = Chester Pitts
C = LeCharles Bentley
RG = Zach Zeigert
RT = Todd Wade
Old 01-15-2006   #13
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected

as much as we saw out of pitts at guard, i dont think we see him return to that position. he will remain a tackle, whether it be on the left or right side
Old 01-15-2006   #14
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdude730
as much as we saw out of pitts at guard, i dont think we see him return to that position. he will remain a tackle, whether it be on the left or right side
I dont know about that. He is a good Tackle, i will admit, but he is an even better guard. He doesn't have the footwork to succeed consistently at Tackle, and will thus get a lot of false start and holding penalties. He has the presence to really excel at guard if the tackle next to him could hold his own
Old 01-15-2006   #15
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

actually i saw it the opposite in that he didnt really have the footwork to be a great guard. when ive seen him he works much better out in the open and gets the passrusher to the outside. it my dream scenario he handles this position another year while we groom a future LT at RT. then they switch the following season. when there are alot of penalties on a player sometimes you have to look at coaching and that is how i saw pitts situation.

we will just have to wait to see what coach k will decide on pitts.
Old 01-15-2006   #16
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

LT- d'brick
LG- Weigert
C- Hodgen
RG-Lutui
RT-Pitts
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #17
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
He has the presence to really excel at guard if the tackle next to him could hold his own
Last year Pitts did not have the responsibility to help double team the LT's man. He didn't have that the first 4 games of this season either. Therefore LT play did little to impact Pitts directly - he was free to concentrate on his own man while at guard.

The use of the LG to help the LT was implemented the second game after Brown was moved to guard and Pitts to tackle. In the first (Seattle) game he got a lot of help from the TE (effective when it was Breuner, ineffective when it was Rivers).

This is not to knock Pitts - he's a good lineman. He was embarrassed/PO'd himself by the amount of help the coaches gave him against Seattle. This is just another mystery of the Texans coaching staff - they didn't double team to help Wand or Riley, even against the Freeneys of the league, but they did help Pitts against many lesser ends. It makes no sense. Had they done the double team schemes earlier, last year and therefore this year may have turned out differently. If Milford Brown could do it, Pitts certainly would do it better and the line would have been stronger on the left side last year and this.

Last edited by Runner; 01-15-2006 at 09:59 PM.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #18
GoBlue
Rookie

With Bush:

LT-Pitts
LG-McKinney
C-Hodgon
RG-Jean-Gilles
RT-Weigert

I think Bush (and Kubiak) would make these guys look formidable

Without Bush:
LT- Ferguson
LG- Pitts
C- Bentley
RG-Jean-Gilles
RT- Weigert

Signing a franchise LT costs less than Bush freeing up more $ to sign free agents (Bentley)

Honestly, I'd be more excited about the first scenario (with Bush)
Old 01-16-2006   #19
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
LT-Pitts
LG-Huthcinson
C-Bentley
RG-?SOMEBODY GOOD
RT-Wiegert
I am good with that as I think FA will be provide the short term results that we need, but we do need to go back to the draft and start infusing this line with some fresh bodies. The direction of the line should be Kubiak's first project, in my opinion, after Carr's contract is settled.
Old 01-16-2006   #20
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue
With Bush:

LT-Pitts
LG-McKinney
C-Hodgon
RG-Jean-Gilles
RT-Weigert

I think Bush (and Kubiak) would make these guys look formidable

Without Bush:
LT- Ferguson
LG- Pitts
C- Bentley
RG-Jean-Gilles
RT- Weigert

Signing a franchise LT costs less than Bush freeing up more $ to sign free agents (Bentley)

Honestly, I'd be more excited about the first scenario (with Bush)
Why would we keep Wiegert at RT and move Pitts back to LG in your second scenario? You should switch those two.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read