Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2006   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78862 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Anyone ever hear Carr dog the offensive line?

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here, but we had some protection problems today."

- Peyton Manning -

What a jerk!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #2
AstroTexan
Rookie

Seriously, thats an SB move on his part... You know if they win you dont hear that, and he isnt going to say well maybe I shouldnt have been picked off so many times. Really bad move on his part, I wish they had another game so they could let him get hit a few times and make him apologize on the field
AstroTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #3
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here, but we had some protection problems today."

Well he's not trying very hard...
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #4
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I did not see a link or hear the interview, but it could have been scheme or the line.
Old 01-15-2006   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Payton's problem is because he didn't have Reggie Bush

OK!! bad joke!!!
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #6
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

"That's as hopeless as I've felt in the pocket"

- David Carr
(post game comments after Week 1, 2005 at Buffalo)
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #7
jetdoc
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
but it could have been scheme or the line.
Knowing how Peyton generally handles things, I'd say that's EXACTLY what he was meaning. Maybe it didn't come across like that but if you watched the game, they DID have some blocking scheme problems. Pittsburgh was bringing alot more men than they had blockers. Peyton was running for his life most of the day.
jetdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-15-2006   #8
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

sounds like he's not a very good leader, isn't a winner, needs a haircut, ....
Old 01-15-2006   #9
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78862 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I did not see a link or hear the interview, but it could have been scheme or the line.
It was on Fox at halftime, and it doesn't matter whether it was 'scheme or the line'. He played like David Carr out there today.

Oh wait a sec . . .

Did somebody say at one time that even Peyton Manning would suck behind this offensive line?

But like I said, Manning needed to man up and shut up. What he said today will definately come back to haunt him.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetdoc
Knowing how Peyton generally handles things, I'd say that's EXACTLY what he was meaning. Maybe it didn't come across like that but if you watched the game, they DID have some blocking scheme problems. Pittsburgh was bringing alot more men than they had blockers. Peyton was running for his life most of the day.

Until late in the game when the Steelers started sending only 3 and dropping 8 .... thats when the Indy offense came alive . If ya ask me they should have stuck to what they had been successful with all day .... Hitting Manning in the mouth every chance they got .

The only thing a prevent defense does is prevent you from winning . (I was begining to think I was watching a Texans / Colts game there at the end.... but then I remembered that this was the play-offs ):brickwall

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
But like I said, Manning needed to man up and shut up. What he said today will definately come back to haunt him.
Why, is Indy picking Vince? Dang, that's a surprise.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
- Peyton Manning -
What a jerk!
I think that's a fair observation. For 4 years Carr has gotten beat to a pulp,
yet I've never seen a report of him complaining about his OL, which as we
know have let him down many, many Sundays. Manning gets a little taste of what Carr has been going thru all this time, and he immediately points his finger at his OL. If one of the traits of leadership is bearing the burden while
not blaming others, Carr is a far better leader in this instance than Manning.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #13
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetdoc
. Peyton was running for his life most of the day.
Man, I didn't see Peyton Manning run anywhere. He messed up too and he shouldn't have put his line on blast to the media like that. Face it, he can't win the games that matter.
Old 01-15-2006   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
I think that's a fair observation. For 4 years Carr has gotten beat to a pulp,
yet I've never seen a report of him complaining about his OL, which as we
know have let him down many, many Sundays. Manning gets a little taste of what Carr has been going thru all this time, and he immediately points his finger at his OL. If one of the traits of leadership is bearing the burden while
not blaming others, Carr is a far better leader in this instance than Manning.
Two time league MVP vs. 15 wins in four years? I'll take the loser and his leadership all day.
Old 01-15-2006   #15
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

"We had him confused. He was arguing with his offensive linemen. It's always a good sign for the defense when the quarterback's yelling at his teammates."

- Joey Porter on David Carr following Week 2, 2005
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #16
GoBlue
Rookie

Default David as a leader

Accepting responsibility for losing when you're the QB is part of being a leader. I'd like to see how Vince feels after his first 3 game losing streak after getting creamed by safeties all day long. We know where Carr stands when it comes to adversity.
GoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #17
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Two time league MVP vs. 15 wins in four years? I'll take the loser and his leadership all day.
And I think that's the irony of it, the league MVP blaming his teammates for the teams failure. Not to classy and not the stuff of leadership.
Old 01-15-2006   #18
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I found a shot of Peyton from the press conference.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #19
LCOOL
Rookie

Quote:

- Peyton Manning -

What a jerk!
That why Terry Brandshaw said today that manning must be a winner and a loser. Peyton needs to learn how to advance in the playoffs and not choke, and not say dumb comments like the one one he said about his OL.
LCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #20
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NFL DRAFT

I found a shot of Peyton from the press conference.
I love it, keep those Peyton pictures coming.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read