Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-15-2006   #1
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Default This Board Is Great

You saw another team (a division rival) lose, and you aren't going crazy and dancing in the streets like other boards are. Of course, you have a few folks posting their painfully original pictures about choking, but for the most part, you are being classy fans who don't let another teams failures consume you.

That's why I like this MB, and why I respect your team.
Old 01-15-2006   #2
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngstown Colt
You saw another team (a division rival) lose, and you aren't going crazy and dancing in the streets like other boards are. Of course, you have a few folks posting their painfully original pictures about choking, but for the most part, you are being classy fans who don't let another teams failures consume you.

What other boards have you seen get real crazy? I'm guessing it's been the Patriots board. (Steelers get a pass, they won the game)
Old 01-15-2006   #3
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

C'mon you have to expect a little trash talk after that bust of a performance by Manning, etc.
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #4
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I for one want my division opponents to do well so it makes our division better and our schedule tougher.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
I for one want my division opponents to do well so it makes our division better and our schedule tougher.

Good point .... But I dont much care for either the Colts or Steelers .... Been a Steeler Hater for as long as i can recall .....My dislike for the Colts is somewhat new since they have only been in the division w/ the Texans for 4 seasons .

Too bad they someone had to win

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

we will save the talk after we finally beat ya
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Dern ***** kicker. Your guys did not stop playing, got to like the closing effort.
Old 01-15-2006   #8
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I have somewhat liked the Broncos for a while since living there in the mid-80s, although I kind of want Kubiak to hurry up and get here so he can start working on this team. I would probably prefer Carolina/Chicago to beat Seattle next week, but it doesn't matter that much, Chicago/Pittsburgh would make for an exciting Super Bowl in terms of great defense, power running, and a lot of hard hits, but at the moment Carolina doesn't seem to want to let Chicago win.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #9
Snapple
Veteran

This might sound sad, but I think I temporarily forgot that the Colts were even in our division. It seems sometimes like they're in a division of their own, and the Jags, Titans, and Texans seem to be over somewhere else fighting for #2 most of the time.

But wow, what a game that was. I'll say that much. Unforgettable ending.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #10
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
we will save the talk after we finally beat ya
Yeah...we really arent the ones who have the right to make fun of the Colts when we have never beaten y'all.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #11
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I really wanted the Colts to win just because of how much I like Manning (he's a good guy who will not ever get put in the top of the top unless he learns how to win) and because I really like Dungy
Old 01-16-2006   #12
BREAZE
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
I really wanted the Colts to win just because of how much I like Manning (he's a good guy who will not ever get put in the top of the top unless he learns how to win) and because I really like Dungy
I dunno, if I'm a Colt's fan I would think some of his post game comments are rather alarming. Maybe they should start calling him Coach Manning and fire Dungy. Maybe there is a legitamate reason why he has 9 post season losses...2 shy of the record I believe.

"I'll just say, we had some protection issues". Way to be a good sport and call out your line. Well when you suck up so much cap this will happen once you start playing real defenses...get used to it Archie. Barking out those calls as the play clock dwindles to nothing should change and is annoying too...how many false starts did they have on their own turf?

A good leader takes the blame in a lose and credits his team with a win...the trophy is not handed over which is why I love the NFL.
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Qulaity, Intelligent posters like youself should always be welcomed regardless of club affliation. you always come with good insight and football knowledge I respect and enjoy your posts. sorry your team lost that always hurts especially when it seemed everyone expected so much. Seemed to me the weakness of the Colts was exposed on the offensive line, the Steelers used a physical, blitzing style and without establishing the running game allowed them to pin their ears back and keep Manning off time, of course we all know about that with Carr
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #14
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I was whole-heartedly rooting for the Colts. I will say that I am glad that Bettis's fumble didn't cost him the game though. I'd hate to see a guy like that end his career on that play. That said, I will be happy with ANY scenario that doesn't involve the Steelers winning the Super Bowl.

Growing up as an Oiler's fan, I still rank the Steelers as my least favorite team.
Old 01-16-2006   #15
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

That said, I will be happy with ANY scenario that doesn't involve the Steelers winning the Super Bowl.
Amen,brother!
jaayteetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #16
BringItOn
Rookie

Quote:

Nice post, Colt. We sympathize because we know all about choking. NCAA tournaments, NFL, MLB -- you name the sport, Houston has choked in it.
BringItOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006   #17
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
I was whole-heartedly rooting for the Colts. I will say that I am glad that Bettis's fumble didn't cost him the game though. I'd hate to see a guy like that end his career on that play. That said, I will be happy with ANY scenario that doesn't involve the Steelers winning the Super Bowl.

Growing up as an Oiler's fan, I still rank the Steelers as my least favorite team.
I agree with all this. As a matter of fact, I had money on the Colts winning the SuperBowl. As for the Steeler's....looked pretty hungry to me. I thought that they had a great game plan. And exicuted it very well. Officials did a poor job.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read