Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-15-2006   #1
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default NFC Divisional Playoffs: Carolina Panthers @ Chicago Bears

So far, the Bears are looking nervous. It's 7-0 Panthers already after a long TD pass from Delhomme to Smith after a Bears CB slipped and left Smith wide open.

Bears go 3 and out and had a terrible punt...CAR has great field position now.
Old 01-15-2006   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

watching the playoffs have been inspiring to me. It has been a while since I have watched some good defenses going against a good offense.. boy it has been a long season.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #3
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected

Man this message board is going to flip when our boys get in the postseason.
Old 01-15-2006   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody else notice that all the defenses in the playoffs are attacking/swarming types rather than read and react types? Just an observation.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

exactly right about the defenses..

also.. the wheels are spinning in my head watching the Bears.. if the Texans can get a defense .. and tweak the OL.. I can't imagine why we can't make it to the playoffs with Carr at the helm with our weapons.... (like the announcers said Grossman looks overwhelmed)

Bears offense ..yuck!
Old 01-15-2006   #6
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Where is CarrBomb. His claim after the Denver game was that the O coaches were dominating over the decade...besides Bilichek. Looks like the ex D coordinators are facing each other and defenses are winning games. Palimolu(sp?) and guys like that are one man wrecking crews. Too bad I still don't think we have enough O to keep up with a great D.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Speaking of that, the Texans and the Bears both scored the same amount of points this last season. We have the first pick in the draft and they are playing for a spot in the NFC Championship

interesting vinnny..

on another side note.. Berrien playing at WR.. already looks better than what we have been getting out of Bradford..

my opinion is pretty biased being this is the first time I have seen the bears on TV
Sponsored links
Old 01-15-2006   #8
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Knowing Bears fans, this has to be one of the drunkest crowds in NFL history.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Knowing Bears fans, this has to be one of the drunkest crowds in NFL history.
It's the cold man, it's just the cold. Gotta have the anti-freez man. I doubt many will remember much of the second halfe.

De Oppresso Liber
Old 01-15-2006   #10
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 18146 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Although Smith is awesome, I find my self rooting for da' Bears.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #11
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dumb question

But how in the world is Steve Smith ALWAYS wide open when everyone in America knows he is the ONLY offensive threat on the Panthers?
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #12
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

Steve Smith is freaking sick; one man wrecking crew.

Love that guy.
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #13
ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
Dumb question

But how in the world is Steve Smith ALWAYS wide open when everyone in America knows he is the ONLY offensive threat on the Panthers?
I'm trying to figure that one out myself.
Old 01-15-2006   #14
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Carolina is looking real good right now, and I have to say with the way they're playing they are my NFC pick for the Super Bowl. I don't think Chicago has the offense or Seattle has the defense to beat either of the AFC teams left, Carolina is the only team that has a chance, and they're looking great right now. Steve Smith is also having a great playoff run to conclude the great regular season that he had.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #15
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316
I'm trying to figure that one out myself.
It might be his 2.76 40 dash time or his invisibility cloke.
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #16
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Another bad call...it's gonna be panther ball on 20
There has been at least one in every game this weekend. This time at least replay got it right.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

wow..If someone would have told me Carolina would have 29 points against the Bears defense and/or told me the Bears Offense would put up 21 points, I would have laughed esp after the Indy game were Indy only had 18 points.

wow
Old 01-15-2006   #18
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I think Carolina will beat Seattle next week looking at the way the two teams played this weekend, not sure on the Pittsburgh/Denver game, but Carolina and Denver or Pittsburgh would provide a good Super Bowl with a lot of good defense and hard hitting.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #19
edo783
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
wow..If someone would have told me Carolina would have 29 points against the Bears defense and/or told me the Bears Offense would put up 21 points, I would have laughed esp after the Indy game were Indy only had 18 points.

wow
Yeah, no kidding. Who saw that coming. I know I didn't. Wonder how that affected the wise guys in vegas. Usually they win no matter what, but those were some strange games and scores. They might have got caught on the wrong side of a number.

De Oppresso Liber

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read