Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2006   #1
Daonly
Veteran

Default Davis won't reach all of his incentives

OK Davis sign a new contract that is worth around 21 million let me repeat it's (Worth) 21 million; That's with incentives included. People now all clamoring because they think with Bush coming on aboard (which was just reported again on ESPN that Pete Carroll got Mc Nair's word that if Bush comes out that he would be in fact the Texans #1 overall first pick in the draft). That we can't afford both Davis, and Bush.

Davis contract is loaded with incentives. How many Carries, Overall yards a year,Touchdowns,game starts, games played, probowl,make playoffs, etc., etc.Now with Bush coming abroad it makes Davis contract even much more affordable because with Bush Splitting the load and may eventually start.

Davis is not going to reach most of his incetives;which is a win win for the Texans and not Davis and his camp. It could turn out to be like the Travis Henry Fiasco in Buffalo when he ask for a trade after seeing his check and what it use to be.
Daonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #2
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

I keep getting this feeling like we are going to draft Bush, but then we are going to trade him away for some serious picks. Either that, or we draft Bush, trade DD for some D. We have to fix our D, because I don't even care anymore who our RB is. DD nor Bush can stop the other teams RB from running all over us.
Old 01-15-2006   #3
Daonly
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
I keep getting this feeling like we are going to draft Bush, but then we are going to trade him away for some serious picks. Either that, or we draft Bush, trade DD for some D. We have to fix our D, because I don't even care anymore who our RB is. DD nor Bush can stop the other teams RB from running all over us.
Yeah what im thinking is the Texans going to take Bush, then with the 33rd overll trade back to the mid second round and pick up a late 3rd round pick; I feel will move to the 4-3 and put Babin back to his natural position, which would be like drafting a DE; then drafting a LB with one of our 3rd round picks, Sims, or Roach from Alabama.I feel like we going to keep Davis this year. but it would be nice to say trade him take the hit, then Bring on Eddie George abck to the league and have him be the inside guy and Bush the outside guy.
Daonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #4
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daonly
Yeah what im thinking is the Texans going to take Bush, then with the 33rd overll trade back to the mid second round and pick up a late 3rd round pick; I feel will move to the 4-3 and put Babin back to his natural position, which would be like drafting a DE; then drafting a LB with one of our 3rd round picks, Sims, or Roach from Alabama.I feel like we going to keep Davis this year. but it would be nice to say trade him take the hit, then Bring on Eddie George abck to the league and have him be the inside guy and Bush the outside guy.
It is so amazing how almost no one stays in line with the topic in each thread. That is so besides the point, even though it is true.
Does anyone have the exact numbers, including value of the incentives, for Davis' contract?
Old 01-15-2006   #5
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daonly
I like Roach...that guy's a stud. He'd be great mid-round pick up.
Old 01-15-2006   #6
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
I like Roach...that guy's a stud. He'd be great mid-round pick up.
You did the same thing, stay on line with this thread, your ruining it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read