Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2006   #1
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP
Default Randy McIlvoy: Texans on Carr

Quote:
What I'm hearing from the Texans is - David Carr does not have the fire in the belly to lead a football team
This was from the Houston Sports Beat on FSN earlier this week. There was plenty of other discussion with him, Matt Jackson from Sportradio 610, and John Lopez of the Chronicle.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #2
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip
This was from the Houston Sports Beat on FSN earlier this week. There was plenty of other discussion with him, Matt Jackson from Sportradio 610, and John Lopez of the Chronicle, but I think that's the only thing said in the round table that wasn't an opinion.
That statement isn't opinion?
Old 01-15-2006   #3
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
That statement isn't opinion?
I edited before you said something - I meant the only thing said that wasn't the opinion of one of the reporters.
Old 01-15-2006   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know about that.. The whole team took on Capers persona and we got to see what happened if you opened your mouth and somehow the media got ahold of it.. You got deactivated .. now if that doesn't shut someone up, I don't know what would .
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #5
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

OK. So it was player's opinion if the reporters got the story right. Interesting.
Old 01-15-2006   #6
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Quote:
OK. So it was player's opinion if the reporters got the story right. Interesting.
Huh?
Old 01-15-2006   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Huh?
I guess I don't get your post. If it wasn't the reporters opinion they got it from somebody. I'm assuming by what you said they said other players said it.

Unless they shoved a scope down Carr's throat and didn't see any fire there of course.

It's not that big a deal to me. I'll move on.
Old 01-15-2006   #8
Tulip
Hall of Fame

I was just giving my excuse for not transcribing more of the discussion, Runner.

And I don't know how you got that this came from the players. I mean it could have, but there's nothing evident in the statement itself. It could have come from the players, the front office, or both. It's more likely that one would infer the front office over the players anyway.
Old 01-15-2006   #9
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Probably something Gary Walker said...that's all he does his run his mouth while watching games from the sidelines because he can' stay healthy.

(but he WAS a beast when healthy this year)
Old 01-15-2006   #10
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
I was just giving my excuse for not transcribing more of the discussion, Runner.

And I don't know how you got that this came from the players. I mean it could have, but there's nothing evident in the statement itself. It could have come from the players, the front office, or both. It's more likely that one would infer the front office over the players anyway.
Good. I feel better about it since my assumption was baseless.
Old 01-15-2006   #11
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Quote:
Unless they shoved a scope down Carr's throat and didn't see any fire there of course.
That procedure can't be done unless player is under contract per union rules!

DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #12
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Carr has plenty of fire....after he throws a TD and runs down the field like he just won the super bowl.

This is nothing new to me, glad to see the Texans see it. Losses never get to him like they should. He acts like it is no big deal and then worries about next week.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #13
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

This is just me, but I don't want my QB crying about every loss. I want him to get it out of his mind, and then work to fix the mistakes they made, go out next week and try and win. And just because we don't see him upset on TV and stuff doesn't mean a loss hasn't affected him. Everybody player deals with loss his own way. Wasn't this already thread before?
Old 01-15-2006   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Carr has plenty of fire....after he throws a TD and runs down the field like he just won the super bowl.

This is nothing new to me, glad to see the Texans see it. Losses never get to him like they should. He acts like it is no big deal and then worries about next week.

I agree with that statement.. ,but I wonder if the demeanor is because of that is how Capers expressed it.. I am not dogging on Capers but I got tired of the ole.. "we played hard but didn't execute in phases of the game" speach we got on the post game quotes.

Who knows, behind closed doors Capers might have shown alittle more fire (and know I don't want a Bill Cowher but a demeanor somewhere in between of Cowher and Capers would be nice)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #15
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
...a demeanor somewhere in between of Cowher and Capers would be nice)
True, true.
Old 01-15-2006   #16
Erratic Assassin
All Pro

Rep Power: 13 Erratic Assassin was voted MVPErratic Assassin was voted MVPErratic Assassin was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
. Losses never get to him like they should. He acts like it is no big deal and then worries about next week.
Tom Brady just got eliminated from the playoffs last night. I didn't see him getting bent out of shape. Does that mean he's a bad QB?
Erratic Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic Assassin
Tom Brady just got eliminated from the playoffs last night. I didn't see him getting bent out of shape. Does that mean he's a bad QB?
Tom Brady isn't a very good example really...I've read where he will refuse to shake hands with the opponent in some losses he gets so angry. He's much more of a fiery competitor than David Carr is. Carr was downright giddy after we lost the 49'ers when I saw him on some locker room footage after we lost to the worst team in football not named the Houston Texans. Everyone around him were hanging their heads and he was smiling, laughing and talking about Reggie Bush..

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #18
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Everyone around him were hanging their heads and he was smiling, laughing and talking about Reggie Bush..
Where did you see this?

I have never seen him "laugh" or be jovial after a loss.
Old 01-15-2006   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr
Where did you see this?

I have never seen him "laugh" or be jovial after a loss.
TV interview footage. He was very lighthearted. It's not a damning moment but the thread is about being a fiery leader and I've seen enough to agree that he isn't an ideal leader at a leadership position....this was just one of many moments in my mind. Not a big deal by itself, but when combined with other moments I don't feel he is 'all that' in this area.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #20
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
.. The whole team took on Capers persona and we got to see what happened if you opened your mouth ...
Was that an accidental funny, or did you mean to do it?
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read