Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2006   #1
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730
Default Dennison, Marinelli on wish list

Quote:
GARY Kubiak will get off to a blazing start as Texans coach if he is able to hire Broncos offensive line coach Rick Dennison as his offensive coordinator/offensive line coach and Buccaneers defensive line coach Rod Marinelli as his defensive coordinator.
Chron

well i dont know enough about him to really comment, so....any comments?
Old 01-15-2006   #2
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

that..to me.. screams 4-3.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #3
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdude730
Chron

well i dont know enough about him to really comment, so....any comments?
LINK

Marinelli, who has coached on the collegiate and pro level for the last 29 seasons, has directed one of the most productive defensive lines in the NFL. Tampa Bay has racked up 236 sacks over the last six NFL seasons (1999-2004) and Marinelliís unit helped set an NFL record as the Buccaneers defense posted a sack in 69 consecutive games from 1999-2003. During Marinelliís nine-year tenure in Tampa Bay, a Buccaneer defensive lineman has ranked in the top 15 in sacks in the NFL on seven occasions and in the top 10 five times.

Marinelliís line was again up to the task last season, pacing a defense that finished fifth in the NFL in total defense and first in pass defense. The Buccaneers 2004 season sack total of 45 ranked tied for second in the NFL and was the second highest total in team history behind the 55 sacks recorded by the Buccaneers defense in 2000. Most impressively, the Buccaneers led the NFL in sacks per pass play, recording one sack every 10.7 pass plays in 2004. The dominance of Marinelliís defensive line is illustrated by the fact that the top six sack totals in Buccaneers history have all occurred during his tenure.

In Marinelliís nine years on the job, the Buccaneers have recorded 380 sacks, with 303.5 coming courtesy of his defensive line. The following is a breakdown of total sacks and sacks by the defensive line the past nine seasons.

The 303.5 sacks registered by Marinelliís line rank first in the NFL among all defensive lines the past nine seasons (1996-2004). Additionally, the Bucs defensive front four have ranked in the top five in the NFL in sacks in six of the nine seasons under Marinelli.
Old 01-15-2006   #4
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected

i know thats the obvious but i just dont want to think it. some players have been calling out to make that switch to a 4-3 but we have been building for the 3-4 when run correctly is an excellent defense.

at least carr will learn how to read a cover 2 now...being that he may go against it often
Old 01-15-2006   #5
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

i actually have that website open on my tab but my brain says it doesnt want to read through that whole article on him. one tidbit i did like was this:

Quote:
One of the game’s most innovative instructors on the finer points of technique, leverage and balance
Old 01-15-2006   #6
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdude730
i know thats the obvious but i just dont want to think it. some players have been calling out to make that switch to a 4-3 but we have been building for the 3-4 when run correctly is an excellent defense.

at least carr will learn how to read a cover 2 now...being that he may go against it often
I agree when you have the right personnel and defensive coordinator the 3-4 is a good defense. The problem is we have been bringing in players from 4-3 defenses and trying to plug them into our 3-4 defense, players like Babin and Wong were brought in from 4-3 defenses. I am sure there are more that came from the 4-3 defense, those are the only two I can think of off the top of my head right now though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read