Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-14-2006   #1
NWTexan Fan
Rookie

Default Seahawks move on!

Yes I'm a Texan fan...but not far behind that I'm also a Seahawk fan too. Hell, I live in Seattle for crissakes! (oh...sorry, moderator - I hope using H-E-double hockey sticks isn't in violation of anything)

Seattle continues despite not having Alexander...it's their year.
NWTexan Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #2
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Seahawks without question the most overrated team in NFL this year !
They'd be 'bout .500 in any AFC Division.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #3
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Congrats to your team!
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #4
NWTexan Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Seahawks without question the most overrated team in NFL this year !
They'd be 'bout .500 in any AFC Division.
Oh Cmon!!!! I would agree that we are in the worst division ever since the beginning of time but what would you say about a team that just keeps winning and winning? They have fallen short many times before but it's obvious the team is mature and ready to take it to the next level because they win no matter what happens!

Like todays game....no MVP? Hell, we'll win anyway!

Yeah, over rated....if I was an immature sports fan I would put a neg comment on your post! Ha...jk man! People do that to me and I just scratch my head.

What would it take to convince you Seattle isn't over rated? 13-3 record? Oh...that's been done. Winning a playoff game? Oh...that's been done. How about winning the conference championship? Still over rated? Super Bowl? Over rated?
Old 01-14-2006   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Whats a AFC division? Anyways the seahawks defense is underated along with Hasselbeck. I don't know who will win, either the Broncos, Colts, or the Seahawks.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #6
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
Whats a AFC division? Anyways the seahawks defense is underated along with Hasselbeck. I don't know who will win, either the Broncos, Colts, or the Seahawks.
You have a 75% chance of being right, lol.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
You have a 75% chance of being right, lol.
Yep, maybe I should be a espn analyist, I'm covering my ..... on all fronts
Sponsored links
Old 01-22-2006   #8
NWTexan Fan
Rookie

Default Hey nunusguy!

Yeah you....if the Seahawks keep on putting a hurt on Carolina and go to the Superbowl are they still a .500 team? Would LOVE to know your opinion!
Old 01-22-2006   #9
txlonghorn14
Rookie

washington state should be exiled into the pacific. if seattle advances to the super bowl, they're gonna get smoked.
Old 01-22-2006   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

I stated a week ago in this same thread that Hasselbeck and the Seattle defense were underated and so far I'm right. The Seahawks play in a crappy division, but that doesn't mean are a bad team. They have a great lb core.
Old 01-22-2006   #11
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Good for Seattle. It would be the first for that franchise. More than I can say for Houston Oilers/Texans. Hopefully the Texans can get there before any of the other teams that have never been and soon.
Old 01-22-2006   #12
NWTexan Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by txlonghorn14
washington state should be exiled into the pacific. if seattle advances to the super bowl, they're gonna get smoked.
I'm going to have to remember this post...ha ha ha!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2006   #13
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 62 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
WTH? What is with bashing Washington State? It is my home, I live in TX but WA is my home.

Congrats on the win, NWTexan fan! I am hoping for a first SB win in franchise history for y'all. This should make my dad happy, he has been a 'Hawk fan for 30 years.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006   #14
Chawky1
Veteran

Quote:
If they can handle the Steeler blitz packages they can win this game. It all comes down to blitz recognition and pick-up for the Seattle O-line. Handle the blitz = win. WOOOOT!
Chawky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006   #15
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Congratulations Chawky...well done.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006   #16
bigkyle
Rookie

I think that it is pretty funny that Seattle is the "Home of the 12th Man" and that they have a "Ring of Honor". It seems to me that they so want to live in the state of Texas. Come on get some original tradition.
bigkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006   #17
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkyle
I think that it is pretty funny that Seattle is the "Home of the 12th Man" and that they have a "Ring of Honor". It seems to me that they so want to live in the state of Texas. Come on get some original tradition.

It's just marketing. And working.

Every TV commentator makes note of the noise in that stadium and I believe they lead the league in false starts by other teams.

Give them credit. They are totally supportive...loudly supportive...of their team.
Old 01-23-2006   #18
Chawky1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Congratulations Chawky...well done.
Thanks WWJD, it is a wierd feeling after growing accoustomed to losing for my 25 years of having been a fan. I think I am more in shock than anything else, especially at how they annihilated Carolina, they just flat out whipped them.
Chawky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006   #19
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Yea you know Carolina is a weird team...they have the ability to beat anybody but on offense they seem to be kind of one dimensional at times (even though that one diminision is a MVP type player).

The Seahawks play very tough defense and they don't ever seem to get really behind by much and if they are they do not panic. They play smart. They're well coached. Great home field advantage.

I do expect though that the SB will be mainly Steeler fans because they have a Nebraska-like following...fans that will travel and do.....

Anyway you've been loyal to the Seahawks and a friend on this board. I hope you enjoy the ride!
Old 01-23-2006   #20
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Carolina had practically NO running game, and the Seahawks knew that going into the game. It gave them more weapons to cover and shut down Steve Smith. Seattle owes that win to the defense, and superb coaching. JMO!

BTW: Good luck to the Hawks on Feb 5th. I hope they win the big show!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read