Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-14-2006   #1
Danish Texan
Rookie

Default Carr asked to be released?

Hi

I just heard that David Carr should have asked to be released of his contract, but that the management almost certainly will pay him the 8 million option.

DO any of you know whether this is true, and what do you think of it?
Danish Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #2
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

sounds like a rumor. Nothing of that sort has been heard.

Management has definatly leaned towards paying him the money and keeping him 3 more years.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #3
zeplin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish Texan
Hi

I just heard that David Carr should have asked to be released of his contract, but that the management almost certainly will pay him the 8 million option.

Do you mean did ask or should ask. I am confused.
Old 01-14-2006   #4
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Hi

Where did you hear that? .....maybe at a UT Alumni BBQ?

Considering he is the starting QB for the Texans, is getting an extention, and is probably our QB of the future I don't see why he would do that.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #5
zeplin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
sounds like a rumor. Nothing of that sort has been heard.

Management has definatly leaned towards paying him the money and keeping him 3 more years.

This was the same thing I heard. McNairr loves him. Sorry VY.
Old 01-14-2006   #6
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Hi

Where did you hear this?
Old 01-14-2006   #7
bigTEXan8
All Pro

I think someone from the "I HAVE A MAN-CRUSH ON VY" fan club may have started it.
Old 01-14-2006   #8
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would they give this guy $8 million dollars? If they don't want Young they better start looking for another QB that will be able to read defenses, not lock onto to one receiver all the way down the field, and take a sack at the first sign of pressure.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #9
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Management has definitely leaned towards paying him the money and keeping him 3 more years.
which would explain why they haven't done so YET

the contract is already written and it is simply a matter of the Texans organization sitting down with Carr and everyone signing on the dotted line, yet for some reason it hasn't happened YET, even though it very well COULD have already been done. Yeah, that DEFINITELY says they are committed to Carr............NOT.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #10
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
Why would they give this guy $8 million dollars? If they don't want Young they better start looking for another QB that will be able to read defenses, not lock onto to one receiver all the way down the field, and take a sack at the first sign of pressure.
They haven't given him anything else in the past four years, maybe they should start with the 8 mil. And when the play-calling is, "Look for _X_, and if he's defended, then dump it off," what is he supposed to do? Throw it to Gaffney when he isn't looking, throw it to Bradord, AJ, who have a better chance of dropping it rather than catching it? Jeez.
Old 01-14-2006   #11
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
They haven't given him anything else in the past four years, .
Actually, they have paid him $21.75 million dollars since he's been here. In real money.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #12
Mario Williams
Rookie

I smell BS... and it smells rather nasty.
Old 01-14-2006   #13
Danish Texan
Rookie

Hi again

It was the leading NFL source in Denmark, a site called DraftDay which told the rumor Carr had asked to be released of his contract, but the management most likely would keep him.

I don't know where they heard it, but I'll try to find out.
Danish Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #14
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Hi again

It was the leading NFL source in Denmark, a site called DraftDay which told the rumor Carr had asked to be released of his contract, but the management most likely would keep him.

I haven't heard anything. I don't think it's true, because I can't imagine why David would want out at this point.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #15
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hi again

1. If that was true, it would probably be all over the news by now.
2. If that was true, I have no idea why our front office would want to keep a player here who doesn't want to be here and then pay him millions to be here.
3. If that was true, I have a feeling our front office would tell Carr to have a nice life and draft Young with the 1st pick.
Old 01-14-2006   #16
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
1. If that was true, it would probably be all over the news by now.
2. If that was true, I have no idea why our front office would want to keep a player here who doesn't want to be here and then pay him millions to be here.
3. If that was true, I have a feeling our front office would tell Carr to have a nice life and draft Young with the 1st pick.
Agreed.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #17
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Actually, they have paid him $21.75 million dollars since he's been here. In real money.
I'm talking about on the field. That 21.75 million went to his physical therapy after getting his butt handed to him for four years.
Old 01-14-2006   #18
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm talking about on the field. That 21.75 million went to his physical therapy after getting his butt handed to him for four years.
if he would learn how to play football at the NFL level of play he wouldn't get his butt handed to him.

I actually hope this rumor is true, but I haven't heard anything about it at all over here DanishTexan.

I would think that it would be a win-win situation for all concerned actually. Carr moves on and the Texans get a QB who is actually capable of running an NFL offense. Well, win-win for everyone other than the next Head Coach/ Offensive Coordinator who is dumb enough to actually try and make Carr his starter.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #19
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Not true.

It would have been blown up around Houston if that were the case.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #20
LCOOL
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
if he would learn how to play football at the NFL level of play he wouldn't get his butt handed to him.

I actually hope this rumor is true, but I haven't heard anything about it at all over here DanishTexan.

I would think that it would be a win-win situation for all concerned actually. Carr moves on and the Texans get a QB who is actually capable of running an NFL offense. Well, win-win for everyone other than the next Head Coach/ Offensive Coordinator who is dumb enough to actually try and make Carr his starter.
Carr is here to stay end of story, so are the Texans woe's!
LCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read