Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-14-2006   #1
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Default Article on Kubiak in Today's Chronic

Just thought I would post the link. Good article.

Many Broncos Say Kubiak is the Right Man for Texans
Old 01-14-2006   #2
bigtex77
Veteran

Makes you want the Broncos to get beat so they can make the announcement.
Old 01-14-2006   #3
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex77
I know. I want him to be able to start assembling a staff ASAP.

But in a way, (in my best Cartman voice) how sweet would it be for the Broncos to win the Super Bowl. Then Gary would have participated in 7 Super Bowls and won 4. That would be great. I just hope he has been assembling a staff in his "spare" time!

Old 01-14-2006   #4
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

good read,nice post.
Old 01-14-2006   #5
bigtex77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr
I know. I want him to be able to start assembling a staff ASAP.

But in a way, (in my best Cartman voice) how sweet would it be for the Broncos to win the Super Bowl. Then Gary would have participated in 7 Super Bowls and won 4. That would be great. I just hope he has been assembling a staff in his "spare" time!

Yeah, but him assembling a staff in his "spare" time might be the reason they get beat!
Old 01-14-2006   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I know I will be rooting for the Broncos. I want Kubiak in here too.. but I think it would be great for him if he could leave the Broncos with a superbowl win.. not to mention how great it would be to see the Broncos beat out New England and Indi to go to the superbowl .

You cant ask for much more than that.. getting a new head coach that just won the superbowl with his past team.

And I dont think it will KILL us to wait a couple more weeks.. I dont think the serious coach hiring around the league will happen until after the superbowl.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #7
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
If they had any other opponent, I would want the Broncos to lose too. I just can't want New England to win anything.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-14-2006   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, but him assembling a staff in his "spare" time might be the reason they get beat!
What about Jerry Gray? He resigned from the chargers. Has anyone heard reports of him "sidestepping" and becoming OUR defensive cord. under kubiak?
Old 01-14-2006   #9
bigtex77
Veteran

That would be nice, I thought he was the DC for the Bills?
Old 01-14-2006   #10
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

psst.. didnt he resign from the Bills
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #11
cadahnic
All Pro

Jerry Gray is with the Bills. He is currently still with the Bills.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
What about Jerry Gray? He resigned from the chargers. Has anyone heard reports of him "sidestepping" and becoming OUR defensive cord. under kubiak?
Still has visit a with the Lions, but is not above a lateral move to be DC in Houston.
Old 01-14-2006   #13
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
This is the main coach I am concerned with, the DC. I know Kubiak will take care of the offense, no matter the coordinator. If Jerry fits the mold of a DC that he wants, then great. I just want the DC to be Kubes' hire, not anyone else's. It has been mentioned that Gray is the DC with the Bills. Since Mularkey resigned, I don't know what his status is at the current time.

The only thing that concerns me about Gray is how Buffalo's defense fell so far this year. They were only two spots ahead of us in Total Defense. Why did they fall so far? Did anyone follow the Bills closely this year? In 2004, they were the number 2 defense in the entire NFL. They were the number 8 defense in points allowed. I know they have talent. What kind of injuries did they have?
Old 01-14-2006   #14
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

Not that bad of an article. Relatively well written.
Old 01-14-2006   #15
cadahnic
All Pro

Gray is a good coach, but his defenses tend to play inconsistent on a regular basis. If you look at 2004 his best season as a DC at the beginning of the year the team was drastically underperforming. This year he had the same talent, maybe a little older, but with the injury to takeo spikes the defense just crumbled.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #16
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadahnic
Gray is a good coach, but his defenses tend to play inconsistent on a regular basis. If you look at 2004 his best season as a DC at the beginning of the year the team was drastically underperforming. This year he had the same talent, maybe a little older, but with the injury to takeo spikes the defense just crumbled.
Agree with that assessment. It also must be said that the Bills offense did not do the defense any favors this year.
Old 01-14-2006   #17
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Sounds good for Kubiak. Is Gray the lead guy for the DC job? Who are the other canidates?
Old 01-14-2006   #18
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Starting today or Sunday they will have transcripts of all of the Broncos they have interviewed about the guy to show how well he is respected. McClain was on last night and said since they can't have them all in the paper they would put them online to read.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #19
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Default Another Article on Kubiak

This was in USA Today back in November 2005:

Kubiak Could Be Super Coach
Old 01-14-2006   #20
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Even though Texans fans will be excited about having Kubiak as their head coach, they will have to be patient. After all, the Texans finished an NFL-worst 2-14 this season.
Patience? Patience is so easy to preach, but when it comes time to practice it . . . it's the NFL, remember? The fans want to win NOW!

When they go 5-11 next season, which is a reasonable expectation after going 2-14, will you still be excited about having Kubiak as the HC?

I doubt it.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read