Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Is Domanick davis the problem??
Yes he performed poorly 8 12.31%
No, he played as well as anyone behind our Line. 57 87.69%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2006   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Is it DomDavis' Fault??

I understand he was a lowl 6th round pick.... but he looks like a jewel. he missed getting his 1000 yards for his first three years in the league by a hair. And he's gotten hurt and missed some games the last two years. But does he deserve to be our feature back going into next year??
Old 01-14-2006   #2
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

He is actually a high 4th round pick. Solid NFL starter who takes as much advantage of his skills and talents as anyone on our roster.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #3
Dhanis
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Dhanis

You realize that he is probably our best offensive player? He accounts for a huge percentage of our offense, even when he has to miss games. If we had other players step up, perhaps he wouldn't take the beating that he does. He is also a top 10 RB stat-wise. The stats don't tell the full story, too. Often you'll see him get hit at the line of scrimmage, and scramble or drag people for an extra 2-3 yards. DD is far from a problem.
Dhanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

All of those good things about DD are right on, but I still think he is PART of the problem because his pass blocking is so ineffective. I guess I'm not gonna vote.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #5
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

If we can get a decent passing game going, he will most certainly be better. I mean if he was at denver or KC he would be an absolute beast.
Old 01-14-2006   #6
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

when every defense in the NFL playing against the Texans put 8 men in the box, because they KNEW David Carr stank at the NFL level and wasn't going to beat them on his best day, and waited for DD, knowing that he was a hard runner and they would need more than one tackler to bring him down, I think that pretty much sums up who the real offensive threat was this year.

DD was a diamond in the rough and Casserly was either the luckiest GM in history or is actually a decent evaluator of later round talent.

If DD leaves this offense and they keep Carr we will be 1-15 next year, if we are lucky.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #7
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
when every defense in the NFL playing against the Texans put 8 men in the box, because they KNEW David Carr stank at the NFL level and wasn't going to beat them on his best day, and waited for DD, knowing that he was a hard runner and they would need more than one tackler to bring him down, I think that pretty much sums up who the real offensive threat was this year.

DD was a diamond in the rough and Casserly was either the luckiest GM in history or is actually a decent evaluator of later round talent.

If DD leaves this offense and they keep Carr we will be 1-15 next year, if we are lucky.
If DD leaves, I could see this comparison fairly easily:

Mike Anerson/Tatum Bell = J. Wells/Reggie Bush. (I'm not saying J. Wells is better than R. Bush, but size and style running is what I meant)
Old 01-14-2006   #8
bigTEXan8
All Pro

To finish my thought, I think we will win more next year no matter who our RB is. Kubiak is going to be the next Bellichick; an incredibly bright mind that will make this team jump out of no where and suprise everyone.
Old 01-14-2006   #9
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanis
He accounts for a huge percentage of our offense, even when he has to miss games.

HUHH?
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #10
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
If DD leaves, I could see this comparison fairly easily:

Mike Anerson/Tatum Bell = J. Wells/Reggie Bush. (I'm not saying J. Wells is better than R. Bush, but size and style running is what I meant)
Jonathan Wells is NOT a starter and if you get Reggie Bush, you'll make him the starting RB until he breaks down -- which will probably happen very soon with the Texans OL.
Old 01-14-2006   #11
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
To finish my thought, I think we will win more next year no matter who our RB is. Kubiak is going to be the next Bellichick; an incredibly bright mind that will make this team jump out of no where and suprise everyone.
Yeah, and the Texans are going to the SB next year with a 16-0 mark. Kubiak has NO -- repeat, NO -- head coaching experience. He hasn't done much with Denver since Elway left (yeah, what a job he did with Griese) and he isn't even a sideline coach (he's up in the box). Add that and the fact that he's been out there for a long, long time now and nobody has pulled the trigger on him -- which should give you pause.
Old 01-14-2006   #12
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan

Replace the word(s) "David Carr" with "offensive line" and you will be somewhat accurate. Good try, though.
Old 01-14-2006   #13
Dhanis
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Dhanis

DD accounted for 23% of our offense this year, even though he missed 5 games.

Year before that he accounted for 35% on the year, and missed 1 game.

My point is he is hardly the problem. I don't know if you were questioning the large part he plays in our offense, misread what i typed, or were just trying to be cute.
Dhanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #14
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

if not for D.D carr would be dead, Davis is a good reciever when carr is in trouble. plus a very hard runner, in terms of 1,000 yrd seasons and total yards from scrimmage many anaylists compare him to some of the nfls best.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #15
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

DD is good no doubt. However, he has a real hole in his blocking and pickup of blitzers.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #16
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

bobo? have you read ANYTHING that has been said about kubiak? everyone speaks very highly of him especially with the denver organization from the owner to the players.

HC experience was not a priority, but somehow that is a must-have requirement for you. you have to start somewhere.

and because he is up in the booth he has no respect from the players? he has no knowledge of the game? he has no clue about offense or defense? come on... your remarks are on the verge of pure ignorance. im not gonna try to show people what the refuse to see
Old 01-14-2006   #17
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
DD is good no doubt. However, he has a real hole in his blocking and pickup of blitzers.

never noticed him as a bad blocker.
Old 01-14-2006   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
never noticed him as a bad blocker.
He is a terrible blocker and that's why he is used so much as a receiver out of the backfield. It's also why this team tends to get more passing yardage when Wells starts. He is a good runner and I don't put much significance on the break-away speed of a RB because they need to run between the tackles first, but they also need to help with pass blocking and he just can't seem to do it.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #19
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
He is a terrible blocker and that's why he is used so much as a receiver out of the backfield. It's also why this team tends to get more passing yardage when Wells starts. He is a good runner and I don't put much significance on the break-away speed of a RB because they need to run between the tackles first, but they also need to help with pass blocking and he just can't seem to do it.

well lets give him a lil work and see if he can improve on it cause when it comes to running the ball its D.D i want to be the one carrying it.
Old 01-14-2006   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
well lets give him a lil work and see if he can improve on it cause when it comes to running the ball its D.D i want to be the one carrying it.
YUP, one would have thought that our previouse CRACK coaching staff would have done that.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read