Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-14-2006   #1
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Default Bush = match ups problems?

I was wondering if Bush is drafted, how many ways can he be used? I mean Bush and DD could become our verson of thunder and lighting. In the past RBs have lined up as WRs in games, so imagen Bush linning up in the slot then motioning into the backfield with Davis, the options are limitless. Can anyone else see this or am I just a victim of sleep deprivation?
Old 01-14-2006   #2
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

ya get some sleep buddy . na i dunno i jusst dont see us drafting bush when we signed D.D to a new contract last year. plus i think D.D is our answer for RB.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #3
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Bush and DD don't have any thunder. They're all lightning.
Old 01-14-2006   #4
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
Bush and DD don't have any thunder. They're all lightning.

no D.D more power a lil speed, u ever see him in the open field i could catch him "well maybe not"
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #5
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 14294 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

All I want to see is AJ, Mathis, And Bush on the field. So much speed, what can the defense do?
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

He is fast for college. The players will be faster in the NFL. Getting to the edge is not as easy in the NFL, he will have to shake his allergic reaction to going between the tackles. If he is with the Texans then he is in a good place since the current QB maybe the best QB in the league at throwing less than 5 yard routes.
Old 01-14-2006   #7
bdiddy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
He is fast for college. The players will be faster in the NFL. Getting to the edge is not as easy in the NFL, he will have to shake his allergic reaction to going between the tackles. If he is with the Texans then he is in a good place since the current QB maybe the best QB in the league at throwing less than 5 yard routes.
The dude ran a 4.25 in spring ball and a 4.33 during another workout, that is fast no matter what level you but him on. Reggie Bush will be one of the top 10 fastest guys in the NFL and he has remarkable running instincts. He is unparalleled in the open field. Are guys faster in the NFL? Yes, but not nearly as fast as Bush. He, Mathis, and AJ would give us three players that run 4.4 or below (with Bush and Mathis having broken 4.3). That is just scary. With more protection the Texans will be able to stretch the field.
bdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-15-2006   #8
HOOK'EM
Veteran

.............I agree with you MightyTexan!
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #9
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan
All I want to see is AJ, Mathis, And Bush on the field. So much speed, what can the defense do?
Sack Carr instantly.:brickwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #10
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Good luck for any defense that want's to cover Bush out of the backfield with a LB. That will cause the biggest mismatches right there.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #11
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that those three would create extreme match-up problems for our opponents. An offense that effectively moves Bush from RB to the slot would exacerbate this if we can force coverage by a safety rather than a nickel back. We need to have enough offensive sets and options to confuse the defense.

As far as sack Carr instantly, I'm not ready to write off next season yet. Just the change to average (or above) offensive coaching would be equivalent to adding a first round o-lineman, IMO. I think quality coaching will make that much of a difference with our linemen and Carr. Add "another" lineman through free agency or the draft and I think it could be a decent year for the offense.
Old 01-15-2006   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I look at it as it would be a kurt Warner syndrome.

We'd use Bush like ST.Louis used Faulk and yet we don't have a #2 or #3 WR that would come close to what the Rams had back then.. We also don't have the OL that the rams had

We'd spread the formation out with Bush out there to create "matchup" problems only to find defenses would rush Carr even worse ... Warner took a beating and to me hasn't been the same QB ..and playing for Arizona hasn't helped him anymore
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #13
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
I look at it as it would be a kurt Warner syndrome.

We'd use Bush like ST.Louis used Faulk and yet we don't have a #2 or #3 WR that would come close to what the Rams had back then.. We also don't have the OL that the rams had

We'd spread the formation out with Bush out there to create "matchup" problems only to find defenses would rush Carr even worse ... Warner took a beating and to me hasn't been the same QB ..and playing for Arizona hasn't helped him anymore
Not to mention the Rams did not even draft Faulk. The colts did and they couldn't make it work. The Rams did and they had all the right pieces in place to do something special. But it took lots of time for Faulk to become the player he was slated to become. That offense was perfect. Bush will come into a hornets nest of issues here as will VY. We've already got a Faulk but Carr wil never be Warner.
Old 01-15-2006   #14
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

The way I see it Johnson is deep threat #1 Mathis with a little practice at pulling in the passes would be #2 towards the end of the season Carr utilized Rivers to great effect so he or a new TE could be #3 not a deep threat but a threat nonetheless. Armstrong and Gaffney also have to be accounted for by the defense. Bush would also be a threat, so this would already put alot of pressure on the defense. Add in the fact that you could line up Wells and Bush in the backfield making the defense think you are going to use Wells as a FB and then split Bush to the slot. Bush would present alot of problems for any defense. Would they be able to key in on him. No because then they would have A.J. and J.M. scoring on them. If the defense accounts for all these guys they would be stretching themselves and leave the TE open and these scenarios don't even take into account D.D. who is another threat. The line I think with 1-2 additions in FA or draft and good o-line coaching will go a long way to improve our pass blocking. Our offense would have the potential to compete with anyone. To me getting Bush 2 ln men or 1lnman and 1 TE would go a long way. Leaving the rest of the draft and FA to deal with Defense.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #15
texplayer2
Veteran

Quote:
His Heisman run was off tackle into the secondary and then out to the side, spin on a dime, and then across the field for 6.
texplayer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #16
non natural texan
Rookie

Quote:
Two things.

1. "He is fast for college" - So is Vince Young

2. "If he is with the Texans then he is in a good place since the current QB maybe the best QB in the league at throwing less than 5 yard routes." (I may have picked up sarcasm here when there was none... if so sorry but please, read on)

Was it just me or do the coaches call the plays... remember my short-minded friends, in training camp the talk was all about using a short passing game with tons of slants and hitch routes to compensate for the poor o-line... and to hopefully open up the deep ball (plan A didn't work so the deep ball threat never materialized).
In addition, this was Palmers plan but Pendry barely changed it at all, in fact he may have made it even more predictable.

So the short passing wasn't all Carr's fault... was it as bad in the first 3 years, NO. I don't think Carr just decided in the offseason that he didn't like to throw passes longer then 5 yards.
non natural texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #17
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Bush WILL end up with a better pro career than faulk.
Old 01-17-2006   #18
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

4.2 or 4.3 whichever he runs in the 40 are both fast for the pros.

If they have to they can make plays just so he can get to the outside like screens or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #19
HOOK'EM
Veteran

No one can stop da Bush!
Old 01-31-2006   #20
Koolbrz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
I was wondering if Bush is drafted, how many ways can he be used? I mean Bush and DD could become our verson of thunder and lighting. In the past RBs have lined up as WRs in games, so imagen Bush linning up in the slot then motioning into the backfield with Davis, the options are limitless. Can anyone else see this or am I just a victim of sleep deprivation?

I can see were you coming from...You will be able to do so much more with Bush. With his speed alone defense's will have to back up. Will not be able to blitz you all the time. I can see him in the backfield, in the slot, put him in motion, catching balls coming out of the backfield, maybe even putting him at the wideout position and running a reverse. Just so much you can do with this guy. I do hope they do themselves a favor and Draft him.
Koolbrz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read