Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-13-2006   #1
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default Trade down IS only option.

We need to address the O-line. How many times do we need to say it. Carr has been screaming for one, and he had another huge year of sacks.

NO BUSH!
NO YOUNG!
NO Lienhart!

We need more picks and less cap holding players. We are already cap heavy for average players.
Old 01-13-2006   #2
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime
We need to address the O-line. How many times do we need to say it. Carr has been screaming for one, and he had another huge year of sacks.

NO BUSH!
NO YOUNG!
NO Lienhart!

We need more picks and less cap holding players. We are already cap heavy for average players.

i 100% agree with you, we have D. Davis, D. Carr, now we need guys up front to make them 2 stars better.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:

NO BUSH!
NO YOUNG!
NO Lienhart!

Who is this Lienhart you speak of? Anyways, you can address the o-line and get bush or young or this Lienhart guy. You can get a top 5 offensive lineman in the 2nd round.
Old 01-13-2006   #4
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

NO BUSH!
NO YOUNG!
NO Lienhart!

I have been in agreement with this philosophy. But we are drowned out by the Prospect of the Week buzz. We are the minority.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #5
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Amen... Kubiak does not need a "STAR" running back who did not show up in the game of his life. We dont need to draft a glorified Punt returner or Eric Metcalf with our first pick. Kubiak turns average Running backs into stars

If we are not going to take advantage of the O-line talent in this draft then might as well Draft Young; He is faster and more athletic than Carr.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

It seems that many of you all think that the draft is our only option to improve this team. There are 2 months of free agency between the Super Bowl and the draft. We can sign a good offensive lineman. We can find a good defensive end. The draft isn't the only way to rebuild a team.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #7
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedtexansfan513
Who is this Lienhart you speak of? Anyways, you can address the o-line and get bush or young or this Lienhart guy. You can get a top 5 offensive lineman in the 2nd round.

and u think 1 OL guy is gonna fix all our problems we need atleast 2 MAYBE IF POSSIBLE 3. Pitts is good and well thats about it..........
Sponsored links
Old 01-13-2006   #8
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl
I have been in agreement with this philosophy. But we are drowned out by the Prospect of the Week buzz. We are the minority.
I am just getting tired of people who talk Bush and Young like they are already on the team when EVERYONE in the league knows what are NEEDS are. Our NEEDS are NOT QB or RB! We need many positions, and the first on the list is Online needs. Others deal will Defense from DT/DE for replacements to ILB. Many others, but not RB or QB.
Old 01-13-2006   #9
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
It seems that many of you all think that the draft is our only option to improve this team. There are 2 months of free agency between the Super Bowl and the draft. We can sign a good offensive lineman. We can find a good defensive end. The draft isn't the only way to rebuild a team.

i wouldnt say we're rebuilding our team just making improvments and adjustments.
Old 01-13-2006   #10
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
Less you forget that many teams need additional good O-line personel. The only reason a good o-lineman ends up in FA is because he cost to much or to free cap. We already are not having cap issues, but have over-paid several positions where we can run into cap trouble real quick if we arent not paying attention, and cant afford to many of those FA O-line.
Old 01-13-2006   #11
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Less you forget that many teams need additional good O-line personel. The only reason a good o-lineman ends up in FA is because he cost to much or to free cap. We already are not having cap issues, but have over-paid several positions where we can run into cap trouble real quick if we arent not paying attention, and cant afford to many of those FA O-line.

true look at pace last season.
Old 01-13-2006   #12
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
and u think 1 OL guy is gonna fix all our problems we need atleast 2 MAYBE IF POSSIBLE 3. Pitts is good and well thats about it..........
Your right... we need at least 2-3 O-line Min.
Old 01-13-2006   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Trade down is definitely an option. I would not come unglued if the Texans traded down. I personally wouldn't do it if I was making the call but that's just me. I'd take Bush in the first.

Just a question Dime. How many members of the offensive line would you replace this offseason? I don't need a big scenario or anything, I just want a number. 2? 3? Just asking.
Old 01-13-2006   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry, I didn't see that you had already said we need 2-3 linemen. I didn't look down the thread that far. Nevermind.
Old 01-13-2006   #15
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Trade down is definitely an option. I would not come unglued if the Texans traded down. I personally wouldn't do it if I was making the call but that's just me. I'd take Bush in the first.

Just a question Dime. How many members of the offensive line would you replace this offseason? I don't need a big scenario or anything, I just want a number. 2? 3? Just asking.
I feel we need quite a bit of new personnel in there. I want at least 3-4 new online from FA and draft in there to compete with what we currently have. I would hope 2 or 3 might be able to out-perform what we have right now. I know of gel-time for the O-line, but I feel we really need a LT bad. Pitts does ok, but I would rather have Pitts inside. Also, I want those online to give 'hope' to Carr on protecting his backside. Mental games have to be horrible for Carr to manage the field and have it in the back of his mind that he has a colander for a oline.
Old 01-13-2006   #16
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

drew H, seemed to do ok at center when he was playing in his 2 games, cause mckinney just dont cut it, pitts i mean the best we got right now, lets trade our #1 get some extra picks and try to get enough talent where carr dont have to run for his life every play.
Old 01-13-2006   #17
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

NO BUSH!
NO YOUNG!
NO Lienhart!

I agree fully. As you have stated EVERYONE knows what the problems are, but look at the posts here. Lots of folks using all sort of rationalizations to NOT do what is needed. It's a bit like the fat kid in front of the dessert counter. He knows it's not the RIGHT thing, but OH, how he WANTS to have that big chunk of cake and takes it. Instant satisfaction and long term self recrimination about doing it and not doing what was needing to be done.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #18
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle
Amen... Kubiak does not need a "STAR" running back who did not show up in the game of his life.
Denver's system is also succesful without any star OL...
Only one guy drafted above the 4th round starts for them. One of them was undrafted and signed with Denver as a free agent, and he's the starting LT.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #19
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm
Denver's system is also succesful without any star OL...
Only one guy drafted above the 4th round starts for them. One of them was undrafted and signed with Denver as a free agent, and he's the starting LT.
Then it is to bad we dont have thier GM because we need to make draft / FA choices of Oline. And ya know it.
Old 01-13-2006   #20
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
I am just getting tired of people who talk Bush and Young like they are already on the team when EVERYONE in the league knows what are NEEDS are. Our NEEDS are NOT QB or RB! We need many positions, and the first on the list is Online needs. Others deal will Defense from DT/DE for replacements to ILB. Many others, but not RB or QB.
You do not address a NEED with a #1 overall pick. It's BPA on your war room board.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read