Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-13-2006   #1
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10
Default An Open Letter to Fellow Fans

Mostly for all the Vince worshippers....

If we draft Reggie Bush first, or trade down and take someone else, PLEASE do not show up to the draft party and make total fools of yourself and boo and throw things and curse your lungs out. From all I've seen, Reggie is a good person who speaks well and just wants to play ball. Someone like that doesn't deserve hate like McNabb received in Philadelphia after they took him. Show what SHOULD differentiate fans of Houston teams apart from the rest of the country.

Leave that crap up to Philly.
Old 01-13-2006   #2
LoneStarState
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradK10

If we draft Reggie Bush first, or trade down and take someone else, PLEASE do not show up to the draft party and make total fools of yourself and boo and throw things and curse your lungs out. From all I've seen, Reggie is a good person who speaks well and just wants to play ball. Someone like that doesn't deserve hate like McNabb received in Philadelphia after they took him. Show what SHOULD differentiate fans of Houston teams apart from the rest of the country.

DITTO!
Old 01-13-2006   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I can definately see people booing if we chose Bush instead of Young. Many of those Texas alums will probably be pissed. Some of them may even say they won't root for the Texans if we don't choose Young. Hopefully those "fans" don't go to the draft.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #4
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
then a guys mother who gets on TV and tells everyone we need some of VY "GLORY".
whoa whoa whoa...enlighten me since i'm living in AZ now....she did WHAT?
Old 01-13-2006   #5
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
I can definately see people booing if we chose Bush instead of Young. Many of those Texas alums will probably be pissed. Some of them may even say they won't root for the Texans if we don't choose Young. Hopefully those "fans" don't go to the draft.
Hopefully those "fans" are not Texans fans next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #6
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

i've made my position on this clear, but i'll repeat it... I've got the vince avatar and signature, but i would never in a million years boo a draft pick...if reggie straps on the steel blue jersey, im instantly a fan...i can dislike him up until the point, but if he becomes a texan then its simple...i cheer for texans. I dont want to boycott, i dont want to boo.......i just want to bask in the fact that we have a franchise again

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #7
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
i've made my position on this clear, but i'll repeat it... I've got the vince avatar and signature, but i would never in a million years boo a draft pick...if reggie straps on the steel blue jersey, im instantly a fan...i can dislike him up until the point, but if he becomes a texan then its simple...i cheer for texans. I dont want to boycott, i dont want to boo.......i just want to bask in the fact that we have a franchise again
nothing wrong with that, wish more shared your feelings
Old 01-13-2006   #8
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

the last RB taken with the first pick of the draft was.....................11 years ago. Does anyone remember who that even was? I had to look it up actually.

Come on guys, Bush is good, very good. But in todays salary cap era the chances of taking a RB at #1 with the money that the #1 pick COMMANDS are very slim (read that as NFL STUPID) and not at all.

Now could we trade down a couple of spots, pick up some extra picks and STILL get Bush, yeah.

Out of the two scenario's, if we end up picking Bush it won't be as a #1 pick, IMHO.

But if we trade down, it would be passing up on Young, expect alot of ticked off Texans if that happens and it wouldn't surprise me to see some of them booing THAT decision, at all.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #9
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
the last RB taken with the first pick of the draft was.....................11 years ago. Does anyone remember who that even was? I had to look it up actually.
Come on guys, Bush is good, very good. But in todays salary cap era the chances of taking a RB at #1 with the money that the #1 pick COMMANDS are very slim (read that as NFL STUPID) and not at all.
Just last year the #2 overall was a RB, so was the #4 overall and the #5 overall, so apparently teams still feel that top RBs are worthy of large
cap/salary investments.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #10
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Just last year the #2 overall was a RB, so was the #4 overall and the #5 overall, so apparently teams still feel that top RBs are worthy of large
cap/salary investments.

well thaqts good for those teams but werent not one of them !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

To try an get the thread back on track....Yes, I hope it is all chears and absolute celabration no matter HOW the draft goes. All three options are winners for the Texans, just in different ways.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #12
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
To try an get the thread back on track....Yes, I hope it is all chears and absolute celabration no matter HOW the draft goes. All three options are winners for the Texans, just in different ways.
I WISH IT WOULD BE THAT WAY TOO.
Old 01-14-2006   #13
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I thought the draft party was during the draft. You saying they should wait outside until a pick is made? Regardless I agree that Reggie Bush shouldn't be booed, it isn't his fault if we have a bunch of dumba**es in the front office. The fans should rightly direct their anger at the front office for not admitting their mistake (David Carr).

Eagles fans can be crude, but at least they are passionate. I used to live there and they follow that team no matter what. McNair doesn't have that luxury in Houston, especially after everything Houston fans have been through with Bud leaving up to now.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #14
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I haven't been to draft day since 1993, so I'm not coming anyway. We don't leave the house on draft weekend at all. My crazy half likes to watch every pick and compare them to his own mock draft.

Unlike my opposite half at home having something against drafting Vince, I don't have anything against drafting Reggie in and of itself. So I wouldn't boo anyway.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #15
profan
Veteran

Quote:
nothing wrong with that, wish more shared your feelings
Most due share his feelings. Most texan fans do not even belong to this board. If you believe that most texan fans will boo someone other than young being taken you are mistaken. A good number of those posting such negative comments do not even have season tickets. It just amazes me that you sit there in arizona and read a few negative posts of this board and assume all fans to think the same. Most of the season tickets holder i have talked with like vince young but are far from convinced that the texans should take him.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Good Call.
I would rather have a humble guy on my football team then a guys mother who gets on TV and tells everyone we need some of VY "GLORY".
I'd appreciate it if you left the players Mothers out of any of this stuff. I'd hope you were above this.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #17
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, but can VY match up w/ Chuck Norris? Can Vince do this?
disaacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #18
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
cap/salary investments.
Ain't that the truth.

Signed,

Shaun Alexander and Edgerrin James
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read