Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-13-2006   #1
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man
Default The Ohio State all the way.

Had a weird thought (and remember this is my perfect little world ).
We are going to the 4-3 next year so we trade down with the Jets.
Then trade Wong for a second rounder, and Greenwood for anything you could get (player or pick).

Now Draft
1st round- AJ Hawk (WLB)
2nd round- Bobby Carpenter (SLB)
3rd round- Anthony Schlegal (MLB)
*(other 2nd and 3rd use on O-line)

Do you think these three rookies would be better than the LB core we had this year. Too me I think the rookies could be now and will defiantly be by the end of the year.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #2
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Wong isn't good enough to garner a 2nd rounder, especially coming off of a season ending injury, and Greenwood's contract is too large for us to be able to move him...I would go with either Hawk or Carpenter and Schlegal though...Maybe throw in Ashton Youboty (hometown guy) with a 3rd or 4th...
Old 01-13-2006   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wong wouldnt even fetch a 7th. We couldn't get anything for Sharper, and he was much better than Wong will ever be
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #4
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man
Had a weird thought (and remember this is my perfect little world ).
We are going to the 4-3 next year so we trade down with the Jets.
Then trade Wong for a second rounder, and Greenwood for anything you could get (player or pick).

Now Draft
1st round- AJ Hawk (WLB)
2nd round- Bobby Carpenter (SLB)
3rd round- Anthony Schlegal (MLB)
*(other 2nd and 3rd use on O-line)

Do you think these three rookies would be better than the LB core we had this year. Too me I think the rookies could be now and will defiantly be by the end of the year.
Yes, all of those men with the exception of schlegal are better than our LB's. Wong, Orr, and Babin are better than Schlegal.

However, we cannot possibly draft 3 LB's let alone in the first three rounds.

Assuming we move the the 4-3, we need a nice DE.
Regardless of which defense we play, we need a true FS and a real MLB.

Ahmad Brooks is the top MLB, Ko Simpson/Michael Huff are the top FS.
Old 01-13-2006   #5
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
Wong isn't good enough to garner a 2nd rounder, especially coming off of a season ending injury, and Greenwood's contract is too large for us to be able to move him...I would go with either Hawk or Carpenter and Schlegal though...Maybe throw in Ashton Youboty (hometown guy) with a 3rd or 4th...
Youboty will be a great pick up in the later rounds. He is flying under the radar and should not have declared this year. He is raw and was overshadowed on his defense. He has the physical tools to make it big though.
Old 01-13-2006   #6
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I never understand why people have this false sense that a player they don't want to keep can get a high draft pick.
Old 01-13-2006   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its the Madden Syndrome.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-13-2006   #8
Long-Spurs-Texan
Veteran

I would say no to the Ohio State LB Corps. If we do that, Vince will be a Titan. He will be punking our Ohio State Linebackers on a regular basis. He's already good at it.
Old 01-14-2006   #9
Texans86
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long-Spurs-Texan
I would say no to the Ohio State LB Corps. If we do that, Vince will be a Titan. He will be punking our Ohio State Linebackers on a regular basis. He's already good at it.
Minus one play, Ohio State controlled Vince pretty well. Bring up stats if you want, I could be wrong, but I remember watching that defense doing really well against Texas. It was probably one of the best football games I've ever watched though.
Old 01-14-2006   #10
Afrokid
Rookie

u seem to have forgotten o line men. i would much rather take them over Ohio States pretty boy...
Afrokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #11
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Trading Wong and Greenwood would also add a pretty hefty cap hit for next season, plus having three rookies as your LB core doesn't seem like a very good idea either. We do need to change our LBs around at some point, but I don't think we will be able to this season since we'll likely be switching systems and we have two expensive LBs already and other team needs to fill.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #12
LongBignasty1
Veteran

Exactly, we need strictly O, O-line, O weapons and maybe 1 or 2 D players.
Next year is D.

Go Texans! Go Vince Young!
Old 01-14-2006   #13
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long-Spurs-Texan
Didn't he throw 2 INTs to AJ Hawk? Didn't Hawk sack him?

Don't be so dense.
Old 01-15-2006   #14
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
I never understand why people have this false sense that a player they don't want to keep can get a high draft pick.
Didn't you see I said "My Dream World", I know it couldn't nor wouldn't happen. The point was to see what people thought of having the OSU lb crew over the one we presently have. I guess I should have said nothing about Wong and Greenwood, but I tried to give a scenero for them not being here.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read