Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-13-2006   #1
BattleRedTexan
Rookie

Default a true LEADER has vision...

A true LEADER has vision.

When I saw the Vince Young press conference, I was so impressed by his "goals."
He said that he wants to go to the NFL and become one of the greatest players in NFL history and "make it to the Hall of Fame."

For someone as young as he is, it sounds like he has BIG goals, and he is going to work hard to achieve them. This KID is thinking about being a HALL OF FAMER...

He went on to say that he's not going to be one of these guys "who is satisfied after they get the money." He wants to keep working hard to "earn" the money he is paid, so that he can "make it to the Hall of Fame."

Vince Young is a LEADER. He is a guy who is going to come in and INSPIRE the Texans players to get better and be a better team. He will lead by example.

This is the kind of LEADER that the Texans need.

Growing your hair out until you win two games in a row is NOT my idea of leadership...

Last edited by BattleRedTexan; 01-13-2006 at 08:58 AM. Reason: n/a
BattleRedTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince Young thread #3,241,547 is now active. Please post your Vince Young praise to the thread in an orderly manner. This thread will be closing in 3...2...1...

Vince Young thread #3,241,548 is now active. Please post your Vince Young praise to the thread in an orderly manner. This thread will be closing in 3...2...1...

Vince Young thread #3,241,549 is now active....
Old 01-13-2006   #3
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Vince Young thread #3,241,547 is now active. Please post your Vince Young praise to the thread in an orderly manner. This thread will be closing in 3...2...1...

Vince Young thread #3,241,548 is now active. Please post your Vince Young praise to the thread in an orderly manner. This thread will be closing in 3...2...1...

Vince Young thread #3,241,549 is now active....
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #4
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 50323 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Let the coach have the leadership and vision. Let the QB be a manager to take care of the here and now (on the field).
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #5
CenTexNative
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CenTexNative Send a message via Yahoo to CenTexNative

You know, man, I saw his press conference, man. And, man, he just used , man, too much, man. I like the kid and he has had one heck of a carreer at The University of Texas. But he still needs to work with a speech therapist. I still say the Texans don't need a quarterback.
Old 01-13-2006   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexNative
You know, man, I saw his press conference, man. And, man, he just used , man, too much, man. I like the kid and he has had one heck of a carreer at The University of Texas. But he still needs to work with a speech therapist. I still say the Texans don't need a quarterback.
He will learn how to fix his linguistic stylings, in due time, for press conferences. Communicating with his teammates in a language they understand will be of utmost important.
Old 01-13-2006   #7
Spoda
Veteran

can vince young come do my taxes? he seems to be able to do everything else

TRADE THE PICK!!!! fix the holes
Old 01-13-2006   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Go read the Lopez article, you also forgot to say that vince can fly and shoot lightning bolts out of his butt.
You could say that for every Texan after a night of sodas and Tex-Mex.
Old 01-13-2006   #9
CenTexNative
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CenTexNative Send a message via Yahoo to CenTexNative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
You could say that for every Texan after a night of sodas and Tex-Mex.
Now that's funny....true...but still funny

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read