Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-12-2006   #1
BattleRedTexan
Rookie

Default Heard today that Casserly doesn't like...

I heard on the radio today, from a "reliable source," that Charley Casserly doesn't like Vince Young.

Apparently, Casserly thinks he is "underdeveloped."

Man, I wished they would have fired that guy. He is single handedly going to bring the team down...
BattleRedTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #2
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedTexan
I heard on the radio today, from a "reliable source," that Charley Casserly doesn't like Vince Young.

Man, I wished they would have fired that guy. He is single handedly going to bring the team down...
He's not as developed as Philip Buchanan, Jason Babin, and Dave Ragone huh?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

hook em:

talk to me about your avatar.

is that good 'old Texas fun, or are you serious about it?

are you giving up on us drafting VY, or trying to make a political statement?

just curious.

man, you make more avatars than anybody I know...
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #4
LoneStarState
Veteran

What are you guys going to do when some scouts just dis the heck outta VY? Not everyone thinks is the best thing since sliced bread despite his obvious atheletic abilities... You don't seem to have a problem calling somebody elses baby ugly - but when someone returns the favor - Katy bar the door!
Old 01-12-2006   #5
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

They are going to call them ignorant and say that they obviously haven't seen him play.

What do they know, they are only professionals?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #6
Wordem
Veteran

Two words: Heath Shuler.

CC still thinks that was a good pick. It's a crap shoot.

VY is as good as a Texan. He's the one. Period.
Wordem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

no he isnt. period.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-12-2006   #8
LoneStarState
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordem
Two words: Heath Shuler.

CC still thinks that was a good pick. It's a crap shoot.

VY is as good as a Texan. He's the one. Period.
Hmmm. Norv Turner was the coach of the Redskins when Shuler was drafted. He has a history of coaching qbs - I'm sure he had input on the draft selection, too. Maybe there's a reason he's been fired from the head coaching jobs he's had... just a thought.
Old 01-12-2006   #9
Wordem
Veteran

We're taking VY. Just wait.
Old 01-12-2006   #10
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

now thats an idea i can get behind. Lets all say who is going to get taken.. and then just wait.. no more posting on it.

We are taking Bush.. see ya in March
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #11
Wordem
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarState
Hmmm. Norv Turner was the coach of the Redskins when Shuler was drafted. He has a history of coaching qbs - I'm sure he had input on the draft selection, too. Maybe there's a reason he's been fired from the head coaching jobs he's had... just a thought.
Maybe there's a reason Casserly got fired and the Redskins are in the playoffs. Hmmmmmm.
Old 01-12-2006   #12
LoneStarState
Veteran

And what if we don't? I'm sure you can get VY Saints jerseys on nflshop.com.
Old 01-12-2006   #13
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
We're taking VY. Just wait.
I hope we do but it doesn't help when we put his picture on our homepage.
Old 01-12-2006   #14
LoneStarState
Veteran

Quote:
Maybe there's a reason Casserly got fired and the Redskins are in the playoffs. Hmmmmmm.
I'm sure it has absolutely NOTHING to do with Joe Gibbs being the head coach.
Old 01-12-2006   #15
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedTexan

Vince Young is UNDERDEVELOPED. Sorry its a fact, if you want a polished QB who might start in year 1, draft Leinhart. If you want to take a chance on a plyer who may be better then the top 2%, you draft VY.

I thought this was common and accept knowledge.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #16
Wordem
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy
I thought this was common and accept knowledge.
For people who don't watch a lot of Longhorn football. Sure. They're all wrong. Period. He could play next year and the Texans would win eight games. He's that good.
Old 01-12-2006   #17
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
For people who don't watch a lot of Longhorn football. Sure. They're all wrong. Period. He could play next year and the Texans would win eight games. He's that good.

Yeah if the Texans played in NFL Europe.

Vince could school the Rhein Fire and Scottish Claymores.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #18
LoneStarState
Veteran

Don't forget the CFL or Arena League. Really, Wordem, how much to you know about professional football?
Old 01-12-2006   #19
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude, lay off the accusation that people who querstion VY dont watch UT football, becasue its not only wrong, and shortsided, it's also just ignorant.

if draft I would not want VY to start next year. IF any QB screamed for the McNair treatment it's Vince. He needs tiem to work on his reads, fine tune his sense of when he should run and when he should not, learn to slide for extra yards and just get teh hand of a pro style offense (becasue I highly doubt will be running the spread next year)

oh, FYI I've seen every UT game for nearly the last decade, and while VY maybe the most gifted QB ever to step onto Jamil Feild, he also has the worst throwing motion (not that it will hurt him much, but i does negate his height when he throws it from the funky side arm angle)
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #20
Wordem
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy
FYI I've seen every UT game for nearly the last decade, and while VY maybe the most gifted QB ever to step onto Jamil Feild
That's funny. You reek of aggy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read