Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-12-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Casserly's Inteview process:

Just thought everyone should hear this, since it sounded pretty interesting to me:

Quote:
that was part of the interview process, certainly asking people, ‘How would you use Reggie Bush?’ Because at the time we interviewed everybody, we thought Reggie Bush was going to declare. I think he gives you a lot of options, plus he gives you a touchdown maker and another playmaker on offense.
In his press briefing
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #2
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

where did that come from?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #3
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Link me please...
Old 01-12-2006   #4
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

OK I found it

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ne...php?PRKey=2346

I think it is funny how he goes in depth about how they could use Reggie Bush, but for Young he basically says "He is a good prospect".
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

For a riverboat gambler, he sure tips his cards a little too often, 'eh?

Good, bad, or indifferent, I think it's becoming pretty obvious which way this franchise is headed in the draft.
Old 01-12-2006   #6
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

Which is ridiculous if this pattern persists. I totally understood the announcing and signing of Carr when we selected him with the #1, but why in the world would you just flat out ruin all of your chances at wheeling and dealing??

We really should have gotten rid of casserly even before we fired capers, this guy has to be the worst thing this organization has EVER hired.
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe McNair told him, "No deals for you. We're just taking Bush and that's it."
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-12-2006   #8
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

it doesn't necesarily take us out, just weeds out all the bad offers, someone who wants him now knows that we would be happy to take him so the offer better be good.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #9
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel like we have to babysit this guy. How is he with the team still?I'm just floored that someone can't just be a little more subtle.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #10
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
it doesn't necesarily take us out, just weeds out all the bad offers, someone who wants him now knows that we would be happy to take him so the offer better be good.
Exactly now everybody knows how bad we want bush and that we wont accept any average trade offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #11
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

He has not ruled out drafting VY and here is a quote from that link "(on Vince Young) “Vince Young is certainly a very talented quarterback. He can run and he can throw. If he ends up here, then he’s certainly an outstanding pro prospect.”

No where did I read that they are drafting Bush.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #12
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

people need to wake up and realize we are taking bush, that is why Charlie is tipping his hand. Look I was also caught up in the Vince craze after he put up a top 5 all-time sports performance, but I can see why the organization and Kubiak still believe in Carr. Despite being the most sacked QB in the game for the second year in a row he was able to throw for more TDs than ints and pass for over 60% and he did it in a year where his inept O cordinator was fired and both his offensive weapons where injured and had a down year. I can see the organizations point of view, where they believe if we just surround him with more weapons he can succeed. Before the Rose bowl the city was going crazy and overly excited about the prospect of drafting Bush. Carr fits more of the mold of QB that Kubiak has done wonders with. If the texans choose to take Bush, I'll understand

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 01-12-2006 at 08:57 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #13
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't be surprised if in the next few months News 2 Houston will report Charlie missing and then he will show back up the day after the draft, safe and sound. It is like working with Lenny from "Of Mice and Men" and Bush is the rabbit he wants to pet and love.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #14
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114
He has not ruled out drafting VY and here is a quote from that link "(on Vince Young) “Vince Young is certainly a very talented quarterback. He can run and he can throw. If he ends up here, then he’s certainly an outstanding pro prospect.”

No where did I read that they are drafting Bush.
What that tells me is the only way Young ends up here is if he totally blows our scouts away and can show without a doubt that he is clearly the top choice of this draft. Even if that happens though, if we sign Carr to the extension, I just cannot see us take Young. I think things will become clearer around the deadline of signing Carr.
Old 01-12-2006   #15
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I wonder if Elyse Lanier is steaming right now, lol.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #16
Erratic Assassin
All Pro

Rep Power: 13 Erratic Assassin was voted MVPErratic Assassin was voted MVPErratic Assassin was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
people need to wake up and realize we are taking bush, that is why Charlie is tipping his hand.
People have already forgotten how Casserly tipped his hand the last time we had a #1 pick.

He told the world he was drafting Carr long before the draft. I remember we had a ton of people in here speculating that he was bluffing. He obviously wasn't bluffing.
Erratic Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #17
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic Assassin
People have already forgotten how Casserly tipped his hand the last time we had a #1 pick.

He told the world he was drafting Carr long before the draft. I remember we had a ton of people in here speculating that he was bluffing. He obviously wasn't bluffing.
Good point. Casserly and McNair locked on and never let go. I see the same pattern repeating itself here. Well, at least Reggie is exciting.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #18
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic Assassin

And what a great pick it was, too.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bush would be my last choice of the three, so it figures that Casserly would lock onto him. Oh well, at least he has a tremendous upside.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #20
LCOOL
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
Bush would be my last choice of the three, so it figures that Casserly would lock onto him. Oh well, at least he has a tremendous upside.
With Casserly track record he would probably fumble the darft pick like he did the last 4 years. Are there any free agent GM's out there?
LCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read