Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-12-2006   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Reggie picks his Agent

"Sources said the final round of talks included conversations with agents about their willingness to reduce their standard 3 percent commission on contract negotiations to as low as 1 percent. Assuming Bush earns a top overall pick and a signing bonus of around $25 million, and if Segal takes 1 percent, the agent's cut would be $250,000. Segal, who represents Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick, could not immediately be reached for comment."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=2289961
Is this guy one of the top agents ? Don't recognize the name, but I'm sure
there's a lot of agents I'm unfamiliar with. Hey he and Carrol negotiated a
a lower fee from the agent. I like that.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #2
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Just as long as he didn't pick Rosenhaus or the Poston Brothers, I don't care.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 161176 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Is this guy one of the top agents ? Don't recognize the name, but I'm sure
there's a lot of agents I'm unfamiliar with.
Segal's been around for a while and has negotiated some big FA contracts, like Mushin Muhammad's deal with Da Bears last year.
Here is Segal's agent profile, courtesy of NFLPA.org:

Quote:
Segal, Joel G.

Education
Hofstra Univ School of Law, JD 1989
George Washington univ, BA 1986

Active Contracts Negotiated: 38
Maybe Bush should have considered the ESPN writer Darren Rovell has his agent:

Quote:
Assuming Bush earns a top overall pick and a signing bonus of around $25 million...
$25 million!!! Good Vince Young, that's a lot of money.
Old 01-13-2006   #4
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Whoever his agent is (I guess it's been finalized and is Segal) he is going to be a wealthy man before Reggie is done. Talking an agent down to 1% is pretty rare though, I thought the norm was more like 7% anyways and a lot of the time it's a higher percentage for bigger contracts since those players can afford to lose a little more money to their agents (and it obviously helps the agents out too)
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #5
Long-Spurs-Texan
Veteran

LOL, the Poston Bros. I remember their negotiations with Kellen "Knieval" Winslow & Cleveland...

See the process.
http://www.footballguys.com/04bang_negotiation.htm
Old 01-18-2006   #6
HOOK'EM
Veteran

.............cant wait till April!
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read