Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-12-2006   #1
1-3
Veteran

Default Name your price (picks) to trade away the #1

I'm strongly in the VY category and failing that I'm firmly in the Reggie Bush camp. I just think the possible upside of these guys is crazy. My deal I would still need to be able to get Hawk or D-Brick swapping #1's, a number one next year, and two #2's probably. Very small chance anyone gives that but my threshold would probably be that high.
1-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #2
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Pick for picks, I would like to see the team's first rounder this year, third rounder this year, and possibly a second rounder in the next. But that is off the top of my head.

Anyone know where the draft value pick chart is?

I think if Cass works it right, because of the dual Bush/Young possibilities, we could find a team or two that would fall all over us for rights to the #1 this year.
Old 01-12-2006   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I want them to trade down in the general sence, but I'm going to have to rely on others who agree with that to know if the possible trade is really worth it or not. I'm no draft expert, but I really believe that we don't need an RB or QB. I don't think the answer is DD either, unless it's goal line time. The starting RB on this team should be Wells.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #4
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I was strongly in the trade down camp, but I think the fans would revolt if we don't end up with Bush or VY. I personally think that Carr has more upside than DD, so I want Bush. I think Carr can excel if we surround him with better talent. So I am basically in the exact opposite position as you.

The Jets are the trade partner I like, if we went that route. If we could get their 2006 1st, their 2007 1st, and their 2006 2nd, I would jump on it. I would take Ferguson with our 1st. With our two 2nd's and two 3rd's, I would likely take an OG, TE, safety and someone in the front seven on defense (perhaps a pass-rushing DE or MLB).

In 2007, we could focus on defense and perhaps filling a need at our #2 WR spot (if Mathis or someone else hasn't filled this need yet).
Old 01-12-2006   #5
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
Anyone know where the draft value pick chart is?
http://www.degnan.org/dolphins/draftvaluechart.htm
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
I was strongly in the trade down camp, but I think the fans would revolt if we don't end up with Bush or VY. I personally think that Carr has more upside than DD, so I want Bush. I think Carr can excel if we surround him with better talent. So I am basically in the exact opposite position as you.

The Jets are the trade partner I like, if we went that route. If we could get their 2006 1st, their 2007 1st, and their 2006 2nd, I would jump on it. I would take Ferguson with our 1st. With our two 2nd's and two 3rd's, I would likely take an OG, TE, safety and someone in the front seven on defense (perhaps a pass-rushing DE or MLB).

In 2007, we could focus on defense and perhaps filling a need at our #2 WR spot (if Mathis or someone else hasn't filled this need yet).
yep, this is pretty much where I'm at. Don't trade too far down, though...the Jets would be a good place to draw the line. Mario Williams, D'brick, or AJ Hawk would be great picks with that no. 1, IMO. (but I'd make them thrown in a 2006 3rd just to sweeten the deal)

Great minds think alike!
Old 01-12-2006   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, so we need to trade the #1 for 10 7th round picks.
Sponsored links
Old 01-12-2006   #8
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be pleased if we could trade down with the Jets for a 2nd this year, a 1st next year, and a player, possibly Doug Jolley or Adrian Jones...It would be awesome if we could fleece them for John Abraham though...
Old 01-12-2006   #9
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

How about we trade our #1 overall pick and Buchanon to Denver for both of their 1st round picks and Champ Bailey... (If this seems crazy it's because I had to take a pain killer earlier)
Old 01-12-2006   #10
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
I would be pleased if we could trade down with the Jets for a 2nd this year, a 1st next year, and a player, possibly Doug Jolley or Adrian Jones...It would be awesome if we could fleece them for John Abraham though...
I know every team is different but there was a good discussion the other day saying the Texans need to set the bar before the draft even starts. If teams have players, etc to trade, that is fine but the Texans need to at least convey that two #1s will be involved..this year and next..and then I'd say a 2nd or 3rd this year.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Just by looking at that draft chart and knowing that I want a LT, I say we need to get the 4th or 5th pick and a second rounder this year and next. That is the absolute minimum. The 2nd or 3rd pick would change things a little, but I don't see either one of those teams offering when we keep insisting publicly that we will take Bush.
Old 01-12-2006   #12
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #13
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog
I know every team is different but there was a good discussion the other day saying the Texans need to set the bar before the draft even starts. If teams have players, etc to trade, that is fine but the Texans need to at least convey that two #1s will be involved..this year and next..and then I'd say a 2nd or 3rd this year.
It all depends on how far we're trading down...If we trade past, say, pick 5, the asking price should rise tremendously since most of the "can't miss" prospects will be off the board...

The reason I added a player rather than an extra pick to my scenario is that it just seems like a better option for this team at this time...We'd be getting a known commodity who already has NFL experience and will be ready to come in and start from day one...The same can't be said for most 3rd rounders...Another advantage is that, in the event that the player we trade for is a bust, the team we trade with will have already absorbed all of said player's signing bonus, so we could cut ties with the player without worrying about cap ramifications...
Old 01-12-2006   #14
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-3
I'm strongly in the VY category and failing that I'm firmly in the Reggie Bush camp. I just think the possible upside of these guys is crazy. My deal I would still need to be able to get Hawk or D-Brick swapping #1's, a number one next year, and two #2's probably. Very small chance anyone gives that but my threshold would probably be that high.
I want to trade with the Jets. I would require their number 4 overall this year plus Abraham along with their first rounder next year.

Rememeber, if Kubiak comes here he will bring the Denver theory on Zone blocking. He likes a line that is lighter and generally passed over becuase they are smaller. Perhaps Dbrick would fit. If not, I would trade down to about 8 or so and pick up CB Jimmy Williams. So our D now adds Abraham plus a stud CB to compliment Dunta. With our next few picks we can address any number of spots. With these moves we will not be a supwerbowl contender or playoff contender, but we also wont win only 2 games next year.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011

Last edited by awtysst; 01-12-2006 at 06:44 PM.
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #15
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO you can throw the draft value chart right out the window.
There not trading for a draft pick.
There trading for Reggie Bush.

No trading outside the top Eight.
If we trade and only recieve picks I would want two first round picks and two second round picks.

If we trade for picks and players I would want two first and a player.

Everybody is talking about trading for J Abraham which would be great but I would just like to throw J Vilmas or Santana Moss's name out there.

AJ and Moss sounds exciting doesnt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #16
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
Everybody is talking about trading for J Abraham which would be great but I would just like to throw J Vilmas or Santana Moss's name out there.

AJ and Moss sounds exciting doesnt it.
I don't think Washington is going to get rid of Santana Moss
Old 01-12-2006   #17
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
I don't think Washington is going to get rid of Santana Moss
Me either but you never no.
They might be interested in V Young or Lienart.

Quote:
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Old 01-12-2006   #18
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Washington just drafted Jason Campbell in the first round last year.

And Santana Moss is their best player.
Old 01-12-2006   #19
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

I completly forgot about campbell.

Quote:
Old 01-12-2006   #20
tulexan
Hall of Fame

I think Campbell is going to be really good in a few years. He was really underrated in college.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read