Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-12-2006   #1
yaboycm
Veteran

Default Throwing something out there

Trade Carr and maybe a pick to the Saints for Deuce.
Texans draft Young.
Saints draft Bush.
Old 01-12-2006   #2
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

My first instinct was to say that NO wouldn't do that, but the more I think about it, the more I think they would...Deuce is coming off an ACL injury and may not be as good post-injury as he was pre-injury...I could see something like that happening, but we'd probably ask for a mid-to-late round pick along with McAllister...

Who do you propose we sign to start ahead of Vince next year? Kitna, maybe? We've already seen that just throwing a QB to the wolves, especially behind this OL, is a bad idea...

Overall, not a bad proposal, IMO...
Old 01-12-2006   #3
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Kitna's played well against us. I, for one have been impressed with the guy's toughness.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #4
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK

Who do you propose we sign to start ahead of Vince next year? Kitna, maybe? We've already seen that just throwing a QB to the wolves, especially behind this OL, is a bad idea...

Hell, Banks. Start Banks 10-12 games. Let Vince learn the system then start him from game 11-13 on. The team still needs a lot and this would raise the probability of having another high draft pick. I don't know about Kitna because I don't want to see a Brees-Rivers situation in Houston where two QBs are taking up a huge chunk of the payroll. I do like Kitna though. Just someone who could come in, manage the team like they have done before (Banks with the Rams), and really pose no threat to the future playing time of Vince.
Old 01-12-2006   #5
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Saints just signed Deuce to a big contract. I believe around $60 million. I don't think that they are going to trade him and take a giant cap hit.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #6
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Saints just signed Deuce to a big contract. I believe around $60 million. I don't think that they are going to trade him and take a giant cap hit.
Can you transfer contracts along with a traded player if the NFL OK's it.
Old 01-12-2006   #7
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

No because the signing bonuses are prepaid and must be accounted for on the books.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-12-2006   #8
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaboycm
Hell, Banks. Start Banks 10-12 games. Let Vince learn the system then start him from game 11-13 on. The team still needs a lot and this would raise the probability of having another high draft pick. I don't know about Kitna because I don't want to see a Brees-Rivers situation in Houston where two QBs are taking up a huge chunk of the payroll. I do like Kitna though. Just someone who could come in, manage the team like they have done before (Banks with the Rams), and really pose no threat to the future playing time of Vince.
Yeah, two QB's cant take up too much of the payroll, but paying two RB's $75M is ok
Old 01-12-2006   #9
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

You can have two RB's on the field at the same time you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #10
CITY CAT
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
Amen
CITY CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I suspect that will be the game plan.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #12
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yeah... Bush and DD...!
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #13
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
My first instinct was to say that NO wouldn't do that, but the more I think about it, the more I think they would...Deuce is coming off an ACL injury and may not be as good post-injury as he was pre-injury...I could see something like that happening, but we'd probably ask for a mid-to-late round pick along with McAllister...

I don't like the initial trade proposal to trade that with the Saints, but in addition I wouldn't count on Kitna coming here next year. The Bengals will likely resign him since Palmer's future is uncertain at this point (at least him being ready for the start of next year and the possibility of his knee holding up all year), and if they somehow don't resign Kitna I don't think Houston would be his top choice of teams as several others may be looking at him to be a starter for a couple years, not a mentor for Vince for a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Another excellent point, I had forgotten about that until now. He did get a $50+ million deal recently so that would be a huge hit against their cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
Can you transfer contracts along with a traded player if the NFL OK's it.
As Tulexan said, the remaining portion of their signing bonus (I don't know exactly what Deuce's was, but probably in the neighborhood of $12-15 million), counts against that teams cap, the rest of his base salary his new team will have to pay, but the Saints aren't going to take that $12+ million hit.

Obviously you can have both Davis and Bush on the field together, but $75 million is still a pretty hefty combination of those two salaries, I'm still in favor of trading down but if we stay at #1 I think our best option is definitely to draft Bush, unless of course Mario Williams puts up huge combine/workout numbers and looks like the next Julius Peppers, then I wouldn't mind taking him at #1.

Last edited by MorKnolle; 01-13-2006 at 10:59 AM.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read