Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-12-2006   #1
djkennedy101
Rookie

Default Where is TO gonna land.....

I think there is a good chance he will be with TB next year.....What do yall think....?
Old 01-12-2006   #2
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 926 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

I've heard Dallas, but I can see personality conficts Parcells/Jones even Drew with TO. He definately needs to lose some attitude there.
Old 01-12-2006   #3
Dennis007
Rookie

Anyone who is willing to take a gamble on him and hope he doesn't dismantle the team.

But he'll end up in Tampa.
Dennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #4
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

I heard GB maybe a choice of his. Although i doubt it because they couldnt pay Owens what we wants.
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #5
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

My initial thoughts are the Cowboys. I was a little surprised when I read that TB was in the mix since they had a similar situation with Keyshawn and couldn't successfully coach him.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #6
DFAN
Veteran

TB and the Jets have shown intrest but I really dont see him going to those teams because of the QB situation.

Jets dont have a QB and although Simms did pretty well I still think he has a lot of work.

I think it will be Dallas or Denver.

I know people dont think him and BP can work together but BP has handle players some what like him. Remember Gruden couldnt work with Keyshawn but BP has no problems with him.
Old 01-12-2006   #7
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

TB is close to another SB all they need is a line (through this packed draft) and some depth on D and of course another WR. Owens is 32 and still doesn't have his ring. I'm guessing thats the only reason for y ppl would consider him going there. Everyone hears about Gruden and Keyshawn not working out but how bout Gruden and old WRs, that works out perfectly. so y not?
Old 01-12-2006   #8
real

I think he's going to San diego
Old 01-12-2006   #9
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodAa
TB is close to another SB all they need is a line (through this packed draft) and some depth on D and of course another WR. Owens is 32 and still doesn't have his ring. I'm guessing thats the only reason for y ppl would consider him going there. Everyone hears about Gruden and Keyshawn not working out but how bout Gruden and old WRs, that works out perfectly. so y not?

There is a difference between the old WR's Gruden has worked with in the past and TO.

As far as TB being close to a SB. There are 7 maybe 8 teams in the NFC that are close to a SB. Pretty much the same with the AFC.
Old 01-12-2006   #10
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

What ever team he goes to, run immediatly to you favorit bookie and lay some large $$$ down AGAINST that team, because it's about to blow up. If not year one, just about garanteed in year 2.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't see him with TB, as I still remember Keyshawn Johnson, and he isn't as bad as TO. Players around the league have been saying things like "that guy is a virus, I don't want him in my locker room." He has made two playoff teams turn into contenders for high draft picks.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #12
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

He would be a perfect fit in KC ~ that offense would be unstoppable.
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

SD would be the best place for him. KC's offense is declining with the aging of Trent Green and that OL. I think we've seen the last of the highpowered KC offense
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #14
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 99071 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

... in jail.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #15
txlonghorn14
Rookie

probably cowboys or bucs. gruden and parcells could give him the kick in the rear end that he needs.
Old 01-13-2006   #16
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflnutswife
I've heard Dallas, but I can see personality conficts Parcells/Jones even Drew with TO. He definately needs to lose some attitude there.
Putting Owens and Keyshawn's egos and attitudes together could be really bad for the team. ESPN a while ago said Denver could be a top choice, and I could see that happening, I could see Tampa or Dallas or maybe Miami (all have also been mentioned as possibilities) but my top choice for him would be Atlanta. Him and Vick together could create some problems, but I think they'll get along, and they've been trying to find that one good WR for Vick to throw to and progress his career. I doubt any team is going to trade for him, so in the end T.O. will be able to pick his team to a certain extent, and keep in mind that he's very picky about his QBs (remember he refused to go to Baltimore with Kyle Boller), so that would damage the possibility of him going to Dallas or Miami, so as of now I think Atlanta is where he'll end up.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #17
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
Putting Owens and Keyshawn's egos and attitudes together could be really bad for the team. ESPN a while ago said Denver could be a top choice, and I could see that happening, I could see Tampa or Dallas or maybe Miami (all have also been mentioned as possibilities) but my top choice for him would be Atlanta. Him and Vick together could create some problems, but I think they'll get along, and they've been trying to find that one good WR for Vick to throw to and progress his career. I doubt any team is going to trade for him, so in the end T.O. will be able to pick his team to a certain extent, and keep in mind that he's very picky about his QBs (remember he refused to go to Baltimore with Kyle Boller), so that would damage the possibility of him going to Dallas or Miami, so as of now I think Atlanta is where he'll end up.

Based on what you're saying here about him being picky about his QB...he should love Drew Bledsoe then because Drew throws a beautiful long pass and Michael Vick isn't exactly known for being an accurate QB is he? I'm ASKING not questioning your example...I've always heard Vick can run but isn't a very good passer. I do not know one way or the other. I can count on one hand the times I've seen Vick play.

To me Terrell can't really afford to be too picky. He's a marvelous talent but he's burned alot of bridges and made some enemies. He should be kissing the ground of whatever city he ends up in and be thankful he's still wanted.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #18
Long-Spurs-Texan
Veteran

TO to the Cowgirls. Chucky couldn't let TO hurt Simms feelings, he's far too fragile.
Whoever signs him is in for more of this.
http://www.bangcartoon.com/childsplay.htm

Last edited by Long-Spurs-Texan; 01-13-2006 at 10:02 AM.
Long-Spurs-Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #19
CenTexNative
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CenTexNative Send a message via Yahoo to CenTexNative

I hope no one takes him. He's acting like a spoiled brat. He has too big an ego and a nouth to go along with it. In my opinion football doesn't need people like this.
Old 01-13-2006   #20
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 38908 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

I would take chance on him as a Texan. I heard speculation on ESPN radio that Kubiak is already trying to work a deal for him. Here is the Breakdown:

1 - The Texans receive TO and in return the Philadelphia Eagles receive
- A half bag of Oreos
- One 16oz Diet Snapple Tea
- A lifesize cardboard cut-out of Jerry Reed as The Bandit from "Smoky and the Bandit 3" (McNair did not want to depart with the original Cut-out featuring Burt Reynolds)
- And for good measure the Texans will throw in Phillip Buchanon.

This offer is expected to be accepted by both sides, although McNair is a little hesitant about the Cardboard Cut-out because he believes he could be a good replacement for Buchanon.
BeerTastesLikeVictory is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read