Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-12-2006   #1
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Casserly up next on ESPN News

Tune in to ESPN News. Casserly is up next. 2:30 pm cst
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #2
TexansTailg8r
Veteran

beat me to it
Old 01-12-2006   #3
Dennis007
Rookie

where can i watch it on the web?
Dennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #4
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

What's he saying? It's the coach's call?
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Pleeeeaaase tell me what he's saying. I'm at freaking work.
Old 01-12-2006   #6
TexansTailg8r
Veteran

really a bunch of nothing...lol. Sounded so so at best regarding vince. did anyone else get that impression?
Old 01-12-2006   #7
TexansTailg8r
Veteran

He basically just talked about Matt, Reggie and Vince all being great talents. And of course stated that we hold the cards being in that 1st overall spot. In a sense he took a little steam out of Vince's Rose Bowl performance saying that Fresno State basically scored at will against usc. Stated we haven't even got our new coach yet and he will have some imput there as well. Said you don't draft a guy because of where he's from, you draft him because of his talent. Talked again about Matt, Reggie, and Vince all being great talents
Sponsored links
Old 01-12-2006   #8
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 684 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTailg8r
Sounded so so at best regarding vince. did anyone else get that impression?
Same impression I got...All he basically said was that it would be the coach's call and that trading down isn't out of the question...
Old 01-12-2006   #9
SportsJunkie
Rookie

I am convinced Charlie just likes to hear himself talk. Whatever happened to playing stupid? Wait, Charlie does know how to play that game.
SportsJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

My gut feelings says it's a Bush draft and we'll keep Carr, in spite of what the public demands.

We'll still get to see Young play, though....twice a year.
Old 01-12-2006   #11
Dennis007
Rookie

Sounds like basically they are not going to show their hand and we won't know until April when the Commisioner says" And with the number one pick in the draft, The Houston Texans select....."

April can't get here fast enough
Old 01-12-2006   #12
daveebarb
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to daveebarb

Casserly is blowing smoke up everybody butt. I think it time for him to go.
daveebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #13
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 684 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
We'll still get to see Young play, though....twice a year.
If Young is so good that we are considering taking him, not Leinart, with the 1st pick, then why would NO pass him over with the 2nd pick?
Old 01-12-2006   #14
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I really think the Texans are going to trade down. He didn't sound like he was set on any of the top 3. He did talk about the trade with NO when he got their entire draft. He said you can't pass up a deal like that. He is going to trade down. I just get that feeling.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey
I really think the Texans are going to trade down. He didn't sound like he was set on any of the top 3. He did talk about the trade with NO when he got their entire draft. He said you can't pass up a deal like that. He is going to trade down. I just get that feeling.
It wasn't that good of a deal when you break down all the actual players the picks ended up going for.

Quote:
Because Casserly used just three of the Saints picks to stock the Redskins roster and traded the others away, Ditka's critics never bothered to figure out just what players were ultimately tagged in the slots vacated by New Orleans.

The following is a record of what teams took what prospects with the draft choices New Orleans sacrificed for Ricky Williams:

Round-Player-Year Team Position Player
1-12-1999 Chicago Bears QB Cade McNown
3-71-1999 Chicago Bears WR D'Wayne Bates
4-107-1999 Washington Redskins LB Nate Stimson
5-144-1999 Chicago Bears LB Khari Samuel
6-179-1999 Denver Broncos TE Desmond Clark
7-218-1999 Denver Broncos WR Billy Miller
1-2-2000 Washington Redskins LB La'Var Arrington
3-64-2000 Washington Redskins DB Lloyd Harrison
http://www.drafthistory.com/articles/article23.html

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #16
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

So the rundown is basically the same as usual..Charlie acted surly, defensive and like a know it all and then decided nothing.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #17
Dennis007
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog
So the rundown is basically the same as usual..Charlie acted surly, defensive and like a know it all and then decided nothing.
Lol.
Old 01-12-2006   #18
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey
Trading down has always been my preference. They can fill a whole lot more holes on the team, and in a way dodge this whole media frenzy. It might infuriate both camps on the Reggie Bush/Vince Youngdebate as we pass up on both playmakers, but at the same time it takes possibly the most difficult draft decision in years out of our hands, and I think it would be the most beneficial decision for the overall betterment of the team, assuming we can get a decent trade offer.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #19
Dennis007
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
Trading down has always been my preference. They can fill a whole lot more holes on the team, and in a way dodge this whole media frenzy. It might enfuriate both camps on the Bush/Reggie debate as we pass up on both playmakers, but at the same time it takes possibly the most difficult draft decision in years out of our hands, and I think it would be the most beneficial decision for the overall betterment of the team, assuming we can get a decent trade offer.
That would be crazy. I know it's an option the Texans are playing with but by gosh that would really be seen as a punk way out.
Old 01-12-2006   #20
SESupergenius

Trading down is my preference, but when you throw Casserly into the mix it makes me cringe as to what he'd do with those extra picks. I don't even trust him to make the best pick.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read