Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-12-2006   #1
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek
Default Draft Bush Petition ... It's Coming

Just so you know.

There has been recent talk on the radio regarding 97.9's "Get Vince or Else Petition."

In the spirit of friendly competition, and because I and a good number of others do not believe that the Texans should draft Vince Young, I and some friends have created a "Draft Reggie" petition.

97.9 is talking some serious game about how far they are going to take this petition. Well, for you Texans fans who would like to draft Reggie, or even if you like Carr and want to see us trade the pick ... this petition is going to need your John Hancock.

I have registered the domain and will have the petition up soon, hopefully this time tomorrow (given how long it takes the domain name to propagate across the net)

And no, this isn't I-hate-Vince, this is, I would rather us do something else with the pick. So fire away with whatever, but I am simply posting this as a public service announcement of sorts. Besides, seems like it will be a good time, don't it?

Stay tuned ...
Old 01-12-2006   #2
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Some enterprising indiviidual needs to create and produce some T-shirts
with each sides preference: "Texans for Vince" or "Texans for Reggie"
and make a few bucks. Have we got any entrepreneurs in Houston ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
There has been recent talk on the radio regarding 97.9's "Get Vince or Else Petition."
Just one question. Who listens to 97.9?
Old 01-12-2006   #4
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Just one question. Who listens to 97.9?
Hahahaha. Good stuff. It is one of my six speed dials ... I get itchy radio finger driving, and I happened on the announcement last night. My understanding is that 610 or some other outlet announced this petition as well, as an FYI.

Unimportant or not, I will not stand idly by while 97.9 tries to run David Carr out of town in favor of the local poster boy. Far more importantly, tries to get McNair to draft Young instead of using that pick on something else that I and many others deem more important.

Again, this is not a screw-Vince thread ... but if McNair is going to be served with petitions about "what the fans want" he is going to hear both sides of the tale.

I will announce the site once it is up, I am waiting for the domain name to propagate right now. GoDaddy for $2.45 ... hell yeah.

Flame away.
Old 01-12-2006   #5
thefuture17
Rookie

ill sign it and i could get other people were i live to sign it
Old 01-18-2006   #6
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Exclamation Reggie,reggie,reggie

.........Im on it!
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006   #7
MrGrievesII
Rookie

Default Go To Draft Vince To Sign Petition

http://www.draftvince.com/
MrGrievesII is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-23-2006   #8
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

this is just pathetic.

Why cant people let the professionals we are paying millions of dollars to decide what is best for the team?

I think some people are taking our team's name way too seriously.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006   #9
Caesar
Veteran

Quote:
Why cant people let the professionals we are paying millions of dollars to decide what is best for the team?
Because we see where the decisions of these "professionals" have gotten us to this point. Given this, I'm sure they will take Reggie considering that he means nothing to the Houston community (unlike Vince) and would do nothing to address our needs (unlike trading the pick).

Yes, drafting Bush would be a very "Texans" thing to do.
Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006   #10
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

ahhh.. so the professionals arent doing their job... wow..and they just got here too. Or do you mean Casserly? im not going over that again but Casserly's drafts have actually been pretty good.

I bet 90% of the people signing that petition couldnt tell you the difference between a half back and a cornerback. Its all hype.
Old 01-23-2006   #11
Caesar
Veteran

Quote:
im not going over that again but Casserly's drafts have actually been pretty good.
wow

Chester Pitts instead of Clinton Portis
Fred Weary instead of Seth McKinney
Bennie Joppru instead of Anquan Boldin
Seth Wand instead of Derrick Dockery
Dave Ragone instead of Chris Simms
Travis Johnson instead of Derrick Johnson

and so on....
Old 01-23-2006   #12
Grid
Hall of Fame

you cant judge draft success by who we COULD have had. hindsight is 20/20.. judge the drafts by how useful the players WE got are.

and all the tsips bring up TJ instead of Johnson. Johnson wasnt exactly great last season.. you should be arguing that we didnt get Odell Thurman or one of the other players that actually played well last season.
Old 01-23-2006   #13
Caesar
Veteran

I'm not talking about the picks that were bad in hindsight (I didn't even list those), I'm talking about the picks that were obviously bad the moment they were made.

And yes, Derrick Johnson is a VASTLY better pro player than Travis Johnson, just as he was a vastly better college player and a vastly better prospect.
Old 01-23-2006   #14
Grid
Hall of Fame

and you are vastly overstating the meager difference between Derrick and Travis. You havent even seen Travis in the new defense.

Chester Pitts is a pick that was obviously bad?
Bennie Joppru was? why..because of his extensive injury history?
Dave Ragone was? bull..i didnt see anyone on here talking about how we missed out on Simms.

None of those were obviously bad picks when they were made. They are only bad in hindsight.. and some of em arent even bad in hindsight, like Pitts.
Old 01-23-2006   #15
MrGrievesII
Rookie

Go to

http://www.draftvince.com/

to sign the petition
MrGrievesII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006   #16
ReggieBushFan
Rookie

I'll sign it bro

draft

Reggie Bush
ReggieBushFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006   #17
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude, ya gotta love this picture of Vince on the Box's homepage. A straight G'!!!

http://www.kbxx.com/article.asp?id=163378

This is the face of a man who really wants to get drafted by the home team.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006   #18
HeartofHouston
Veteran

DRAFT BUSH!!!
Old 01-24-2006   #19
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
you cant judge draft success by who we COULD have had. hindsight is 20/20.. judge the drafts by how useful the players WE got are.

and all the tsips bring up TJ instead of Johnson. Johnson wasnt exactly great last season.. you should be arguing that we didnt get Odell Thurman or one of the other players that actually played well last season.
Or Lufa Tattuuatata(sp) from Seatle
Old 01-24-2006   #20
Caesar
Veteran

If those aren't obviously bad picks, then I guess I should be the GM, because I could have immediately told you they were foolish.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read