Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-12-2006   #1
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Moon announced as Hall Of Fame Finalists

Among the others are Reggie White, Troy Aikman, Thurman Thomas, John Madden, Derrick Thomas, & L.C. Greenwood to name a few.

Three to six of the Finalists will be selected and announced on Feb. 4th.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9158411
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Moon should be in the HoF, but I doubt he'll go on this round of selections.

I'm surprised that John Madden is not already in there, though.
Old 01-12-2006   #3
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
I think Moon should be in the HoF, but I doubt he'll go on this round of selections.

I'm surprised that John Madden is not already in there, though.
He almost certainly will not be on this ballot.

I see Reggie, Troy, and Madden going in on this ballot. There is a possibility that Derrick Thomas will as well, but I am not sure.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #4
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst
He almost certainly will not be on this ballot.

I see Reggie, Troy, and Madden going in on this ballot. There is a possibility that Derrick Thomas will as well, but I am not sure.
Madden should go, but not as a coach. He should go because of his "total body of work". He won one SB with Oakland and didn't coach very long. His major contributions have been as a broadcaster. He is one of a kind (hate him or like him) in that department. I just don't think his coaching stats stand up alone under HoF scrutiny. It is along the same lines as Joe Namith. The only reason he made it was his play against the Colts in SB III, along with his prediction/promise.
Old 01-12-2006   #5
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

My vote would be for DT, Moon, and White.
TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #6
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

I would go up to Canton to his induction...

As far as Irvin.....CRACKPIPE!

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #7
Holden135
Veteran

I think the fact that he only won 3 playoff games in his career is gonna really hurt his chances. If it weren't for the Buffalo Bills he may have a ring and a gold jacket.....
Holden135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-12-2006   #8
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Reggie White
Thurman Thomas
Derrick Thomas

That's my 3.
Old 01-12-2006   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks
Reggie White
Thurman Thomas
Derrick Thomas

That's my 3.
I gotta go with them too.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #10
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Madden should go, but not as a coach. He should go because of his "total body of work". He won one SB with Oakland and didn't coach very long. His major contributions have been as a broadcaster. He is one of a kind (hate him or like him) in that department. I just don't think his coaching stats stand up alone under HoF scrutiny. It is along the same lines as Joe Namith. The only reason he made it was his play against the Colts in SB III, along with his prediction/promise.
John Madden coached 10 years with the Raiders. Career record of 112 wins 39 loses 7 ties. Regular season record was 103 wins 32 loses 7 ties. Postseason record 9 wins 7 loses. Madden's regular season percentage is .739, the highest of any coach with 100 career victories. His career percentage is .739, second only to Vince Lombardi's .750. (The only two coaches with 100 or more wins to have career win percentage over .700) Stats taken from 2005 nfl record and fact book page 29 coaching records.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden135
I think the fact that he only won 3 playoff games in his career is gonna really hurt his chances. If it weren't for the Buffalo Bills he may have a ring and a gold jacket.....
Interesting tidbit from ESPN.com Page 2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Page 2 article
4. Hall of Fame voters wavering on Warren Moon's qualifications for Canton might want to explain the difference between Moon and Dan Fouts, a first-ballot inductee.

Moon threw fewer interceptions and for more yards and touchdowns than Fouts. Moon appeared in more Pro Bowls than Fouts. They won the same number of playoff games. The only thing Fouts has over Moon is a league MVP award.

Other than that, Moon and Fouts were the same player.
Food for thought.
Old 01-12-2006   #12
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks
Reggie White
Thurman Thomas
Derrick Thomas

That's my 3.

Thurman Thomas? Not Troy Aikman?

Why would you put Thurman in and not Troy?
Old 01-12-2006   #13
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Reggie White
Troy Aikman
and hopefully
Michael Irving
Thurman Thomas
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #14
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullpen Drew
I would go up to Canton to his induction...

As far as Irvin.....CRACKPIPE!

As for MOON!! WIFE BEATER, Mafia connected, game throwing bum!!! The day he gets inducted into the hall I will PUKE!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #15
CenTexNative
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CenTexNative Send a message via Yahoo to CenTexNative

Warren Moon was an awesome quarterback. I remember when he first came to the NFL from the Canuk Football League. He put a new twist on the defenses that came at him. They didn't know what to do whit a guy like him. He was a lot of fun to watch.
Old 01-13-2006   #16
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Aikman, D.Thomas and Reggie White will make it. I just hope that White gets in because he was a good player, not because he died last year. People are saying Pat Tillman should be in the Hall, but he wasn't a great player and he's not the only football player to die in the army.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #17
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Moon should be in the HOF, at least for the steps he took to allow minority QBs the chance to play QB.

Last edited by mexican_texan; 01-13-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-13-2006   #18
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

I don't think Michael Irvin will go to the HOF for a while if Art Monk hasn't.

Last edited by mexican_texan; 01-13-2006 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-13-2006   #19
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Where is VYs name on the list?

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #20
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Warren Moon is my favorite player of all time. His is the only NFL jersey I own. When the Oilers traded him, I gave up on the team and the NFL for several years until we got the Texans.

I'm so biased, but I think he deserves this. He wasn't just statistics - he really paved the way for today's black quarterbacks in the NFL. He wasn't the first black quarterback, but he certainly helped make made the road for the future generation much easier.

Congrats to Warren on his finalist selection.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read