Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-06-2004   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Most impressive rookies in camp.

I know it is too early but I am not asking who we think is going to dominate this year as a rookie. My question is, who has been the most impressive rookie in camp so far?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004   #2
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Charlie Anderson has a real shot at making the team as a backup OLB. He reminds me a lot of Peek. It's still too early to tell though..... Need to see him in game situations.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004   #3
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
I think Charlie Anderson has a real shot at making the team as a backup OLB. He reminds me a lot of Peek. It's still too early to tell though..... Need to see him in game situations.
Please don't tell me that Anderson (I think a 6th rounder), is a more impressive rookie LB than Jason Babin !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004   #4
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

aj was just saying he thinks Anderson is having a good camp to where he could make the roster. Babin is obviously looking impressive or he wouldn't be pencilled in as the starter for the first defense.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004   #5
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead83
aj was just saying he thinks Anderson is having a good camp to where he could make the roster. Babin is obviously looking impressive or he wouldn't be pencilled in as the starter for the first defense.
Actually I think Babin was pencilled in as a starter because he was handed the job before anybody took a single snap in Summer Camp. It is his to lose. I want to confirm that he is not just the second most impressive rookie LB in camp - I have not yet had the opportunity myself to watch him perform.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw Anderson play at Ole Miss and he was always double teamed. He played a bit thicker than he is now since he was on the end, but he was always someone the opponent offense had to account for. However, I never really gave him too much thought when I was watching Rebel games. I wish I played closer attention to him then. I'm pulling for him. I'm a big fan of the U of M.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004   #7
Mistril48
All Pro

I guess Charles Anderson is competing with former Titan Anthony Dunn for the back up LOLB spot. I believe that the VERY early depth chart posted by the Texans shows Dunn ahead of Anderson.

Does anyone have any idea how Dunn is doing so we can gauge Anderson's chances. Anderson would also have a chance to impress on spec. teams to move ahead of Dunn if he's a factor there.
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-06-2004   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone know how D.J. Renteria is doing? For some reason I'd like to see this guy make the team.
Old 08-06-2004   #9
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Please don't tell me that Anderson (I think a 6th rounder), is a more impressive rookie LB than Jason Babin !
If you want to be Capt. Obvious and talk about Dunta and Babin in this thread, be my guest. I was just trying to add something about one of the other seven who impressed me in the brief time I had to watch him in drills the other night.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004   #10
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
If you want to be Capt. Obvious and talk about Dunta and Babin in this thread, be my guest. I was just trying to add something about one of the other seven who impressed me in the brief time I had to watch him in drills the other night.
someone named aj has a case of the mondays!
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read