Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-11-2006   #1
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler
Default Would you trade the #1 pick for D'Brick and Lendale White.

Would you trade the #1 pick straight up for D'Brick and Lendale White?

fun senario

btw: I probably would make the trade.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, I would.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #3
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

No.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #4
Mightymike
Veteran

a franchise LT and RB for a better franchise RB
hell yea im doin that
most (including me) think white will be a better back in NFL
Mightymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #5
gotexans828
Rookie

Gee, let me think! AAAAH HHHH YES!!!
gotexans828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

not possible.

No one has two first roud picks except Denver.. and their picks are too late in the round to get Dbrick and White.

If it was possible.. yes id take it in a heartbeat. White is DD but bigger and possibly more durable. Dbrick would lock down the tackle positions on our Oline for the next decade.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

and I dont think "most" is a good word to use for the people who think White will be a better back. Cause "most" isnt even close... the only place where Bush isnt considered by "most" to be a future superstar is on this board.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-11-2006   #8
txlonghorn14
Rookie

thats a tough decision. i think houston should go with vince young. he's gonna be an amazing QB to watch for some time.
txlonghorn14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #9
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by txlonghorn14
thats a tough decision. i think houston should go with vince young. he's gonna be an amazing QB to watch for some time.
welcome to the board, even if your opinion is obviously biased. keep posting.
Old 01-11-2006   #10
CITY CAT
Veteran

You don't upgrade the RB position, unless its Bush (possibly the next Gale Sayers). No one else is that much better than DD.
CITY CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #11
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CITY CAT
You don't upgrade the RB position, unless its Bush (possibly the next Gale Sayers). No one else is that much better than DD.
wow...just wow...:brickwall :brickwall
Old 01-11-2006   #12
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I take that offer in a New York second.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #13
ReggieBushFan
Rookie

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S REGGIE'S WORLD !!
ReggieBushFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #14
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

Personally those who are looking at the bigger picture here and see that if we stay in the 34 we have 7 positions open. Obcourse we prob wont fill them all but we need to fill majority of them. Then if we go to 43 then its 8 positions need to be filled. I dont think we can stay at #1 period. We need 3 OL members, TE, LB, CB, FS just for 34 and for 43 we need a DL... now if we get a TE in either T Johnson or R Mcmicheal then that can be our TE for this year. We still need a #2 CB that cant wait past 2nd round. I think we need a LB pretty bad here. Peek hasnt lived up to expectations. Wong is coming off an injury.. greenwood was a let down... and babin i will just stop there. Then we need a FS which there will be some good ones in the 3rd round we can draft. There is a strong possibility if that we could not even draft an offensive player til the 3rd round. To be honest as of NOW i think we have no choice bbut to trade down. Obcourse there are trades and FA that could change things. I just dont see it as of now.
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightymike
a franchise LT and RB for a better franchise RB
hell yea im doin that
most (including me) think white will be a better back in NFL

You mispelled "many" there Mightymike. Common mistake. Unless you've got a poll, show of hands, or a head count of some kind it's speculation.

It seems to me that if "most" thought he was going ot be a better back in the NFL than Bush then he'd be projected to go before Bush in the draft. He still might be but right now it's not that way.
Old 01-11-2006   #16
Jerry
Veteran

In a heartbeat, although I would prefer D'Brick + top TE/FS + more draft picks
Old 01-11-2006   #17
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

If it was at all possible I would do it in a second.
Old 01-12-2006   #18
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

It's not possible, but if it was I'd definitely consider it. I'd prefer Eric Winston to D'Brickashaw Ferguson, and I'd probably prefer DeAngelo Williams to LenDale White, but that's a toss-up. If we were talking Adrian Peterson (I know he's not eligible this year, but if he was) and Eric Winston, I'd definitely do it.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #19
Long-Spurs-Texan
Veteran

I would trade it for Ferguson & AJ Hawk, but not another RB. That being said, we are taking Vince
Old 01-12-2006   #20
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

No, Why trade a pick that could be a potential bust into 2 picks that could be potential busts.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read