Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-11-2006   #1
mj.
Rookie

Default Reggie Bush had 27 plays over 20 yards this year!!!!

That's right 27 !!!!!

23 rushes and 4 catches over 20 yards in just 13 games.

The Texans as a team had 26 plays over 20 yards in 16 games. (5 run, 21 pass)

Perhaps he could help us right away....
mj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #2
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Unless we are scheduling the PAC-10, how does this translate to the pros? Boy I can't wait til the Texans play UCLA!
Old 01-11-2006   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

His average per touchdown is 34.5 yards.

That's simply amazing.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #4
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbourda
Unless we are scheduling the PAC-10, how does this translate to the pros? Boy I can't wait til the Texans play UCLA!
Did Cadilac Williams play against the SEC this year. Oh thats right he came straight to the pros and made a difference.

Vince Young won't be seeing Louisiana Lafayette or Rice University either next year. But I expect him to do fine....oh course he probably won't see much playing time.

Running Back is one position that a player can make an impact right away.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #5
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj.
That's right 27 !!!!!

23 rushes and 4 catches over 20 yards in just 13 games.

The Texans as a team had 26 plays over 20 yards in 16 games. (5 run, 21 pass)

Perhaps he could help us right away....
OMG!! Wow!! VY had 59 total plays over 20 yards!! 49 passing and 10 rushing!!

I know this is just a case of mine is better than yours, but Bush supporters keep quoting ridiculous stats like VY doesn't have them too.:brickwall
AustinJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #6
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Pass plays are easier to get big yardage on.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #7
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
Did Cadilac Williams play against the SEC this year. Oh thats right he came straight to the pros and made a difference.

Vince Young won't be seeing Louisiana Lafayette or Rice University either next year. But I expect him to do fine....oh course he probably won't see much playing time.

Running Back is one position that a player can make an impact right away.
Look I merely made light of the subject. You judge for yourself.
Old 01-11-2006   #8
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
Pass plays are easier to get big yardage on.
Come on, you kidding me right?
Old 01-12-2006   #9
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Come on, you kidding me right?
How? A thrown ball travels faster than someone can run. It's that simple.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #10
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Bush for the #1 overall pick is a joke.
He is not an option in goal line situations.
He couldn't barely crack the field against a good D. 5 or 6 of those 20 something runs of 20 yds or more against Fresno St. They lost to Nevada.
He is a WR playing RB.
He is a special teams standout. The opposing teams usually put their 2nd and 3rd stringers out there for punt and kick coverage. WOW.
He is the next coming of Desmond Howard. Would you (loking back) draft Howard with the #1 overall
He will NEVER be an every down back. He will not be the back in goal line situations.
His skills translate to a 3rd rnd scat back, KR, PR, slot receiver type. NOT WORTHY of the #1 pick
Old 01-12-2006   #11
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 21318 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Please...

Bush was the 3rd leading rusher in the NCAA last year. This is made even more impressive becasue he split time with another good RB, but even them he still racked up around 1700. What makes his third place finish truly mind boggiling is that he did it with just 200 carries, more then a 100 carries fewer then the guys who finished first and second.

Let's say Bush got another 100 carries (about half the carries White had) and averaged just a measly 4 yards a carry (which is under half his average for the year and it makes for easy math) Reggie would of of finished the year with 300 carries for 2100 yards.

Now I know this is speculation, but 1700 yards on 200 carries for an average of 8.7 yards is just flat out other wordly.

As for the performance of Go...I mean VY how did he do agaisnt the worst BIG XII pass D, and nearly the worst in the nation, A&M? He barely had a decent game against a piss poor D. So don't go knockin Bush's performance agains FSU till your guy can torch the worst D he saw all year. OK?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #12
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
He couldn't barely crack the field against a good D. 5 or 6 of those 20 something runs of 20 yds or more against Fresno St. They lost to Nevada.
He is a WR playing RB.
He is a special teams standout. The opposing teams usually put their 2nd and 3rd stringers out there for punt and kick coverage. WOW.
He is the next coming of Desmond Howard. Would you (loking back) draft Howard with the #1 overall
He will NEVER be an every down back. He will not be the back in goal line situations.
His skills translate to a 3rd rnd scat back, KR, PR, slot receiver type. NOT WORTHY of the #1 pick
I could make several points against Vince Young like this, but I like my reputation points.

Everyone in football has bad points. Why do we have to focus on the negatives? Both players are good, both are worth taking at #1. Doesn't mean I'd agree with taking either of them, but I can't control what the Texans do.....well unless I'm playing Madden.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #13
BeerFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to BeerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
He is a WR playing RB.

i'd love to quote you on this two years down the road. Tony Dorsett said Reggie Bush is the best running back he's ever seen. As a top running back, i am sure his knowledge exceeds yours. im sure his familiarity with Bush exceeds yours.

His love for Vince Young doesnt exceed yours, though. This is driving me crazy. Can't anyone understand that BOTH PLAYERS MAY BE GREAT? just because you like one doesnt mean the other is gutter trash.

how about we argue which one is best for this team, this year, not which fast food restaurant Reggie Bush will be working at in 5 years.

THIS IS REGGIE FREAKIN' BUSH. man, he's super talented. your criticism seems baseless. How is he Desmond Howard? anything other than the Heisman? Reggie is an RB (and bigger than Clinton Portis, who seems to be doing fine in this league). Desmond Howard was a raw athlete that never learned to play right or run his routes right. Reggie isnt being drafted for his special teams skills.
BeerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #14
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerFan
i'd love to quote you on this two years down the road. Tony Dorsett said Reggie Bush is the best running back he's ever seen. As a top running back, i am sure his knowledge exceeds yours. im sure his familiarity with Bush exceeds yours.

His love for Vince Young doesnt exceed yours, though. This is driving me crazy. Can't anyone understand that BOTH PLAYERS MAY BE GREAT? just because you like one doesnt mean the other is gutter trash.

how about we argue which one is best for this team, this year, not which fast food restaurant Reggie Bush will be working at in 5 years.

THIS IS REGGIE FREAKIN' BUSH. man, he's super talented. your criticism seems baseless. How is he Desmond Howard? anything other than the Heisman? Reggie is an RB (and bigger than Clinton Portis, who seems to be doing fine in this league). Desmond Howard was a raw athlete that never learned to play right or run his routes right. Reggie isnt being drafted for his special teams skills.
I totally agree with you other than Bush being bigger than Clinton Portis, he is taller but not bigger. Other than that, I definitely agree with you, most people on here, on both sides of the argument (myself included at times) promote their guy and make it sound as if the other one is an assured bust, both of these guys should be great players, it comes down to the decision of who the owner/management think is going to benefit this team the most. I personally think they'd benefit most from trading the pick and acquiring extra starting-quality players to fill the holes on the team, and my second choice would be keeping the #1 pick and drafting Bush (or Mario Williams if we switch to a 4-3 and he puts up Julius Peppers-like numbers in workouts).
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #15
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Hey you....quiet.

I really like the "he played in the pac-10" or "thats college football" garbage that people spit on a daily basis. News Flash...

THEY ALL PLAYED IN COLLEGE!

Please find more facts to back up your statements please, and that goes for all of you. LaDainian Tomlinson and Marshall Faulk BOTH played in weak conferences, and turned out to be great pros...so please keep quiet on the "weak conference" factor, because honestly, it really doesn't matter at all.
Old 01-12-2006   #16
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Why does everyone always bring up the argument that Bush is small, I mean Tiki Barber finished 2nd in the league in rushing this year with 1860 yards on 357 carries as well as 54 catches for 530 yards. Not to mention that Bush will get bigger before the draft, for all of this workouts and the combine.
Old 01-12-2006   #17
Bayern
Veteran

Not to mention that Bush will get bigger before the draft, for all of this workouts and the combine.

I TOTALLY agree. I bet when the combine rolls around this guy will come in bigger and stronger. His biggest knock (and I say this loosely because I think he's amazing) has been size concerns, and I am confident he will silence the critics in the next few months here.
Bayern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #18
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 684 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayern
His biggest knock (and I say this loosely because I think he's amazing) has been size concerns, and I am confident he will silence the critics in the next few months here.
Size isn't the biggest knock on Bush...The fact that he has never been an every down back and hasn't demonstrated much of an ability to run it between the tackles and much bigger concerns...That said, I like Bush and would not be disappointed at all if we were to select him...He is an electrifying player capable of taking it to the house on every touch, and outside of AJ and Mathis, we don't have anybody else who is able to do that...
Old 01-16-2006   #19
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Just get BUSH!
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #20
HOOK'EM
Veteran

..............everyone wants da BUSH!
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read