Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-11-2006   #1
exclude
Veteran

Default Big Announcement tomorrow!! (Reggie Bush)

Reggie Bush is scheduled to announce tomorrow morning.
Old 01-11-2006   #2
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

they are 2 hours behind us.. so it could be REALLY early in the morning.

I just skimmed that article and didnt see a set timeframe.. anyone know what time it will be at?
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #3
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat

Now What if he does NOT come out wanting to go for another Heisman? I think then our choice is easy.........

Last edited by Texizgreat; 01-11-2006 at 06:11 PM.
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

btw, nice find Exclude
Old 01-11-2006   #5
Grid
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texizgreat
Now What if he does NOT come out wanting to go for another Heisman? I think then out choice is easy.........
yes.. trade down

Old 01-11-2006   #6
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Yeah if Reggie's not there, trade down and either take Mario Williams or best available OL
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #7
exclude
Veteran

I expect the announcement to sound like this:

"I'm formally declaring forgoing my senior year at USC to enter the 2006 NFL Draft. I believe I'm ready for the next level and am anticipating a fruitful career as a Houston Tex, er, NFL player"
Old 01-11-2006   #8
Daonly
Veteran

Im off tomorrow, and live 15 minutes from the campus, I should go down there and snoop around. maybe i can get some inside information from by standers family, friends, etc...
Daonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #9
GoneTexan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
they are 2 hours behind us.. so it could be REALLY early in the morning.

I just skimmed that article and didnt see a set timeframe.. anyone know what time it will be at?
An Article stated morning in California Time... this should mean around Lunch time in Texas.

------------
White said today in a televised announcement from Denver that he will forego his senior season with the Trojans to make himself eligible for April's draft, where he is projected to be selected in the middle of the first round.

And USC announced that White's fellow tailback, Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush, will reveal his decision about the NFL in a news conference Thursday morning at Heritage Hall.
-------------
http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...cle_941599.php
GoneTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #10
Grid
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneTexan
An Article stated morning in California Time... this should mean around Lunch time in Texas.
well duh.. hellllo grid.
Old 01-11-2006   #11
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
well duh.. hellllo grid.
EEZ up. They were responding to some other poter that said we are 2 hours behind so we'll get the conference early in the morning. That'd be like 4 in tha morning.
Old 01-11-2006   #12
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

hes already told a magazine hes leaving to go pro......
Old 01-11-2006   #13
Grid
Hall of Fame

I was responding to my own stupidity there Big B
Old 01-11-2006   #14
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daonly
Im off tomorrow, and live 15 minutes from the campus, I should go down there and snoop around. maybe i can get some inside information from by standers family, friends, etc...
that would be dandy.
Old 01-11-2006   #15
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109600 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bush to announce tomorrow morning...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2288562

Think he is having second thoughts about coming out? I think he comes out for money only, however if he is having second thoughts it's probably because he doesn't want to go to Houston or New Orleans. Houston because of the VY hype, he might feel the fans will be on him from day one. New Orleans for obvious reasons.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #16
LCOOL
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2288562

Think he is having second thoughts about coming out? I think he comes out for money only, however if he is having second thoughts it's probably because he doesn't want to go to Houston or New Orleans. Houston because of the VY hype, he might feel the fans will be on him from day one. New Orleans for obvious reasons.
He will probably pull an Eli Manning and demand to be traded to San Diego his hometown or Oakland or San Fran, if Houston picks him up, it could happen.
LCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #17
bdiddy
Veteran

He would love to come to the Texans. Carr, Johnson, DD + Kubiak and an improved o-line = an immediate chance for offensive success. If he does not come out it is because he thinks he is going to New Orleans. He would not mind the Titans or Jets either - Tennessee has Norm Chow and Jeff Fisher and Bush is on the record as saying he would like to play in the NY market (during heisman ceremony time).
bdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

my feelings are this..It will be a mistake for Bush to not come out.. what more can he do? He is getting compared to Gale Sayers for crying out loud.. I can't imagine him staying. I seriously doubt he can have another game like he did against fresno state and notre dame... no way in a season.

I don't want to turn this into a VY thread, but I think Vince realized his value of stock wouldn't get any higher than what it did after the rose bowl..
that is why he declared
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #19
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I think he's going to come out, but I don't blame him for hesitating. He's still very young. Even though there's much more money involved, playing at USC has to be a lot more fun than playing in in the NFL. At least that's what Matt Leinart thought last year.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I would say he definetly had to weigh out his options, I'm sure there is some loop hole they found in case he gets drafted by a team he does not want to play for, I'd still say his prefrence is to stay in California, 2nd choice NY & third Texas.

this could really be interesting you realize we might actually see the top prospects workout, if not at the combine I fully expect them to peform at their respective College Pro Days, meaning 40 times and shuttles. this may wind up being the most competitive try outs to date to see who goes #1 overall
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read